2008 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews 7

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Versa SL Hatchback
By petrolhead85 on 11/20/08 00:29 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Mine is an SL with the tech and sport packages (i.e., every option available) So far I am very impressed with my Versa. I cross-shopped this car with the Fit, Rondo, Yaris, VW City Golf (Canada-only model) and even the Mazda 3. in the end it was between this and the Fit. I chose the Versa because it had a better interior and was better value for money. So far (~4000 miles) nothing has gone wrong and there hasn't even been the customary "mysterious new car dash squeak." It feels like I'm driving a high quality product and not an econobox. The CVT takes a bit of getting used to, but it really suits this engine and doesn't feel bogged down like the 4 spd auto in my '04 Sentra.

Love love love my Versa
By stlrfan17 on 11/07/08 11:16 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Versa since July and I love it! I added a few extras (tinted windows/window visors/moonroof) to make it less geeky. I'm very happy with the fuel economy - went from owning a SUV that got 12-15 mpg to my Versa averaging 30 mpg (city driving mostly). The interior is surprisingly big - we have 2 boys and they have plenty of room in the back! The cargo space is adequate as well. It's fun to drive and easy to park in tight spots. I mostly do city/town driving but have taken my Versa on long trips as well and am very happy with the comfort and the 34 mpg I got! For a car that was well under $20,000 for all the great features, it was well worth the $$.

My Versa is nice, but...
By Ray on 11/03/08 20:00 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My Versa is nice but, the horsepower is really low. I think I notice it more at take off. The gas mileage is great. When gas is 2.069 per gallon it only cost twenty dollars to fill up. I do wish they would add two more gallons to the tank. The radio is nice but if you want loud its not gonna happen. The design is what sold me, the overall look is great.

Like the vehicle, but having problems
By hjb0028 on 10/09/08 17:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Nissan!! This car drives great and has SO much head and foot room!! It has plenty of cup holders and gets great gas mileage. I also love how sleek it looks on the outside!!! I have had some problems with it however. My starter is going out for the 2nd time, I have had to have my fuel pump changed already, and I am always having hubcaps fall off… about 7 so far. Thank goodness for my warranty!! Other than that though I love my car. It is so relaxing and comfortable to drive. The trunk has plenty of room also. My dealership has been the best I have ever had. They have been extremely friendly and has work well with me.

Good car, very poor dealer & Mfr. backup
By ABC on 09/17/08 15:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Car purchased strictly for economical driving to ranches on good highways. Cruise control very important accessory. Cruise control is the worst I have ever experienced. Resume mode is a joke. Driving on normal highways in flat South Texas is nightmare. Any little bump or slight incline causes cruise control to downshift from 2800 RPMs to 4200 RPMs. Nissan will not fix. Mileage poor because of cruise control (28-30 average).

Nissan Forever
By Nissan Rich on 09/08/08 08:30 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We have two other Nissans (and our 1969 AMX). We buy them for the longevity and value. This one is no different, good value for the money, a/c, p/s, p/b, cruise, CD, auto. Not sure if that is the series or extra purchase. Gets about 30 mpg, city/highway combined. Got 35 mpg highway at 85 mph in Colorado, Washington on a trip to see my son. Has had a few hiccups, fuel regulator causes you to turn key three or four times to start while pressure builds, fixed under warranty, tire pressure sensor goes off for right rear tire but so slow a leak dealer cant find it, steering wheel made a scuffing sound when turned lock to lock. Overall very satisfied, 11,000 miles already, fun to drive, good mpg.

Great commuting car
By Joe on 09/05/08 12:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

100 miles/day and the car is great. Comfortable, but the S needs a center arm rest. Very smooth ride and handles very well. Most interior room of any small car we tested (Yaris, Elantra, Cobalt, Mazda3, Corolla). I'm 6'2" and leg room was very important. This is a great buy for your money. 32 MPG when I drive reasonably, 29 MPG when I keep up with Chicago traffic at 80 MPH.

GOOD SUBCOMPACT OVERALL
By TD on 08/31/08 15:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Good gas mileage, 26 city, 33 hwy. Wanted a manual but not available on sl sedan so I decided to try the CVT and I like it. Performance is excellent with this trans. Unfortunately it is my understanding that you cannot get the CVT in the SL sedan any longer, it is only available in the hatchback. The only available trans on the SL sedan is the 4 Speed auto, as such gas mileage will suffer. The Versa has ABS and 6 airbags. The bluetooth works great and the radio with XM and 6 cd offers great listening flexibility.

Great Value for the $$
By Paulie in Baltimore on 08/28/08 07:12 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased to replace a Land Rover on my 100 mile daily commute.I haven't had a car this small since I learned to drive way back in the day. She's not sexy, but that's the only discouraging word. I average 33 mpg consistently & change the oil every 5K with synthetic. This car's exceeded all my expectations. I was simply looking for a fuel saver aka $$ saver & I got a lot more!! Best value on the market for this type of vehicle IMHO.

My right arm
By edjl on 08/27/08 10:18 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I were heading towards a Yaris, but by the time we had all the features picked out, the price was to high for our budget. We looked at the Versa and got a lot more car with the needed features. I use this little car for work, and kept my truck for the big stuff like hauling trash and getting gravel. I am disappointed with the highway mpg and steering wheel. Plus, no right arm rest! I hope Nissan has one for 2009, and some form of a retro-fit for my 2008.