Used 2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Fuel Injectors
By suzannaharati

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have gotten into 5 different wrecks in the past year and most if not all having to do with my blind spots on the left and right sides of the vehicle. I have noticed that the head rest cushioning has already started to come undone and also the lining to my back right window is coming undone which is letting water seep through. The biggest thing though is that just recently I found myself stranded at 3 in the morning with my car not wanting to crank. After getting it towed, the mechanic informed me that it was my fuel injectors flooding my engine. He said it was a flaw due to the manufacturing and would not be surprised if I would need to do it again in 40,000 miles. That job cost me $325.

The smart key, the look, the sound system, fuel efficiency

I would like to see this part recalled and be refunded for my troubles. I will not be suggesting to anyone to get the versa until the problem is sought out.

Bang for the buck!
By Fred Mallien

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Advantages: Extremely roomy. Uncanny quiet engine at idle (you cannot feel it or hear it). Peppy (I have gotten it to 118mph), but good mileage (30 city, 35 highway in real life). Disadvantages: Very susceptible to crosswinds. There is no keyhole in the hatch.

Good car, but needs some improvements
By DVB's Daughter

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I really enjoy "Scarlet." The car is responsive and easy to handle (except in really strong winds). I like the design. It's quiet inside with the windows closed. The radio is surprisingly good, and the cabin is spacious and roomy. Overall, very satisfied, and the areas of improvement would make it a FANTASTIC car!

I bought the hatchback in Red Alert. I think it is easy to drive and is quite comfortable. I think "Scarlet" is a really cute car and I've really enjoyed her and felt really smart to be filling her tank when gas was $4 a gallon.

Tire sensor light will not go off... tires have been checked. Inside light is abysmal. Speedometer is very hard to read. In deep south Texas the air conditioner is inadequate and air circ.system is very hard to use comfortably; the air always feels hot.

Good Car
By Happy Owner

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car when gas hit $4.00 a gallon. I only use it going to and from work, and it's all highway. I average between 32-36 mpg. Depending if I hit traffic. My best was 40 mpg, I never got over 63 mph, and there was a tailwind. Now that gas is down it takes me $16.00 to fill up. The one flaw I can find is the cup holders, they are in horrible spots.

Gas mileage.

Cup holders in better location.

I got what I wanted
By Carl

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted a vehicle comparable to my 2004 Pontiac Vibe which has 110,000 miles and has been perfectly reliable. I also wanted a vehicle that is smoother and quieter than the Vibe, which I still love despite noisy and expensive tires. The Versa fills the bill, is a little more maneuverable and takes less effort to drive. Visibility is a little better too. Fuel economy is comparable, Versa being better in the city and the Vibe slightly better on the highway. For me the Versa is plenty quick (like the Vibe). I like the quiet, the Blue Tooth, the jack in the ratio that lets me use my $30 XM radio.

Ease of driving, performance, quiet for a small car (low road and wind noise), radio, keyless entry and ride. Seating is very roomy.

Auto on headlights, and AC outlet like the Vibe.