Used 2008 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Love it! A few problems, but it's great for the money!
By andresama3

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've got over 105,000 miles and I've never had the alignment problems people keep mentioning. I did however have the muffler problem at about 95000 miles which is longer than most people got hah. The manual recommends a spark plug change at 105k but I started to notice it needed changing around 90k. I've never had it stop or lockup in traffic and I actually get BETTER gas mileage than what's posted. 24 city/30 hwy 27 hybrid was what the dealership sold it as; I usually get about 30-35 hybrid driving. But I do my best to drive it right though, make sure my tires are inflated and do maintenance on time. I got it new in 2008 and drive it A LOT!

The gas mileage and the trunk/interior space. I didn't have kids when I bought it but I do now and I didn't think for a second I'd be needing a bigger car because this one is perfect for the whole family.

Well... The muffler issue since just about everyone seems to have that at some point.

The worst car ever...
By ramo1

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The build quality of this car is really poor, the lens of the transmission console fell off (?), the front driver side splash guard came off on the road, the decorative cover of the driver side door lock came off for no reason, and the entire exterior door handle itself came fell off a few months later. These are items that hardly ever break down on any car. I addition I had to replace oxygen sensors at just 50 K miles, and exhaust pipe at just 56 K miles. After being a loyal Nissan customer (I owned Stanza, Quest, and Sentra in the past) I will never buy a Nissan again. I wonder what happened to the Nissan quality...it is not there anymore.

None

Carry out an entire review of assembly line procedures, improve workmanship quality

Very pleased with the cost-benefit
By jefffleming61

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this as a "first car" for my daughter in 2008. Honestly, either my wife or I would like to drive it full time! We took a family of 4 on a weeklong beach trip (10 hours one way drive). It was amazingly comfortable and zippy even with 4 adult passengers. My wife calls it the 'zip zap'. The CVT makes it accelerate like a golf cart (on steroids). Just puss the gas pedal and off it goes as fast or as slow as you want. No herky jerky gear changes. As a teenager, my daughter just puts gas in it and goes. We haven't been back to the shop for any reason other than normal maintenance. I'm very, very happy with this vehicle.

The continuously variable transmission (CVT), the roominess, the audo/cruise controls on the steering wheel.

I like the overall look of the vehicle, esecially from the side or back. I don't much care for the front view. It doesn't look like it belongs in the Nissan family. The carpet and upholstery is very durable, but it shows (and holds) dirt easily.

Review after 69,000 miles
By me124

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have wrote a review 2 years ago on this Versa and was please then and must say I am still.I bought my Versa in March of 2008 and brand in and the only problem I had in 67,000 miles was the tires worn out at 28,000 miles.I changed the oil every 4000 miles and the car ran like a champ all the time.I live in Denver Colorado and go to the mountains all the time and the Versa had no problems going up the Mountains at 7000 to 10,000 ft.I was very pleased with every thing about this car but the gas mileage it got 23 or 25 in the city and did better on the hwy around 30mpg.Today is 11/24/2011 and I went and sold the Versa and got $8000 for it with 67,000 miles and payed new $13,900.

Cost of owner ship and it didnt break down one time in 4 years!

Put better tires on it when you own it.It will make a BIG difference.The tires from the factory are NOT GOOD AT ALL.

Just needed a car at the time!
By bcrichman

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My last 2 cars were BMW's and the last 2 years were rough for me financially. I had spent over 7k i car repairs on my BMW Z3. Overheating problems caused me to blow 2 headgaskets within a 6 month span. I was no longer making 6 figures and needed a recent model car with reliability for around 10k. The 2008 Versa was my best option. More room than Sentra even though it's a subcompact. Very comfortable, 1.8 engine has alot of pep and the car does not feel cheap. it feels well built. I bought it with 55k miles and it rides and handles like a new car. Very reliable, had it for over a year and it drives very well. Tons of cargo room in the trunk. The back seats have room like a full size car!

Tons of space!, CD player sounds really good. It's a tall car. Very high head room. Alot taller than even the honda accord side by side. It feels like you are in a big car inside. Seats are really comfortable. Cost me between $25-$30 to fill up. Depending on gas prices.

Needs an armrest. Dashboard is a bit boring. I bought an aftermarket armrest for $45 and added woodgrain for $100 from ebay. Bigger gas tank.