Used 2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Nissan Forever
By Nissan Rich

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We have two other Nissans (and our 1969 AMX). We buy them for the longevity and value. This one is no different, good value for the money, a/c, p/s, p/b, cruise, CD, auto. Not sure if that is the series or extra purchase. Gets about 30 mpg, city/highway combined. Got 35 mpg highway at 85 mph in Colorado, Washington on a trip to see my son. Has had a few hiccups, fuel regulator causes you to turn key three or four times to start while pressure builds, fixed under warranty, tire pressure sensor goes off for right rear tire but so slow a leak dealer cant find it, steering wheel made a scuffing sound when turned lock to lock. Overall very satisfied, 11,000 miles already, fun to drive, good mpg.

Favorite Features

Fun car, easy to drive, cruise keeps at set speed, good mpg (especially compared to Blazer!), good sounding base stereo, loaded, good value, should last forever, have 3 Nissan trucks, 1,200,000 miles on those three, not a joke. Hope this lasts like those, 200,000 on current one, its just broke in.

Suggested Improvements

Bit more attention to build quality, cupholders illogically placed, fix the fuel regulators before sold, engine a bit noisy under acceleration, cruise kicks down too far in effort to keep speed up, 2500 rpm to 4300 rpm in an instant, not necessary and will do it if one mile below set speed!

Great commuting car
By Joe

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

100 miles/day and the car is great. Comfortable, but the S needs a center arm rest. Very smooth ride and handles very well. Most interior room of any small car we tested (Yaris, Elantra, Cobalt, Mazda3, Corolla). I'm 6'2" and leg room was very important. This is a great buy for your money. 32 MPG when I drive reasonably, 29 MPG when I keep up with Chicago traffic at 80 MPH.

Favorite Features

MPG, interior room, door arm rests are very comfy. Interior design is quite functional.

Suggested Improvements

Center arm rest standard for all models. ABS standard.

My first import...
By SubVet

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I traded a 1998 Buick Century with well over 100,000 miles for this new Versa, and to date, am very happy I purchased it. My Buick was like a member of the family. For ten years, I got in each morning, turned the key, and she started. Never a problem. So far, my new Nissan is proving to be a worthy replacement. I average 35 MPG with a 6- speed transmission and the car is very comfortable. For the price ($10,000 + my trade), I cannot complain. The car even included power everything, ABS, keyless entry, cruise control and splash guards.

Favorite Features

It's fun to drive and I never have to leave anything at home. Lots of room!

I Recommend This Car
By R.. Santiago

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

When the lease was up on our Volvo XC90, we started to search for a replacement vehicle with at least similar interior comfort, including wide seats and leg room, plus a smooth and quiet ride. Surprisingly, we found it in our 2008 Nissan Versa S. Sometimes I forget that I am not driving the Volvo XC90 anymore. Mileage wise I get from 25 to 29 mpg.

Favorite Features

Get the blue tooth phone link and the car becomes conveniently your mobile phone. Also keyless entry and starter is nice. May seem unimportant to you, but the fuel tank cap opening is on the passenger side, just like in the Volvo, means shorter lines at the gas pumps (observe highway fuel stops).

Suggested Improvements

The only drawback is the non-lockable glove compartment, which I wish Nissan would redesign with a lock.

Won't buy a nissan again.
By Disappointed

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

In the period of time I have had this car it has broken more times than the entire life of my 91 CRX. This car was purchased to be a daily driver as the CRX is modified and I was attempting to keep low miles on it. However, I've found myself having to drive the CRX more because this car breaks quite frequently. So far in the less than 12 month of owning it the fuel pump has been replace 2x, the starter has been replaced 1x and still won't turn over reliably, the tranny has been rebuild 1x, the a/c blower has been replaced 1x, the cd unit has been replaced 1x, and I'm sure I've forgotten a few. I will never buy a Nissan car ever again, and will trade in for a Fit soon.

Favorite Features

I initially liked the space, being that my fiance is 6'5" and cannot fit in to my crx even near comfortably.

Suggested Improvements

Nissan needs to really review the quality of products they are releasing. Had I known what I had experienced was to be potentially expected I would've sucked up the few thousand more and bought the Honda Fit.