Used 2008 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Nissan Forever
By Nissan Rich

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We have two other Nissans (and our 1969 AMX). We buy them for the longevity and value. This one is no different, good value for the money, a/c, p/s, p/b, cruise, CD, auto. Not sure if that is the series or extra purchase. Gets about 30 mpg, city/highway combined. Got 35 mpg highway at 85 mph in Colorado, Washington on a trip to see my son. Has had a few hiccups, fuel regulator causes you to turn key three or four times to start while pressure builds, fixed under warranty, tire pressure sensor goes off for right rear tire but so slow a leak dealer cant find it, steering wheel made a scuffing sound when turned lock to lock. Overall very satisfied, 11,000 miles already, fun to drive, good mpg.

Fun car, easy to drive, cruise keeps at set speed, good mpg (especially compared to Blazer!), good sounding base stereo, loaded, good value, should last forever, have 3 Nissan trucks, 1,200,000 miles on those three, not a joke. Hope this lasts like those, 200,000 on current one, its just broke in.

Bit more attention to build quality, cupholders illogically placed, fix the fuel regulators before sold, engine a bit noisy under acceleration, cruise kicks down too far in effort to keep speed up, 2500 rpm to 4300 rpm in an instant, not necessary and will do it if one mile below set speed!

Great commuting car
By Joe

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

100 miles/day and the car is great. Comfortable, but the S needs a center arm rest. Very smooth ride and handles very well. Most interior room of any small car we tested (Yaris, Elantra, Cobalt, Mazda3, Corolla). I'm 6'2" and leg room was very important. This is a great buy for your money. 32 MPG when I drive reasonably, 29 MPG when I keep up with Chicago traffic at 80 MPH.

MPG, interior room, door arm rests are very comfy. Interior design is quite functional.

Center arm rest standard for all models. ABS standard.

GOOD SUBCOMPACT OVERALL
By TD

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Good gas mileage, 26 city, 33 hwy. Wanted a manual but not available on sl sedan so I decided to try the CVT and I like it. Performance is excellent with this trans. Unfortunately it is my understanding that you cannot get the CVT in the SL sedan any longer, it is only available in the hatchback. The only available trans on the SL sedan is the 4 Speed auto, as such gas mileage will suffer. The Versa has ABS and 6 airbags. The bluetooth works great and the radio with XM and 6 cd offers great listening flexibility.

CVT, bluetooth, intelli-key, height adjustment on driver's seat, XM satellite radio and 6cd in dash. Very roomy cabin that belies small exterior. Steering wheel controls for radio. Roomy trunk.

Power outlet that works without ignition being on. CVT and 6 speed manual should be available on SL sedan. Remote trunk release in cabin. Larger tire and wheel option.

Great Value for the $$
By Paulie in Baltimore

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased to replace a Land Rover on my 100 mile daily commute.I haven't had a car this small since I learned to drive way back in the day. She's not sexy, but that's the only discouraging word. I average 33 mpg consistently & change the oil every 5K with synthetic. This car's exceeded all my expectations. I was simply looking for a fuel saver aka $$ saver & I got a lot more!! Best value on the market for this type of vehicle IMHO.

Smart key, built in bluetooth headset, great stereo, steering wheel mounted controls, aux port for iPod, decently responsive although I don't drive like Mario Andretti. Excellent trunk space. Golf clubs fit perfectly along with bags for a long weekend.

day time running lights

My right arm
By edjl

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My wife and I were heading towards a Yaris, but by the time we had all the features picked out, the price was to high for our budget. We looked at the Versa and got a lot more car with the needed features. I use this little car for work, and kept my truck for the big stuff like hauling trash and getting gravel. I am disappointed with the highway mpg and steering wheel. Plus, no right arm rest! I hope Nissan has one for 2009, and some form of a retro-fit for my 2008.

Roomy interior, and big trunk space. Love the steering wheel cruise control.

Better gas mileage, more front leg room, a right arm rest, and more steering wheel comfort.