2008 Nissan Versa Consumer Review: Easy Transition, Maxima to Ver

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Review

Easy Transition, Maxima to Versa
By S Boyle on

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Driving the Versa made it easy to economize and transition from an 04' Maxima SL in both cost and comfort. I wanted a more fuel efficient car and spent weeks researching the Honda Civic/Fit, Toyota Corolla, Nissan Senta/Versa, Chevrolet Aveo, and Ford Focus. After test driving the Civic, Focus, Corolla and Sentra, I chose Versa with ABS. It's amazingly peppy with easy steering and great turning radius. It offers the most room of any of cars I drove and is just as comfortable as the Maxima. There is plenty of rear room for grandchildren's car seats without adjusting front seats. The difference in the payments, gas costs and insurance saves me nearly $4,000 over the next 20 months.

Maneuverability. comfort and fuel economy. I averaged 25.5 in the Maxima and now 34.6 with the Versa.

The safety feature of the tire pressure monitor is a great idea. It is very sensitive. I had my car back to the shop the second day when tires were 3 lbs under pressure in all four tires. Dealers should check pressure before selling to customer and also alert customers of TPM sensitivity.