Used 2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Commuter Car Supreme
By Hoho

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I got sick of driving my BMW 325 in the snow, and then got sick of fixing my Volvo, so I sucked it up and bought a commuter car. I have always been a fan of Nissan reliability -- have had several over many years. I now drive 25k a year. I have put 34k on this car, and it runs the same as the day I bought it. There was a minor vibration at 3000 RPM that was easily repaired (air conditioning insulation was vibrating). I have done all the scheduled maintenance. I recommend that. I am of the mind set that if this car is maintained correctly, it will last a long time. Is it fun to drive like a Euro car? NO! But it is reasonably quiet, handles okay, and slow as molasses. Overall I am happy.

Roomy interior, comfortable. Getting 31 mpg overall in crappy Connecticut driving scenarios.

Turning radius is the pits. Slow, slow, slow...

Windows & lights
By Brenda

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I really like my little car but have more trouble with the electric windows. Have always had elec windows but motor replaced once and still in cold weather refuses to go down. Second never had to scrape my headlights off. The shape of these makes it necessary. Hope it lasts me 5 yrs because other than that really like.

Quiet time
By Dan

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Recently bought my Versa SL preowned with 5000 miles on it. Prior to buying the car I drove similar cars from Toyota, Hyundai, Honda, VW, Ford. The thing that sets the Versa apart from these other cars is the super low interior noise level and seamless transmission shifting provided by the CVT. I also noticed a lower level of engine vibration or "buzziness" that's sometimes transmitted through the accelerator pedal or steering wheel of 4 cylinder cars. The car has a much more solid feel to it than the Ford Focus. The doors sound solid when they are closed, you can tell the car is put together well. As back seats go, this car has a very roomy rear seating area for a small car. Nice little car!

CVT, side impact airbags, low interior noise level, big car ride.

Interior dome light not bright enough for me, would like to see independent rear suspension rather than solid rear axle, these items are no biggie for me.

Best Christmas Present Ever!
By karly

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My husband & I had a 2004 Nissan Sentra, we were just browsing around, didn't care much for the new Sentra. I'm so glad we got this car, it's the best present ever. I love driving it, gas mileage is awesome, looks sporty, the windows were already tinted, it's fully loaded, absolutely love it.

EVERYTHING!

Cup holders are in an odd place. But, nothing major!

Leaking Versa w/ bad gas mileage
By MSL

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased this Nissan Versa in April, 2008 as a commuter vehicle. I have a 64 mile round trip daily commute. I have had the Versa back four time to the dealership. Once for highway mileage that is only 27 mpg. The other three times have been for roof or door leaks. All have been part of warranty coverage, with free loaners to use during work. My floors are slopping wet and have been wet more than half of the eight months I have owned the vehicle. The last time I noticed wetness was after a free car wash that my dealership offers with each oil change. Living in Maine, a wet vehicle means frozen interiors to your windows each morning. Wish I had not purchased this vehicle.

Interior: roomy with great views from all seats. Cool exterior design.

Mileage and the leaking issue. Mileage was advertised at 30/34. I don't get 30 on a lightly traveled four lane highway. I've tried driving 55 and was told to pick the speed up by the service department. Driving 65 is no better. I average 27 mpg.