A Fool is born everyday
By kpcole on
2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
Yes, I'm the fool. I wish I could go back and get the Honda Fit I originally wanted but didn't get b/c Honda wouldn't come off $1,000 from the price. I purchased the 2008 Nissan Versa and have hated it from the 1st week of ownership. 64,000 miles and the windows won't go up and down smoothly, When accelerating going up an entry ramp to the hwy, I lose MPH and the RPM's redline. I have to pull over on the shoulder of the highway at 5:00pm traffic, put it in park, then back to drive to reset it. Only to have it happen again going up a hill slowly. Sometime I have to push the petal to the metal (floorboard) just to get it to move! And the steering wheel gets loosey goosey when I lose the MPH's.
Favorite Features
NONE- Gas mileage is worse than husbands Ford 500!!!
By rayden19
on 06/15/12 21:35 PM (PDT)

Dear kpcole, We also have a 2008 Nissan Versa and have experienced limited acceleration. We took it to the dealership thinking that the trans was going out. They could not figure out it would only drive 5 miles per hour with the gas pedal pressed to the floor. I looked up my problem on the net and found that the brake switch (just above the brake pedal under the dash) was the problem! The first thing I did was test the brake lights. Upon pressing the brake pedal, no brake lights. I purchased one at a local auto parts store and replaced it. Guess what? It worked! I think that the vehicles computer will tell the vehicle not to operate at a fast speed when it senses that the brake light switch is not working. It should cost you around $45 and about twenty minutes of your time to get you up and running. Let me know if this helps.