A Sporty yet Sophisticated Vehicle
By shaynalp on
2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
I am a first time car buyer. My parents had bought me a Toyota for my first car, and I had been driving my dad's Lexus for a time. I decided to take my chances on a Nissan since my best friend's whole family loves, and drives, Nissans. I love the sporty look of the Versa. It has the large interior space of a mid-size sedan with the agile steering of a compact vehicle. The power is great for a 1.8L engine. However I did notice, as another reviewer had, the high RPMs at such a low speed. Every other 4 cylinder vehicle I have driven would be at 3,000 RPMs at 80 MPH- not 65 MPH like this vehicle. I thought it would affect gas mileage, but I have not seen any evidence of it.
Favorite Features
The seats have great lumbar support, which was important for me since my lower back arches deeply. The interior doesn't look cheap, even with my base model. The large windows provide great visibility with next to no blind spots. Passengers have plenty of head & leg room in front, as well as the back
Suggested Improvements
I would prefer a better stereo system. Call me picky, but it sounded like I had a blown speaker when I only had the bass +2 (+5 max). At 0 it sounds perfectly fine though. Also could use more storage space. There is no center console or arm rest but the glove compartment is a decent size.