Cool Canadian
By Cool Canadian on
2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
Right now western Canadians are paying about $1.10 per litre ($4.15 per gallon) for regular unleaded. I was paying about $400.00 per month in fuel alone driving my restored cutlass supreme. I needed something to save money, fast! Apples to apples the Versa is the best quality in its class with a lot of bragging rights in the category! Love it, love it, love it! I thought I was going to hate a compact car because I drive a 300+ hp car and a new crotch rocket, but this car has a lot of pep! The 1.8L engine is matched beautifully to the 6 speed manual. I tried the cvt, liked it, but the 6 speed was way too much for an enthusiast like me to pass up! Nissan, you've made a believer out of me!!
Favorite Features
Fuel economy!!! Not as good as advertised, but okay. 6 cd in-dash stereo with MP3!! I packed it full of burnt MP3 cds (all legal of course *lol*) I'll be listening to those cds untill I'm 90, without listening to the same song twice!
Suggested Improvements
Larger wheels and or stiffer suspension, this car has a lot of body lean in and out of corners at anything over 15 mph. I also feel like I have to battle with the automatic window, it has a mind of its own. Kinda expensive for the class, but it's money well spent for top quality.