2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Great car but the RPM's run high
By TIna Kline on 05/06/08 16:51 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I just purchased a 2008 Versa hatchback, so far love it! Averaging 33 mpg, not bad condsidering I drive 50 miles to work, and hit 32 lights along the way. I'm a little concerned about the RPMs running high, in 6 sp, 62 mph I'm running at 3000 RPMs. Other than that great car!!

A Nice First Car
By Oscar on 05/06/08 10:27 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This was the first car I test-drove after getting my license and so far, I do not regret my decision. I wanted a no-frills, simple car, and the Versa was that plus a bit more. I was also looking for something to carry around people comfortably, and the Versa does just the trick; I even find myself wanting to sit in the back seat to indulge in all the room. The interior layout and controls are nice, everything I need while driving is within easy reach. Performance-wise, the Versa meets my needs. I have to keep reminding myself it's not a sports car, but with some consideration on my part, it does what I need it to do. Street and highway driving are a breeze. Fuel economy is decent.

Best for the money
By alli on 05/06/08 09:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Yaris was like driving a bubble, the Fit was nice but cost too much, my Versa is bigger has more power and better MPG. The only thing I would change would have been my color selection (2) which did not not make my head turn.

Excellent car, fair price
By Claire on 05/06/08 09:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I gave up my Suzuki Grand Vitara for this Versa SL Hatchback and it is impossible to be more happy. I cut my gas expenses a lot (you save more using cruise control), it has plenty of room, actually the back space is bigger than the SUV, my kids are more comfortable now, there are plenty room for legs. I feel pretty safe driving it, very stable on highways, very comfortable to ride (65 miles commute daily) with the back sit folded I have plenty of space to load almost everything, so I don't miss my SUV, without folding them you can fit 2 medium suitcases perfectly. Excellent car and very fair price

Lots of car for the money
By Swerver on 04/28/08 21:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We've had our Versa for about 7 months and we LOVE it.We looked at all the others, and it was no contest.Classier and more substantial looking than the Fit or Yaris, almost identical in dimensions and capacities to the Vibe/Matrix but costing thousands less, the Versa is great bang for the buck. The fact that it drives and feels nothing like an economy car is icing on the cake.The interior is amazingly roomy and comfortable for a small car and a lot quieter than I expected, almost a Mausoleum compared to my old Neon. Incredible room in the back seat and more than enough cargo space. The Versa's space efficiency is truly amazing.

2008 Versa SL
By doc on 04/25/08 18:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Great car I love the way the inside is designed. There is a lot more visibility than I expected and obviously the fuel economy is great to.

Recommended
By GeoGal on 04/11/08 05:40 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I don't drive far to work but it's a great car when I drive half way across the country to visit family.

Good Little Car
By MobStar on 04/07/08 21:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I did my research before I bought it, and haven't ever regretted the decision. Driving mostly city (Southern California traffic), I can pull almost 34 mpg. The interior is really nice, doesn't look cheap at all. Comfortable to drive, definitely not quick, but it's a good commuter and daily driver. With the back seats folded down there is more than enough room to stow anything you need to - except maybe furniture, unless it's from Ikea :)

Glad I did it.
By Roni on 04/03/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I recently decided to give up my SUV of 8 years, and try something different. I am glad I did. I drove over 300 mi. to pick up my new Versa and it was worth every minute. It's sporty and classy and just an all around great deal. I am lucky enough to have some nice added features such as the power package, and rear spoiler, and I just tinted the windows yesterday. And it really looks sharp! If you're shopping for an economy car that if veritile, and sporty, this is it!

Nice Car Poor Mileage
By Mike Mikesell on 03/29/08 19:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have 13,000 miles on this car. The average MPG is 29.71 for all miles driven. The average for level freeway with cruise control and observing the posted limit is 27.22 MPG. The only reason I get 29.71 MPG is because I drive some hills on my normal commute and I coast whenever possible. I also coast to stops in neutral to maximize fuel economy. My other car a 2000 Saturn SW2 which has a 1.9L DOHC engine gets 34 MPG average since it was new 314000 miles ago. The Versa has been to the dealer 3 times; twice for minor issues and today for a CV boot replacement (clamp missing from original boot). The cruise control has an annoying habit of speeding up and slowing down when going down hill.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.