Used 2008 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

2008 Versa
By jim strauss

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Nice care for the money. Spacious interior, and decent ride. Could use a little more power, but we didn't buy it to be a sports car. We just wanted a reliable family sedan, and the Versa exceeds that need.

Plenty of room for a family of 4.

Little bit larger cargo room on the hatch back.

2008 VERSA
By Sonny31

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2008 Versa Hatchback and this is an awesome ride. it has been a year now owning it and had 50,000 + miles on it. to this day I have only taken it in for minor sunroof issues and had my car stereo replaced 2 times now. Handles great but when the wind comes blowing by, Man does that car pull to the sides. I really don't think its getting 30+ MPG. i would say it's more like 25- 29 MPG's. the sound system in it needs to be a lot better than what it has now. my mother has a dakota and the sound system is Great! If its a sport package and needs a better sound system. Other than that it is a great car to drive and my car for traveling.

Style and Look Roomy Interior Steering Wheel Controls

Better Sound System Goodyear Tires on them at Drive Off

By Joan Blumena

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was in a car crash in 2007 with another type of vehicle. I was very concerned about replacing my vehicle. I had to have a safe vehicle with airbags and a proven safety record. My Versa met every requirement that I needed and believe me I spent many hours reading reviews and also looking at all types of vehicles. The Versa had everything I needed and was at a great price. The dealership that I bought from was friendly and they were very patient with me, answered all my questions and realized how much safety was important to me. I love my vehicle and have recommended the Versa to others without hesitation.

I like the fold down back seats, it is so easy to get in and out of. You don't feel like you are on the ground.

I wish the front seats had armrests (not really a big deal) the air conditioner could be a little more powerful and lastly there are two bad blind spots in the back after the back windows.

Never going Nissan again
By Pissed in Idaho

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My first car was a 1985 Nissan Maxima and I ran it to death from the years of 2003-2008 when I bought our Versa. Since then we have had the fuel pump replaced THREE TIMES and it keeps failing. We recently had it replaced but notified Nissan of us declaring lemon when the part breaks again, I just hope I get all the money I put into it as we are a few hundred dollars off from paying the entire 16k we paid for it.

Oh I don't know...the trunk I guess.

Just because its the cheapest model they have doesn't mean it should be a piece of junk.

Once it starts, it's great...
By Sandy M.

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Everything is great on the vehicle, except the starting problems... has difficulty starting, it takes 2 cranks sometimes (not only in winter, but in all seasons). It has been in the dealership 5 times in the first 12 months I bought it. Nissan Corporation refuses to buy back the vehicle, because the dealership I bought it from keeps on replacing different parts (the dealership also don't report this to CARFAX either (bad dealership)). I am now going to take it to a different Nissan dealership and see what their mechanic says. Nissan has made me miss 5 days of work - not good! I have a manual and I am lucky if I get 27 mpg in the city, I don't drive it hard.

The hatchback can hold a lot of stuff, worth the extra $$$! Nice clutch and stick, very easy to find gears and shift. Great car over all.

Nissan Corporation needs to back their products better!!!

• SUV