Used 2008 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Loved it's!
By Rod

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Basic car - had a stick shift and sun roof - made it fun.

Love this roomy little car, but...
By Jim Beeman

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Great interior room. Amazing leg room. Incredible trunk capacity. But, had to replace CD player twice and the second replacement has gone out. Really annoying that the tire pressure sensing valves have a battery that dies and then the entire $200 sensor must be replaced times four!! As a result we just ignore the bright yellow tire pressure warning light on the dash. Have loved this car for over 8 years. Bought another one!

Love it! A few problems, but it's great for the money!
By andresama3

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've got over 105,000 miles and I've never had the alignment problems people keep mentioning. I did however have the muffler problem at about 95000 miles which is longer than most people got hah. The manual recommends a spark plug change at 105k but I started to notice it needed changing around 90k. I've never had it stop or lockup in traffic and I actually get BETTER gas mileage than what's posted. 24 city/30 hwy 27 hybrid was what the dealership sold it as; I usually get about 30-35 hybrid driving. But I do my best to drive it right though, make sure my tires are inflated and do maintenance on time.

I got it new in 2008 and drive it A LOT!

The gas mileage and the trunk/interior space. I didn't have kids when I bought it but I do now and I didn't think for a second I'd be needing a bigger car because this one is perfect for the whole family.

Well... The muffler issue since just about everyone seems to have that at some point.

The worst car ever...
By ramo1

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The build quality of this car is really poor, the lens of the transmission console fell off (?), the front driver side splash guard came off on the road, the decorative cover of the driver side door lock came off for no reason, and the entire exterior door
handle itself came fell off a few months later. These are items that hardly ever break down on any car. I addition I had to replace oxygen sensors at just 50 K miles, and exhaust pipe at just 56 K miles. After being a loyal Nissan customer (I owned Stanza, Quest, and Sentra in the past) I will never buy a Nissan again. I wonder what happened to the Nissan quality...it is not there anymore.

None

Carry out an entire review of assembly line procedures, improve workmanship quality

Very pleased with the cost-benefit
By jefffleming61

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this as a "first car" for my daughter in 2008.
Honestly, either my wife or I would like to drive it full time!
We took a family of 4 on a weeklong beach trip (10 hours one way drive).
It was amazingly comfortable and zippy even with 4 adult passengers.
My wife calls it the 'zip zap'. The CVT makes it accelerate like a golf cart (on steroids).
Just puss the gas pedal and off it goes as fast or as slow as you want.
No herky jerky gear changes.
As a teenager, my daughter just puts gas in it and goes.
We haven't been back to the shop for any reason other than normal maintenance.
I'm very, very happy with this vehicle.

The continuously variable transmission (CVT), the roominess, the audo/cruise controls on the steering wheel.

I like the overall look of the vehicle, esecially from the side or back. I don't much care for the front view. It doesn't look like it belongs in the Nissan family. The carpet and upholstery is very durable, but it shows (and holds) dirt easily.