2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
So far so good
By PM in So Cal on 08/17/08 16:40 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased the car in 4/08. We were an all V8 family and have adjusted well to the 1.8L. The car is fun to drive and carts our group of 4-5 around effortlessly, w/the AC on. Power is good, although engine gets a bit "wound up" on heavy acceleration. Engine calms down when you get to freeway speed. Getting 20-28 MPG combined (I have a heavy foot). Interior space is very good, even for those tall people riding in the back. Sport Package dressed up the car nice. Well built and tight. Held up well to an 18 wheeler slamming into the driver's side on the freeway. We are very satisfied thus far. Compared to the other econo-models out there, much more car for the $$. Would recommend.

Retiree and a Versa
By Jim Frederick on 08/16/08 19:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car primarily for my 125 mile round-trip commute to my part-time retirement job. It also serves as our second vehicle so interior space is a real plus. A lot of quality car for a reasonable price. Now have 6,000 miles on it, mostly highway and getting anywhere from 31 to 37 mpg (depending upon speed and a/c use). The only issue so far with the car is a slight pull to the left at highway speeds but dealer is working with me on that. I would really like that fixed. Four speed auto does well overall. I wonder if I would have liked the CVT?

Yes, I'ld rather drive a Buick
By Phil on 08/12/08 20:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Yes, it gets better mileage than my Rendezvous but you give up a lot. No place to put your right arm. Cup holder too few and in wrong place. CVT very noisy. AC needs a lot of redesign help. Have to run fan at setting 3 or 4-much to noisy. Steering wheel position not comfortable. Visor mirror has no lights. On the plus side doors are nice and wide and lots of headroom make getting in and out east for tall person like me. Rear wiper improves vision greatly. Suburban driving getting 28 mpg-great. Interstate trip with cruise on 65 mph only getting 34 mpg. Buick would get 31 to 31 mpg on trip. All in all would've expected better mpg and miss Buick features including ONSTAR.

Still worth the price
By sickegg2000 on 08/05/08 14:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I’ve always like Nissan cars, and this is my 4th Nissan. I have owned 240sx, 2 X 300zx because Nissan to me is safer and better quality for the same bucks…. I have to say for less than 20K, I got a fully loaded Versa Hatchback SL with power roof and somewhat economic, I am satisfied with my purchase. I am just hopping the mileage can be better, but there is always a balance comparing mileage and power. Versa is the fastest in it’s class comparing Toyota Yaris, Scion xD, and Honda FIT, and so it makes sense that it’s not the most economics car within this group. I have test drove all the cars listed above, I personally think Nissan handles the best when it comes to corners and balance.

Bad Quality & Problematic Transmission
By sam on 07/29/08 14:04 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

1. Passenger side door lock broken since purchase, dealer changed. 2. After 2000 miles, hear clicking noises from many places. 3. Suspension broken, dealer changed. 4. Still hear the noises from the base. Dealer said the problem is the heat shield falling down. 5. After 2800 miles hear noise from the transmission. When transmission is cold, I hear a clicking sound once between first and second gear. Only when low speed and cold transmission. 6. Right now the car drives at an average of 21 miles per gallon,half city half highway. 7. Sometimes the driver seat makes a squeaking sound.

Great Car
By JPCauldwell on 07/28/08 10:51 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Lots of room for the kids and gear. Has great acceleration from a stop and rides smooth and easy. After researching comparative models, the interior room and great extras (bluetooth, et. al.) this was the best choice.

Small Car Great Fuel
By Joe on 07/28/08 04:16 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

We have 3,000 miles on our Versa, my wife and I both drive it. I drive back and forth to work and she drives it when she does her weekly shopping. We have a new 2008 gas hog truck that stays parked most of the time. Versa is great to drive and fun with great gas mileage (35 to work for me, and about 31 for wife shopping and yard sales). We are in our late 50s, but this car is still great for us.

Liz's Versa in Tulsa, OK.
By Liz Torres on 07/25/08 21:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

After three months of research, I purchased a Versa S Model in March, 2008. It's been the best car purchase I've ever made. I've getting 28-36 miles per gallon (75% hwy, 25% city). I took it to Kansas City recently and upon arrival, I still had 1/3 tank of gas left. It's comfortable, roomy, drives great, has many safety features & cruise; all the basics I wanted for $14K. This was my budget and anything extra I considered a luxury I didn't really need. After reading negative reviews regarding the Blue Tooth incompatibility problems, I am glad I didn't purchase the SL Model. On the other hand, it would be nice to have the ABS brakes just for extra protection. I'd recommend the Versa S

"A lot for a little"
By Mr.Mag on 07/24/08 22:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Considered a Toyota Yaris first, then a Honda Fit, but both were thousands of dollars more than the Versa. A fantastic buy for the price with AC and CD, radio player. Just like Nissan's TV add says, "A lot for a little".

Could be better
By Could be better on 07/21/08 17:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My biggest complaint is the gas mileage. After 8000+ miles I'm getting 24 city and 30 highway. Nowhere near what it's rated at and I've checked it repeatedly. Knowing that now I'm not sure I would by this car if I had it to do over again. We have two teenage sons and need a big back seat and this car has it. How is it that Nissan can put in Blue Tooth and a Smart key but can't put in a compass/temp read out. Haven't had any problems with the car so far, if it stays that way I'll forget about the gas mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.