Used 2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

I got what I wanted
By Carl

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I wanted a vehicle comparable to my 2004 Pontiac Vibe which has 110,000 miles and has been perfectly reliable. I also wanted a vehicle that is smoother and quieter than the Vibe, which I still love despite noisy and expensive tires. The Versa fills the bill, is a little more maneuverable and takes less effort to drive. Visibility is a little better too. Fuel economy is comparable, Versa being better in the city and the Vibe slightly better on the highway. For me the Versa is plenty quick (like the Vibe). I like the quiet, the Blue Tooth, the jack in the ratio that lets me use my $30 XM radio.

Ease of driving, performance, quiet for a small car (low road and wind noise), radio, keyless entry and ride. Seating is very roomy.

Auto on headlights, and AC outlet like the Vibe.

Versa SL Hatchback
By petrolhead85

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Mine is an SL with the tech and sport packages (i.e., every option available) So far I am very impressed with my Versa. I cross-shopped this car with the Fit, Rondo, Yaris, VW City Golf (Canada-only model) and even the Mazda 3. in the end it was between this and the Fit. I chose the Versa because it had a better interior and was better value for money. So far (~4000 miles) nothing has gone wrong and there hasn't even been the customary "mysterious new car dash squeak." It feels like I'm driving a high quality product and not an econobox. The CVT takes a bit of getting used to, but it really suits this engine and doesn't feel bogged down like the 4 spd auto in my '04 Sentra.

Excellent quality interior for this class, even better than some more expensive cars. The 280 watt 7-speaker stereo sounds as good as my surround sound at home. Very easy to pull into tight parking spots. Ride quality is very good. Overall value for money compared to the competition.

An SE-R type version is needed. The standard suspension is a bit too soft for fun cornering. The CVT could use a manual mode and it tends to hesitate at very low speed when I touch the accelerator.

Love love love my Versa
By stlrfan17

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had my Versa since July and I love it! I added a few extras (tinted windows/window visors/moonroof) to make it less geeky. I'm very happy with the fuel economy - went from owning a SUV that got 12-15 mpg to my Versa averaging 30 mpg (city driving mostly). The interior is surprisingly big - we have 2 boys and they have plenty of room in the back! The cargo space is adequate as well. It's fun to drive and easy to park in tight spots. I mostly do city/town driving but have taken my Versa on long trips as well and am very happy with the comfort and the 34 mpg I got! For a car that was well under $20,000 for all the great features, it was well worth the $$.

Bluetooth and MP3 playback!

When you have the back seat folded down it is not level to trunk area - so it's odd shaped when trying to load big boxes and stuff (but really not a big deal). Have the telephone number calling in to be displayed on radio display (and when using the MP3 playback - show what is playing).

My Versa is nice, but...
By Ray

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

My Versa is nice but, the horsepower is really low. I think I notice it more at take off. The gas mileage is great. When gas is 2.069 per gallon it only cost twenty dollars to fill up. I do wish they would add two more gallons to the tank. The radio is nice but if you want loud its not gonna happen. The design is what sold me, the overall look is great.

The gas mileage and the design and the 15 inch wheels nice!!!

Add some get up and go to this car. Add two gallons to the gas tank. I would love to see this car get 40 mpg and it should for its size.

Like the vehicle, but having problems
By hjb0028

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Nissan!! This car drives great and has SO much head and foot room!! It has plenty of cup holders and gets great gas mileage. I also love how sleek it looks on the outside!!! I have had some problems with it however. My starter is going out for the 2nd time, I have had to have my fuel pump changed already, and I am always having hubcaps fall offÂ… about 7 so far. Thank goodness for my warranty!! Other than that though I love my car. It is so relaxing and comfortable to drive. The trunk has plenty of room also. My dealership has been the best I have ever had. They have been extremely friendly and has work well with me.

Head room, leg room, gas mileage (especially), comfortable, outside looks great, all the window room

Hubcaps