2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
My first import...
By SubVet on 08/26/08 14:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I traded a 1998 Buick Century with well over 100,000 miles for this new Versa, and to date, am very happy I purchased it. My Buick was like a member of the family. For ten years, I got in each morning, turned the key, and she started. Never a problem. So far, my new Nissan is proving to be a worthy replacement. I average 35 MPG with a 6- speed transmission and the car is very comfortable. For the price ($10,000 + my trade), I cannot complain. The car even included power everything, ABS, keyless entry, cruise control and splash guards.

I Recommend This Car
By R.. Santiago on 08/21/08 13:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

When the lease was up on our Volvo XC90, we started to search for a replacement vehicle with at least similar interior comfort, including wide seats and leg room, plus a smooth and quiet ride. Surprisingly, we found it in our 2008 Nissan Versa S. Sometimes I forget that I am not driving the Volvo XC90 anymore. Mileage wise I get from 25 to 29 mpg.

Won't buy a nissan again.
By Disappointed on 08/18/08 19:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

In the period of time I have had this car it has broken more times than the entire life of my 91 CRX. This car was purchased to be a daily driver as the CRX is modified and I was attempting to keep low miles on it. However, I've found myself having to drive the CRX more because this car breaks quite frequently. So far in the less than 12 month of owning it the fuel pump has been replace 2x, the starter has been replaced 1x and still won't turn over reliably, the tranny has been rebuild 1x, the a/c blower has been replaced 1x, the cd unit has been replaced 1x, and I'm sure I've forgotten a few. I will never buy a Nissan car ever again, and will trade in for a Fit soon.

So far so good
By PM in So Cal on 08/17/08 16:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased the car in 4/08. We were an all V8 family and have adjusted well to the 1.8L. The car is fun to drive and carts our group of 4-5 around effortlessly, w/the AC on. Power is good, although engine gets a bit "wound up" on heavy acceleration. Engine calms down when you get to freeway speed. Getting 20-28 MPG combined (I have a heavy foot). Interior space is very good, even for those tall people riding in the back. Sport Package dressed up the car nice. Well built and tight. Held up well to an 18 wheeler slamming into the driver's side on the freeway. We are very satisfied thus far. Compared to the other econo-models out there, much more car for the $$. Would recommend.

Retiree and a Versa
By Jim Frederick on 08/16/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car primarily for my 125 mile round-trip commute to my part-time retirement job. It also serves as our second vehicle so interior space is a real plus. A lot of quality car for a reasonable price. Now have 6,000 miles on it, mostly highway and getting anywhere from 31 to 37 mpg (depending upon speed and a/c use). The only issue so far with the car is a slight pull to the left at highway speeds but dealer is working with me on that. I would really like that fixed. Four speed auto does well overall. I wonder if I would have liked the CVT?

Yes, I'ld rather drive a Buick
By Phil on 08/12/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Yes, it gets better mileage than my Rendezvous but you give up a lot. No place to put your right arm. Cup holder too few and in wrong place. CVT very noisy. AC needs a lot of redesign help. Have to run fan at setting 3 or 4-much to noisy. Steering wheel position not comfortable. Visor mirror has no lights. On the plus side doors are nice and wide and lots of headroom make getting in and out east for tall person like me. Rear wiper improves vision greatly. Suburban driving getting 28 mpg-great. Interstate trip with cruise on 65 mph only getting 34 mpg. Buick would get 31 to 31 mpg on trip. All in all would've expected better mpg and miss Buick features including ONSTAR.

Still worth the price
By sickegg2000 on 08/05/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I’ve always like Nissan cars, and this is my 4th Nissan. I have owned 240sx, 2 X 300zx because Nissan to me is safer and better quality for the same bucks…. I have to say for less than 20K, I got a fully loaded Versa Hatchback SL with power roof and somewhat economic, I am satisfied with my purchase. I am just hopping the mileage can be better, but there is always a balance comparing mileage and power. Versa is the fastest in it’s class comparing Toyota Yaris, Scion xD, and Honda FIT, and so it makes sense that it’s not the most economics car within this group. I have test drove all the cars listed above, I personally think Nissan handles the best when it comes to corners and balance.

Great looking econo car
By 350Z Owner too on 08/01/08 10:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I own a 350Z and its gas hungry and I wanted something I could commute to work a few days a week to save on gas, but also travel in. I researched and came across the Versa. It's got a great interior design compared to comparable cars in it's class. It's roomy and has great visibility all around, which is hard to say for the 350Z. I think this is a great buy for anyone looking for a good point A to B car to save on gas, but not feel like your driving a cheap tin can on wheels.

A Lot Of Bang For Your Buck
By Matt on 07/30/08 12:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought the car to get some relief from Tahoe gas mileage while running children to and from school and sporting events. I looked around Edmunds info and went to several dealerships looking at the Honda Fit, several Toyotas, and the Nissan Versa hatchback and sedan. After considering the reviews, the price, the safety ratings, and getting inside some of these tiny contraptions, I decided the Versa sedan fit my needs best and the needs of my family, including one new learners permit driver. So the Tahoe spends most of its life in the garage, while we buzz around on the Versa. I couldn't be happier with the overall quality, ride, ROOM, and fuel economy. Great little car, for not many bucks.

Bad Quality & Problematic Transmission
By sam on 07/29/08 14:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

1. Passenger side door lock broken since purchase, dealer changed. 2. After 2000 miles, hear clicking noises from many places. 3. Suspension broken, dealer changed. 4. Still hear the noises from the base. Dealer said the problem is the heat shield falling down. 5. After 2800 miles hear noise from the transmission. When transmission is cold, I hear a clicking sound once between first and second gear. Only when low speed and cold transmission. 6. Right now the car drives at an average of 21 miles per gallon,half city half highway. 7. Sometimes the driver seat makes a squeaking sound.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.