Used 2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Leaking Versa w/ bad gas mileage
By MSL

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased this Nissan Versa in April, 2008 as a commuter vehicle. I have a 64 mile round trip daily commute. I have had the Versa back four time to the dealership. Once for highway mileage that is only 27 mpg. The other three times have been for roof or door leaks. All have been part of warranty coverage, with free loaners to use during work. My floors are slopping wet and have been wet more than half of the eight months I have owned the vehicle. The last time I noticed wetness was after a free car wash that my dealership offers with each oil change. Living in Maine, a wet vehicle means frozen interiors to your windows each morning. Wish I had not purchased this vehicle.

Interior: roomy with great views from all seats. Cool exterior design.

Mileage and the leaking issue. Mileage was advertised at 30/34. I don't get 30 on a lightly traveled four lane highway. I've tried driving 55 and was told to pick the speed up by the service department. Driving 65 is no better. I average 27 mpg.

Fuel Injectors
By suzannaharati

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have gotten into 5 different wrecks in the past year and most if not all having to do with my blind spots on the left and right sides of the vehicle. I have noticed that the head rest cushioning has already started to come undone and also the lining to my back right window is coming undone which is letting water seep through. The biggest thing though is that just recently I found myself stranded at 3 in the morning with my car not wanting to crank. After getting it towed, the mechanic informed me that it was my fuel injectors flooding my engine. He said it was a flaw due to the manufacturing and would not be surprised if I would need to do it again in 40,000 miles. That job cost me $325.

The smart key, the look, the sound system, fuel efficiency

I would like to see this part recalled and be refunded for my troubles. I will not be suggesting to anyone to get the versa until the problem is sought out.

Bang for the buck!
By Fred Mallien

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Advantages: Extremely roomy. Uncanny quiet engine at idle (you cannot feel it or hear it). Peppy (I have gotten it to 118mph), but good mileage (30 city, 35 highway in real life). Disadvantages: Very susceptible to crosswinds. There is no keyhole in the hatch.

Good car, but needs some improvements
By DVB's Daughter

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I really enjoy "Scarlet." The car is responsive and easy to handle (except in really strong winds). I like the design. It's quiet inside with the windows closed. The radio is surprisingly good, and the cabin is spacious and roomy. Overall, very satisfied, and the areas of improvement would make it a FANTASTIC car!

I bought the hatchback in Red Alert. I think it is easy to drive and is quite comfortable. I think "Scarlet" is a really cute car and I've really enjoyed her and felt really smart to be filling her tank when gas was $4 a gallon.

Tire sensor light will not go off... tires have been checked. Inside light is abysmal. Speedometer is very hard to read. In deep south Texas the air conditioner is inadequate and air circ.system is very hard to use comfortably; the air always feels hot.

Good Car
By Happy Owner

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car when gas hit $4.00 a gallon. I only use it going to and from work, and it's all highway. I average between 32-36 mpg. Depending if I hit traffic. My best was 40 mpg, I never got over 63 mph, and there was a tailwind. Now that gas is down it takes me $16.00 to fill up. The one flaw I can find is the cup holders, they are in horrible spots.

Gas mileage.

Cup holders in better location.

• SUV