2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Nice ride, quiet, comfy interior
By knh on 06/06/08 14:27 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Ride quality is better than the old G35, very solid, bump absorbing, never got unsettled by any bumps. Steering is reasonably responsive. Cabin is very quiet. Convenience package is very practical. MP3 player standard is great.

Stay away
By rafboy on 06/06/08 10:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought a brand new one on 01/31/08. Has been in 4 times for repairs (including replacing the water- pump and also replacing the whole front passenger seat due to airbag sensors malfunctioning). The car has less than 3,000 miles on it. Simply unacceptable. I'm looking into pursuing legal action. Be forewarned!

Great Little Car!!
By Dave on 06/06/08 05:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've driven the Fit, Scions, Focus, Corolla, Yaris and Civic and I have to say that I like the Versa the best. The Corolla, Yaris and Civic all are well made cars, but for me the Versa had the smoothest ride/acceleration (CVT) and best interior. The layout of the controls was top notch. Also you sit up higher in the seat so you have a better view of what's up ahead. The keyless feature seemed like no big deal at first, but when your hands are full, you don't need to fumble in your pockets for the key. It's a pretty neat feature. However, what people like is so personal to them that I think you need to drive all the aforementioned cars to decide what is right for you. Good luck!!

Easy Transition, Maxima to Versa
By S Boyle on 06/01/08 05:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Driving the Versa made it easy to economize and transition from an 04' Maxima SL in both cost and comfort. I wanted a more fuel efficient car and spent weeks researching the Honda Civic/Fit, Toyota Corolla, Nissan Senta/Versa, Chevrolet Aveo, and Ford Focus. After test driving the Civic, Focus, Corolla and Sentra, I chose Versa with ABS. It's amazingly peppy with easy steering and great turning radius. It offers the most room of any of cars I drove and is just as comfortable as the Maxima. There is plenty of rear room for grandchildren's car seats without adjusting front seats. The difference in the payments, gas costs and insurance saves me nearly $4,000 over the next 20 months.

Best Hatch for My Cash
By jasonnwin on 05/30/08 23:02 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

So far, I love the car. It's onyx blue with beige interior. It had about 16 miles on the odometer. I've put about 300 miles on it driving to and back from work on the freeway. Feels very upscale for an "econo-class" car. I chose the Versa after test driving three different versions (Manual, Auto, and Sports Auto with paddle shifter) of the Honda Fit. I found the Fit nimble but has too much of an "econo-car" feel to it. Plus the CVT and the Inteligent Key on the Versa are a couple of the many awesome "upscale" things that I appreciate every time I drive my Versa. I couldn't ask for more for the price that Nissan is selling it for.

Versa Info
By Bruce on 05/29/08 17:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

At 6'4" & 240 lbs, I actually fit in the Versa. The seat is a bit short for my long legs & not quite wide enough to accomodate my wide hips. My wife is 6' & the seats fit her fine. You can haul 2 six footers in the back without them feeling cramped. The Versa handles fine but the suspension is a bit choppy on rough roads. The Versa feels underbraked but I've been driving 1 ton & 3/4 ton trucks for 25 years so I am used to strong brakes. My first tank of fuel in all city driving yielded 27 mpg. At 2,000+ miles I am up to 29 mpg in the city. On a recent trip with a 700 lb payload & running 75 mph, I averaged 31.5 mpg. Versa's my first compact car & I would buy another. Lots of room for a compact!!

Versa's ROCK!!
By Jennifer Webb on 05/15/08 15:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have driven many, many vehicles. The Versa is a perfectly balanced car. You get a lot of bang for your buck, plus my family of four fits comfortably. The styling is cute, particularly with the rear spoiler (hatchback). Gas mileage is great. I was driving a Jeep Cherokee and that thing was killing my wallet. The Versa also sits so that I don't feel too low to the pavement. There is great visibility. Even though from the outside it looks small, it doesn't feel small on the inside. The body lines are like the Quest minivan, but I'm too cool to drive one of those. :) There are two other people in my family that have Versas and I think that everyone should. You should test drive today!

Versa works for me
By Paul on 05/14/08 12:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove the Honda Fit and Nissan Versa numerous times before making up my mind. I chose the Versa and I am extremely happy that I did. It feels substantial, looks good and the CVT, Intelli key and Blue tooth hands free are awesome. The trunk is small but the ride is smooth and quiet. The engine tends to "lug" a bit when cruising around 30 mph but smooths out quickly when gas is applied. The engine sound is "buzzy" during quick accelerations but quiets right down. MPG so far is 26.44 but that is strictly around town driving (hardly ever over 50). Overall so far, I love it. I added a very light weight trailer so the small trunk isn't an issue plus I can now haul larger stuff to the dump

Great Little City Car
By Felipe on 05/11/08 20:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Traded my old MB station wagon in for this great little car. Used to get 17 mpg on premium, now 30 mpg on regular. Peppy and roomy for city and expressway usage. Well built with no creaks and everything seems to fit well. Easy to get in and out of.

7 month - 2nd review and all is well
By rick752 on 05/10/08 14:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is an added review to the one I wrote on 12/10/07. I mostly use my Versa as a daily commuter in stop & go suburban rush hour traffic and get about 28 mpg. I just took it on its first 200 mile trip up and down the Berkshire Mountains of Ma on a major highway and was more than pleased to see that I got 36 mpg with cruise set @ 72 mph with the 6M. The ride was comfortable and quiet although the narrow, tall stature of this car causes crosswinds to play with it a little bit. Nothing terrible though. I still miss not having a center console. The only annoyance I had was the low pressure tire sensors misbehaving in the extreme cold. No problems though. Still love it!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.