2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
A GREAT CAR!!!
By FRILL LESS on 03/23/08 15:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Went to the Nissan dealership and asked for their lowest priced car. What I got was a no-frills 6-speed manual Versa. I had to drive it back from the dealership's other site about 30 miles away. A great test drive and I didn't expect to love it as much as I did. I've only had it for a few days now and have to concur with all the other reviews. It's a great car.

My Versa
By Ursula on 03/17/08 18:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car is just OK, but not comfortable at all. Very small trunk, can't fit a small suitcase. Very hard to take anything out of the trunk. Heating does not work well.

New car review
By asdaigle on 02/25/08 12:49 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've had the car a week now and have put 1200 miles on it. It's getting between 30 to 32 mpg with a regular auto trans. I think it will get more when I do my first oil change and switch to Mobil 1 synthetic. The car is quite roomy on the inside and more comfortable than a 2007 Corolla, which I had looked at and rented thru a car rental agency.

Wife thinks it's 'cute'!
By Brian on 02/20/08 11:40 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Good around town runabout. Performance is good for this class of car. The 4 speed auto is to be desired. Lots of foot well space for my size 13s to shift a manual (if I had gotten it). The wife cannot drive stick so auto it is! Not much room for groceries but it does the job for a younger couple starting out. Over 4000rpm the engine gets obnoxious but cruises great in top gear at 2450rpm @60mph. Very quiet inside, not much wind noise etc. It's a bit sloppy on the road in high winds, but descent in the snow. Why is there no temperature gauge?? Come on Nissan! Alternator and most major parts are easily replaceable under the hood for those who plan to own for a long time!

Great Car
By wsnyderco on 02/11/08 21:28 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Haven't had my Versa for very long, but I have not complaints so far. It handles well, fuel economy is great, and its a very good looking car. My car is a 2008 Nissan Versa S hatchback 6 speed manual. The price and look brought me to this car and I am happy I found it.

OK, A Little Disappointed
By Ryan on 02/08/08 10:26 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

After copious research I narrowed it down to Honda Fit or Versa, better dealer financing swung it in favor of the Versa. After a month, though, I'm a little hesitant to recommend this little hatchback. Gas mileage has been OK, but not great we've got 21s to 29 depending on how much highway driving we do (this is the CVT model). Driving comfort is the big problem, lumbar support is non-existent, seats are short and no support under thighs. Steering wheel is too far away if you're not ridiculously short. Ride is OK but blows around like a leaf in the wind and doesn't feel well connected to the road (easily drifts). That said, it turned out to be excellent in snow, easy to control and stop.

2008 Nissan Versa
By bomart on 02/05/08 07:30 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I test drove the Yaris, Fit, Focus, and the Scion xD. The Versa was not the best driving car, too much oversteer on turns, felt top heavy, and uneven braking, but I felt it was the best value. My 2002 Focus SE handles much better, and gets about the same 30-34 MPG. The 1.8L CVT has better acceleration than my 2.2L Focus, but is noisy at higher RPMs. What sold me on the Versa was its upscale stock interior styling and the roomy back seat. I found only 2 manufacturing defects, a squeak coming from the dash, and the chrome plating on the front Nissan emblem peeling (dealer replaced). Not bad compared to the many defects I found in my Ford Focus when purchased new.

Happy new Owner
By Krystal on 02/02/08 20:47 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I am replacing a 2002 Nissan Sentra (which I LOVED) and after test driving several competitors I came back to Nissan. I also drove the mid-level Sentra and the Versa has a much better interior layout. LOVE my bluetooth phone and intelligent key. As a small business owner, this feature is a lifesaver and worth every cent! The ABS upgrade has also paid for itself with a $300 per six months savings on my car insurance over the old Sentra. Car is peppy and ROOMY.. almost like the fabled Tardis.. way bigger inside than it looks! I plan to drive this car for 10 years and think it will be a happy love affair.

Happy Driving
By TTR on 01/12/08 22:32 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Only had my 6M hatchback for a month but have already put over 3,000 miles on it, went to N. Arizona for Christmas - $83 one way! Handled very well on the snow and ice, very impressed with the quietness, in fact just yesterday a passenger in my car didn't believe the engine was still running 'til I pulled away!! Half a tank of gas will see me over 200 miles (driv to work is 30 miles highway 15 miles city). Fun to drive, responsive and spacious, after driving a V8 truck for years didn't expect to like it that much outstanding value for money!

Love it!!
By DianeanWalt on 01/10/08 14:30 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We love our new Nissan. We're getting 38 miles to the gallon. On our 07 we got 40 mpg and we haven't even broken this one in yet. What a differance color really does make. The 07 was black, didn't have all the amenities that my husband wanted, so we traded it in for an 08. This one is white, just what he wanted with the sunroof, xm radio, and all the additional pkgs. you can get. Life is too short, might as well get what he really wants. For a big-little car, for running around, it the greatest we found it so comfortable, we use it for road trips too.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.