2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Versa rides bigger than it looks
By Marty on 01/02/08 09:13 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the seats are and the roominess of my Versa, as well as how well it rides and responds to my foot. The car rides and responds like a much bigger car. They could have placed the side mirror controls in a better location so that you do not have to bend and reach to make adjustments. Other than that, my wife and I really enjoy driving this car.

Best Car for the $$$
By Kim on 12/17/07 08:53 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

After owning my fair share of Honda Civics, I decided it was time for a change. I wanted something that was good on gas and comfortable at a price that wouldn't break the bank. I test drove a Mazda3, Ford Focus & Hyundai Elantra before settling on the Versa. I'm 100% satisfied with my decision. While an "economy" car, the Versa SL doesn't lack in quality. The quality of the interior fabric is superb. It's easy to clean & durable. All controls are placed logically & are easily accessible. The CVT is smooth and quiet. Love it!

Nissan with a lot of electrical problems!
By rizeabove on 12/15/07 23:05 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

TPMS replaced new computer for sensors. Hit door locks and occasionally the stereo cuts off. Alarm system when locking used to beep horn and flash lights now just locks (checked all fuses and replaced, no fix). Gas door jammed and bent from wind rushing behind it now I have to use a credit card to open sometimes! I have 25000 miles on car. It is a 6 speed and occasionally on steep grades inclines or descending the car will make rattling noises and Ill feel slight vibration in clutch. Dealer can't reproduce the problem!

5th Nissan - this could be the best one!
By rick752 on 12/10/07 17:08 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Own this for 2 months. This car has a great "French" ride similar to an old Renault R-10 I used to own... nice! The 6 speed shifts terrific but the gearing and clutch take a little getting used to. Seats are very comfortable. Controls for major functions are nicely laid out and instrument panel is well lit. This car rides very smooth and quiet for its class, and the price can't be beat for the features. Seating room front & back is MUCH larger than most compact cars. The hatch's 'trunk' is deceivingly large. I love the looks of the car except for the nose... looks like a tiny, Quest van. Gas mileage in mostly stop & go, suburban rush hour traffic is about 28 so far. I really like it :-)

Good buy for the money
By John on 12/08/07 12:31 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Having purchased the Versa three weeks ago, I have to say I am impressed. Having to commute 72 mi a day, I am getting 30 miles to the gallon. My vehicle now has 800 miles on it. Having a manual, and owning three prior autos with manual transmission including Toyota Corolla, I have to say that for the price, the Versa is well worth it. The only drawback which I am getting used to is in regards to shifting. There is very little room for error in shifting from second to third as well as from fifth to fourth gear. There is plenty of headroom in the drivers seat as well as plenty of room in the rear. If you're looking for a reduced priced subcompact. I would recommend the Versa over the Corolla.

Best in class
By emmale on 11/28/07 09:10 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I drove every econo box before I made a decision - Fit, Spectra, Aveo, xA, Corolla, Civic... none came close in interior comfort. Only those from Toyota and Honda drove as nice. That said, the automatic is a little clunky (I should have gotten the stick or the CV tranny!) Gas mileage is very disappointing, I drive all highway miles and struggle to get 28 mpgs.

Feedback
By Aubrey on 11/25/07 14:37 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Have owned my 2008 hatchback for almost 2 months. Drives great and lots of room. I trust Nissan and know they make excellent cars. So far there are 3 undesirable issues. One is that the wheels have very cheap hub caps. One of mine came flying off while I was driving. It's a piece of junk these covers! Also the cup holders are in a horrible location. I had to install a cup tray (from a conversion van) on the dash in the middle. And finally do not buy this car without the power option. A huge mistake. Power locks should be standard but they are not. You will regret it w/o the power package.

Cool Quirky Looking Car
By Tom Spada on 11/05/07 19:24 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Except for its somewhat unattractive front end styling, it disappears when you get yourself behind the driver's seat. Yup, it's no pocket rocket, but the CVT gets it up to speed sooner than you can tell "Bluetooth" which number you wish to dial. The ride is smooth with good road feedback. Quieter than other more expensive vehicles. I've had my share of Porsches, Corvettes, and everything in between. Nissan has put some serious thought into the making of this vehicle, and what it has to offer. The Versa proves that an inexpensive car doesn't have to be made cheaply. With ridiculous gas prices these days, I'd buy it again.

Fun to drive
By sis levesque on 10/28/07 08:03 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Love the gas mileage. Plenty of room interior. Fun car.

Love my Versa!!
By Versa SL on 10/27/07 21:46 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I love my new Versa SL. For a city car, it is perfect. Fuel efficient, small and comfortable x 100. I appreciate that the cloth seats actually look really nice. I am really pleased with my purchase and feel that compared to other cars in its class/price range, I did really well!! I also test drove Fit and Rabbit. The Versa totally felt better than those. btw, had to rate reliablity for the site but i have no idea, will take time. Expect a lot as my previous Nissan experiences were very positive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.