Used 2008 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

was ok at first
By dc

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The car was great at first. Fuel regulator replaced twice. Three visits for air conditioning. Parts were on national back order 2wks. Two weeks with out air in fla. They didn't want to put me in a rental, but did. Now some really. Weird noises when I accelerate. Appt tomorrow. A few other minor things no big. Will not buy another Nissan. To many problems with this one.

roomy and quiet

shouldn't have to wait so long for parts

Perfect for the spouse
By ron

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My wife owned a used '97 Sentra for a few years. When we went new, she insisted on a new Nissan. As she is from S. America, and grew up with hatchback family haulers, the Versa is perfect for her. Her biggest want was space, esp. for the suitcase laden trips to visit her folks. The car has no pretensions of sportiness, but the CV transmission pulls well enough and the car is relatively quiet. It has had a few problems (ones that I have read as common): hard starting (replaced fuel pump regulator, front end "clunk"(in for service on this once, now has it again -dealership says it cannot replicate this), 6- changer CD player replaced. Overall, not a bad car, the wife loves it, would buy again

CVT, Dash layout, amount of car for the $$

Better handling, esp. in sidewinds, no manual (or inside) hatch release

99% happy with my Nissian Versa
By cary zwern

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have drove my versa 39,000 with know problems at all. I change the oil every 4000 miles and put gas into it and could not be more happy. I live in Denver co and go into the mountains all the time and my versa has lots of power for a 4cycl motor and and goes up and down the mountains with know problems at all. The versa handles well in the snow also. When parking the car it is very easy. I would buy a versa again.

The Versa handles very well and can go around in a circle if needed.The cd player and speaker sound very good.

The stock tires that come on the Versa wore out at 28,000 miles this needs to be looked at.The air cond could be colder..

not the prettiest peach!
By kasey

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. Straight up. Personally, I think the exterior design leaves a bit to be desired. However, I've put 40k hard-driven city and highway miles on it since purchase (1/08) and it's given me no problems.. Other than a recalled starter issue, which was covered by Nissan. I have the hatchback, and am mindblown by the amount of stuff and people I can comfortably pack into the versa. Nice base stereo, interior design is intuitive and ambient. I have manual trans with the standard 6-speed, Nice for highway driving. A bit squirrely on highways during windy weather and suspension is indeed soft. Standard stereo has trouble reading mp3 cds sometimes. Solid deal for a tough little car.

keyless entry, stereo, rear wiper, massive vast interior space, power windows, 6-speed manual, comfy seats, lots of extras available, reliability,

finer-tuned suspension, a little more pep, a little less ugly.

Where did the oil go
By jan

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I too had the mysterious cluck in the front steering, air conditioning problem. After 5 times in the shop, The factory reps came in and looked at the car,gave me extended war. They said the noise was normal. When I picked up the car, the next day the engine blew at 30,000 miles. They said the car had no oil, but the oil light never came on. Took several weeks with Nissan to get the dealer to fix the car. We only have 5,000 miles left on warr. Don't want the car anymore. No one can tell me where the oil went and why the light never came on.

There is nothing you can do to improve this car. It's horrible.

• SUV