2008 Nissan Versa Consumer Review: 2008 Nissan Versa

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Review

2008 Nissan Versa
By bomart on

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove the Yaris, Fit, Focus, and the Scion xD. The Versa was not the best driving car, too much oversteer on turns, felt top heavy, and uneven braking, but I felt it was the best value. My 2002 Focus SE handles much better, and gets about the same 30-34 MPG. The 1.8L CVT has better acceleration than my 2.2L Focus, but is noisy at higher RPMs. What sold me on the Versa was its upscale stock interior styling and the roomy back seat. I found only 2 manufacturing defects, a squeak coming from the dash, and the chrome plating on the front Nissan emblem peeling (dealer replaced). Not bad compared to the many defects I found in my Ford Focus when purchased new.

Roomy backseat, 6 CD stock changer, largest trunk area with seats down in it's class, good insurance rating, standard side air bags, comfortable driving position.

Needs lighted cruise contol buttons, side mirror controls should be higher, with 4 people in car very little trunk room space for luggage, needs stiffer suspension and more precise steering, improve MPG, back window could be a bit larger, improve braking, awkward audio controls.