2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Fun car to drive.
By dcsounders on 07/21/08 08:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I just purchased my new Nissan Versa in June of 2007 and I love it. It is fun to drive, it is very comfortable and gets great gas mileage. This is my first new car and I know I made a great choice. I did a lot of comparison shopping with other manufacturers and I feel like, with the options I got, I got more for my money than I would have if I would have purchased a different make.

Great car for the price!
By kawh on 07/17/08 18:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I sold my Prius to take advantage of the ca hov sticker value. Bought the versa as a "bridge" car until the electric hybrid comes along (hopefully). Am not disappointed. Am getting about 30 mpg combined, which is good as I drive a lot of country and hilly roads. Quiet ride. Love that the seats go flat for hauling items. Got it loaded for under 12,000. Did well in the high mountains on a recent road trip - enough power to feel confident on a crowded freeway. BASIC interior inoffensive. Negatives - need more storage spaces in front and cup holders are cramped. Radio is difficult to tune to new stations. That's about it. Wish it got 45 mpg... Ah, well.

Great car! Great gas mileage!
By Oscar on 07/12/08 15:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I never though the day would come that I would contemplate buying a compact car; but with 4-5 dollar gas it's a no brainer. With a negative mindset for compact cars I set out shopping. I wanted fuel economy, but I also wanted comfort and style. As a third car at home I didn't want to pay more than 13-14K for the car. Basic transportation! After looking at Kias. Toyotas, Hyundais and some comparable GM models, I went to see the Nissan Versa. I found all that I was looking for in this little car. At 6'2" tall I found the car easy to get in and out of. You do not feel like you are driving a "compact" with the Versa. Plenty of power and good looks. Great fit and finish.

Decent Car
By Decent Car on 07/12/08 12:20 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is my second review. I have almost 5K miles on my Versa. A couple of things that I've noticed in comparing the Versa to the 2001 Honda Civic that it replaced are that the dash rattles over even the slightest bump and it appears that Nissan does not have the same attention to detail or quality of materials that Honda appears to have. I have gotten as high as 39 miles/gallon; the Civic got 43-45 on the highway in the summer. The Versa rear windows go all the way down, the Civic's don't. The Versa seats are more comfortable and the ride is not as brutal as the Civic. The tire pressure sensor is useless and comes on for no apparent reason. Reliability is still a question.

2008 Nissan Versa
By Patrick Bouchard on 06/30/08 14:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Nissan Versa 4dr hatchback, CVT + cruise control & Bluetooth technology. Very roomy and comfortable car for long distance trips. Heavier by 500 pounds than YARIS/ECHO. Big+ on highway, on a windy day. Extremely stable car. Interior well finished, sound system good. Points: cable opening hood broke on my 3rd try. Air conditioning made noise, had to be emptied and refilled with proper level of refrigerant. Frustration with bluetooth compatibility. Nokia 5200 and Nokia 5300 are fully compatible.. read carefully Nissan web site for compatibility. Patiently train your bluetooth.

I Love My Car!
By ebolhafner on 06/22/08 15:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I test drove a Scion xD and a Honda Fit before this one, and I fell in love immediately with the Versa. It's amazingly roomy, drives very smoothly at highway speeds (compared to other cars in it's class) and is cute but not too cute like the Fit and Yaris are. I get good gas mileage, about 34 mpg with 60% highway 40% city driving. The model I bought has neat extras like audio and cruise controls on the steering wheel, armrest, etc. My fiancee loves how roomy it is, and I can fit both our bikes in the back easily. I think this is an underrated little car and a GREAT value!

Pleasant Surprise
By MrIcemaker on 06/08/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I originally purchased this vehicle as a means to lower my fuel costs – my main vehicle was an F-350 diesel, and I commute 70 miles each day. In 18 months I would then turn it over to my daughter to drive. Since February, I have put just short of 9000 miles on the car (will put about 20,000 per year I am guessing), including a 16 hour (each way) trip to Reno NV (from Denver) without overnighting. That is a long time in a car, and I was surprised how comfortable it was. Plenty of power, excellent handling, and I averaged over 35 mpg on the trip at 75 mph set on the cruise control. I would not only recommend this car, I may buy another one in 18 months and keep this one for myself!

Decent Car
By Decent Car on 06/08/08 05:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I generally look at a number of things prior to buying a new car. The Versa was the best combination of price and features that I found. The Versa transmission (6 speed) is smooth and easy to use. The final drive ratio should be about 300 rpm lower at 70 mph. I am not sure what possessed Nissan when they designed this. I agree, the center armrest is needed. I ordered one in and added it myself. I am getting mileage from 31 -38. I am a conserative steady drive. Nice car in general, doesn't attract attention.

2008 Versa
By jgonzales on 06/07/08 11:29 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've had the car less than a month. I really like the interior room. The power of this car is satisfactory. There is plenty of room for the kids in the back. I wish it would get at least 35 mpg on the highway.

2008 Nissan Versa... what a cool car!
By Jan Hill on 06/06/08 19:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Great car. I drove the Honda Fit, the Toyota Yaris, the Suzuki SX4, and the Nissan Versa won hands down. It's a great car. Has a lot of interior room. The Versa has tons of room and I can straighten my leg all the way out, which is great when you are commuting 2 hours round trip a day. The mileage is great. I'm getting 33 MPG and It's not even broken in yet. Very quiet ride (w/windows closed) and does great at highway speeds of 70 MPH. It feels stable and solid. Has a big car feel to it. The others felt like scary go-carts at high speeds.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback in VA is:

$129 per month*