5th Nissan - this could be the best one!
By rick752 on
2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
Own this for 2 months. This car has a great "French" ride similar to an old Renault R-10 I used to own... nice! The 6 speed shifts terrific but the gearing and clutch take a little getting used to. Seats are very comfortable. Controls for major functions are nicely laid out and instrument panel is well lit. This car rides very smooth and quiet for its class, and the price can't be beat for the features. Seating room front & back is MUCH larger than most compact cars. The hatch's 'trunk' is deceivingly large. I love the looks of the car except for the nose... looks like a tiny, Quest van. Gas mileage in mostly stop & go, suburban rush hour traffic is about 28 so far. I really like it :-)
Favorite Features
Extremely quiet & smooth ride. Large versatile interior space & legroom front & back. Large hatchback 'trunk' area. Decent gas mileage vs size & ride comfort. Dashboard lighting & ease of dash controls. Keyless entry w/alarm, tilt, cruise, AC, PW, PL, PM, decent stock CD, side airbags for under $15k
Suggested Improvements
This is the first Nissan that I owned that didn't have a center console armrest. It would be nice to include one at least with the 6 speed. Besides that, this is a great effort by Nissan. If this is anything like my past Nissans, it should hold up well.