Used 2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

not the prettiest peach!
By kasey

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love this car. Straight up. Personally, I think the exterior design leaves a bit to be desired. However, I've put 40k hard-driven city and highway miles on it since purchase (1/08) and it's given me no problems.. Other than a recalled starter issue, which was covered by Nissan. I have the hatchback, and am mindblown by the amount of stuff and people I can comfortably pack into the versa. Nice base stereo, interior design is intuitive and ambient. I have manual trans with the standard 6-speed, Nice for highway driving. A bit squirrely on highways during windy weather and suspension is indeed soft. Standard stereo has trouble reading mp3 cds sometimes. Solid deal for a tough little car.

keyless entry, stereo, rear wiper, massive vast interior space, power windows, 6-speed manual, comfy seats, lots of extras available, reliability,

finer-tuned suspension, a little more pep, a little less ugly.

Where did the oil go
By jan

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I too had the mysterious cluck in the front steering, air conditioning problem. After 5 times in the shop, The factory reps came in and looked at the car,gave me extended war. They said the noise was normal. When I picked up the car, the next day the engine blew at 30,000 miles. They said the car had no oil, but the oil light never came on. Took several weeks with Nissan to get the dealer to fix the car. We only have 5,000 miles left on warr. Don't want the car anymore. No one can tell me where the oil went and why the light never came on.

There is nothing you can do to improve this car. It's horrible.

2008 VERSA
By Sonny31

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2008 Versa Hatchback and this is an awesome ride. it has been a year now owning it and had 50,000 + miles on it. to this day I have only taken it in for minor sunroof issues and had my car stereo replaced 2 times now. Handles great but when the wind comes blowing by, Man does that car pull to the sides. I really don't think its getting 30+ MPG. i would say it's more like 25- 29 MPG's. the sound system in it needs to be a lot better than what it has now. my mother has a dakota and the sound system is Great! If its a sport package and needs a better sound system. Other than that it is a great car to drive and my car for traveling.

Style and Look Roomy Interior Steering Wheel Controls

Better Sound System Goodyear Tires on them at Drive Off

By Joan Blumena

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I was in a car crash in 2007 with another type of vehicle. I was very concerned about replacing my vehicle. I had to have a safe vehicle with airbags and a proven safety record. My Versa met every requirement that I needed and believe me I spent many hours reading reviews and also looking at all types of vehicles. The Versa had everything I needed and was at a great price. The dealership that I bought from was friendly and they were very patient with me, answered all my questions and realized how much safety was important to me. I love my vehicle and have recommended the Versa to others without hesitation.

I like the fold down back seats, it is so easy to get in and out of. You don't feel like you are on the ground.

I wish the front seats had armrests (not really a big deal) the air conditioner could be a little more powerful and lastly there are two bad blind spots in the back after the back windows.

Never going Nissan again
By Pissed in Idaho

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My first car was a 1985 Nissan Maxima and I ran it to death from the years of 2003-2008 when I bought our Versa. Since then we have had the fuel pump replaced THREE TIMES and it keeps failing. We recently had it replaced but notified Nissan of us declaring lemon when the part breaks again, I just hope I get all the money I put into it as we are a few hundred dollars off from paying the entire 16k we paid for it.

Oh I don't know...the trunk I guess.

Just because its the cheapest model they have doesn't mean it should be a piece of junk.