Liz's Versa in Tulsa, OK.
By Liz Torres on
2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)
After three months of research, I purchased a Versa S Model in March, 2008. It's been the best car purchase I've ever made. I've getting 28-36 miles per gallon (75% hwy, 25% city). I took it to Kansas City recently and upon arrival, I still had 1/3 tank of gas left. It's comfortable, roomy, drives great, has many safety features & cruise; all the basics I wanted for $14K. This was my budget and anything extra I considered a luxury I didn't really need. After reading negative reviews regarding the Blue Tooth incompatibility problems, I am glad I didn't purchase the SL Model. On the other hand, it would be nice to have the ABS brakes just for extra protection. I'd recommend the Versa S
Favorite Features
Stereo has good sound, huge glove compartment, comfortable chairs, good suspension, CVT is smooth; handles well on the hwy; even on windy days, still does fairly well. It doesn't feel like you're driving a small car. More importantly, it's fun to drive!
Suggested Improvements
No armrest; no map lights, just dome light in the center of interior roof. Since the initial purchase, I noticed it took 2-3 turns on the ignition key before it turned. When I took the car in for its 1st oil change, I reported the problem & the dealership replaced the fuel regulator; now doing OK!