2008 Nissan Versa 1.8L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Very pleased with the cost-benefit

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Review

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

1.8 SL Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. CVT Automatic)

Very pleased with the cost-benefit
By jefffleming61 on

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this as a "first car" for my daughter in 2008. Honestly, either my wife or I would like to drive it full time! We took a family of 4 on a weeklong beach trip (10 hours one way drive). It was amazingly comfortable and zippy even with 4 adult passengers. My wife calls it the 'zip zap'. The CVT makes it accelerate like a golf cart (on steroids). Just puss the gas pedal and off it goes as fast or as slow as you want. No herky jerky gear changes. As a teenager, my daughter just puts gas in it and goes. We haven't been back to the shop for any reason other than normal maintenance. I'm very, very happy with this vehicle.

Favorite Features

The continuously variable transmission (CVT), the roominess, the audo/cruise controls on the steering wheel.

Suggested Improvements

I like the overall look of the vehicle, esecially from the side or back. I don't much care for the front view. It doesn't look like it belongs in the Nissan family. The carpet and upholstery is very durable, but it shows (and holds) dirt easily.