2008 Nissan Versa Consumer Review: A Nice First Car

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Review

1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 4-speed Automatic)

A Nice First Car
By Oscar on

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This was the first car I test-drove after getting my license and so far, I do not regret my decision. I wanted a no-frills, simple car, and the Versa was that plus a bit more. I was also looking for something to carry around people comfortably, and the Versa does just the trick; I even find myself wanting to sit in the back seat to indulge in all the room. The interior layout and controls are nice, everything I need while driving is within easy reach. Performance-wise, the Versa meets my needs. I have to keep reminding myself it's not a sports car, but with some consideration on my part, it does what I need it to do. Street and highway driving are a breeze. Fuel economy is decent.

Favorite Features

Seating: As I mentioned already quite comfortable and plentiful. I also like the abundance of air bags, makes me feel just a bit safer driving around. The A/C cools quickly enough (I live in the desert). Control/indicator layout: Everything is in a logical place and easily found.

Suggested Improvements

A standard armrest would be nice, and the ciggie adapter could be in a better location. Power locks/windows should be standard.