2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Good Little Car
By MobStar on 04/07/08 21:25 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I did my research before I bought it, and haven't ever regretted the decision. Driving mostly city (Southern California traffic), I can pull almost 34 mpg. The interior is really nice, doesn't look cheap at all. Comfortable to drive, definitely not quick, but it's a good commuter and daily driver. With the back seats folded down there is more than enough room to stow anything you need to - except maybe furniture, unless it's from Ikea :)

3 months 6000 Miles
By Bekah on 04/07/08 13:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The Versa is a comfortable ride, it averages at about 30.5 MPG mixed city and highway. I have had it for three months, and just about two weeks ago the engine doesn't start every time I turn the key. This is a bit frustrating since I just bought the car in January. It doesn't handle extremely well and it blows around in the wind a bit. It is extremely roomy, and has a good sound system, and is a nice cruising vehicle. Overall (if this engine starting problem gets straightened out) I love the Versa, it is the first new car I have bought, and the second car I have owned. It is cute, easy to drive, and pretty fuel efficient.

Glad I did it.
By Roni on 04/03/08 10:14 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I recently decided to give up my SUV of 8 years, and try something different. I am glad I did. I drove over 300 mi. to pick up my new Versa and it was worth every minute. It's sporty and classy and just an all around great deal. I am lucky enough to have some nice added features such as the power package, and rear spoiler, and I just tinted the windows yesterday. And it really looks sharp! If you're shopping for an economy car that if veritile, and sporty, this is it!

Nice Car Poor Mileage
By Mike Mikesell on 03/29/08 19:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have 13,000 miles on this car. The average MPG is 29.71 for all miles driven. The average for level freeway with cruise control and observing the posted limit is 27.22 MPG. The only reason I get 29.71 MPG is because I drive some hills on my normal commute and I coast whenever possible. I also coast to stops in neutral to maximize fuel economy. My other car a 2000 Saturn SW2 which has a 1.9L DOHC engine gets 34 MPG average since it was new 314000 miles ago. The Versa has been to the dealer 3 times; twice for minor issues and today for a CV boot replacement (clamp missing from original boot). The cruise control has an annoying habit of speeding up and slowing down when going down hill.

A GREAT CAR!!!
By FRILL LESS on 03/23/08 15:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Went to the Nissan dealership and asked for their lowest priced car. What I got was a no-frills 6-speed manual Versa. I had to drive it back from the dealership's other site about 30 miles away. A great test drive and I didn't expect to love it as much as I did. I've only had it for a few days now and have to concur with all the other reviews. It's a great car.

Superb little car
By Rosalind on 03/23/08 11:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When I first saw this car, I loved the way it looked. After purchasing the car, I love the size of it, how I fit in small spaces, and the way it revs up when you put your foot on the accelerator. It looks smaller outside than it is inside. Also I have a brother in law who is at least 6'4", and he had plenty of room in the back seat. I am a woman of 5'9", and I am so comfortable.

My Versa
By Ursula on 03/17/08 18:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car is just OK, but not comfortable at all. Very small trunk, can't fit a small suitcase. Very hard to take anything out of the trunk. Heating does not work well.

Great Value
By Bob on 03/16/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have 3 teenage drivers and this car is perfect for them, and me too. I also like the fact that it is a humble car. No flash, no fuss. Those of us who bought them know we would have spent a lot more on the Corolla, Civic, Fit, etc and had a lot less interior room.

Pay for Economy - Get First Class
By LP on 03/07/08 11:30 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The Versa is an economy car in first class cladding. The Versa has more than other cars in its class - larger tires (15"), larger interior space (feels bigger than it is) and good gas mileage. Some say the car is breezy, I don't find it breezy at all. I drive 90 miles each way on my once-a- week commute and find the car solid and comfortable on the interstate. The seats are large and solid and nicely upholstered. Interior looks expensive like a Maxima, way better than our Echo's plasto box interior. Exterior has that funky European styling that we just don't get over here in North America. Engine is capable - a bit buzzy but with the CVT it settles down once up to speed.

New car review
By asdaigle on 02/25/08 12:49 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the car a week now and have put 1200 miles on it. It's getting between 30 to 32 mpg with a regular auto trans. I think it will get more when I do my first oil change and switch to Mobil 1 synthetic. The car is quite roomy on the inside and more comfortable than a 2007 Corolla, which I had looked at and rented thru a car rental agency.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.