2008 Nissan Versa 1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - 7 month - 2nd review

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Review

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

7 month - 2nd review and all is well
By rick752 on

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is an added review to the one I wrote on 12/10/07. I mostly use my Versa as a daily commuter in stop & go suburban rush hour traffic and get about 28 mpg. I just took it on its first 200 mile trip up and down the Berkshire Mountains of Ma on a major highway and was more than pleased to see that I got 36 mpg with cruise set @ 72 mph with the 6M. The ride was comfortable and quiet although the narrow, tall stature of this car causes crosswinds to play with it a little bit. Nothing terrible though. I still miss not having a center console. The only annoyance I had was the low pressure tire sensors misbehaving in the extreme cold. No problems though. Still love it!

Favorite Features

A lot for a little, room, smooth/quiet/comfortable for a car of this class, good mileage for a large-little car. Much better than expected highway mileage. Good in snow especially stopping (without abs). Everything else still holds true from my first review. This is a great car!

Suggested Improvements

Large rear passenger corner blind spot because of the large rear pillars (takes getting used to). Still dislike the lack of a center armrest especially on the 6 manual trans. First gear is a bit small and the whole gearing could be moved up a bit. These are just some small annoyances though.