2008 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Love it! A few problems, but it's great for the money!
By andresama3 on 05/26/13 19:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I've got over 105,000 miles and I've never had the alignment problems people keep mentioning. I did however have the muffler problem at about 95000 miles which is longer than most people got hah. The manual recommends a spark plug change at 105k but I started to notice it needed changing around 90k. I've never had it stop or lockup in traffic and I actually get BETTER gas mileage than what's posted. 24 city/30 hwy 27 hybrid was what the dealership sold it as; I usually get about 30-35 hybrid driving. But I do my best to drive it right though, make sure my tires are inflated and do maintenance on time. I got it new in 2008 and drive it A LOT!

The worst car ever...
By ramo1 on 12/25/11 16:26 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The build quality of this car is really poor, the lens of the transmission console fell off (?), the front driver side splash guard came off on the road, the decorative cover of the driver side door lock came off for no reason, and the entire exterior door handle itself came fell off a few months later. These are items that hardly ever break down on any car. I addition I had to replace oxygen sensors at just 50 K miles, and exhaust pipe at just 56 K miles. After being a loyal Nissan customer (I owned Stanza, Quest, and Sentra in the past) I will never buy a Nissan again. I wonder what happened to the Nissan quality...it is not there anymore.

Very pleased with the cost-benefit
By jefffleming61 on 11/29/11 03:11 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this as a "first car" for my daughter in 2008. Honestly, either my wife or I would like to drive it full time! We took a family of 4 on a weeklong beach trip (10 hours one way drive). It was amazingly comfortable and zippy even with 4 adult passengers. My wife calls it the 'zip zap'. The CVT makes it accelerate like a golf cart (on steroids). Just puss the gas pedal and off it goes as fast or as slow as you want. No herky jerky gear changes. As a teenager, my daughter just puts gas in it and goes. We haven't been back to the shop for any reason other than normal maintenance. I'm very, very happy with this vehicle.

Review after 69,000 miles
By me124 on 11/25/11 22:57 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have wrote a review 2 years ago on this Versa and was please then and must say I am still.I bought my Versa in March of 2008 and brand in and the only problem I had in 67,000 miles was the tires worn out at 28,000 miles.I changed the oil every 4000 miles and the car ran like a champ all the time.I live in Denver Colorado and go to the mountains all the time and the Versa had no problems going up the Mountains at 7000 to 10,000 ft.I was very pleased with every thing about this car but the gas mileage it got 23 or 25 in the city and did better on the hwy around 30mpg.Today is 11/24/2011 and I went and sold the Versa and got $8000 for it with 67,000 miles and payed new $13,900.

Just needed a car at the time!
By bcrichman on 02/02/11 08:27 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My last 2 cars were BMW's and the last 2 years were rough for me financially. I had spent over 7k i car repairs on my BMW Z3. Overheating problems caused me to blow 2 headgaskets within a 6 month span. I was no longer making 6 figures and needed a recent model car with reliability for around 10k. The 2008 Versa was my best option. More room than Sentra even though it's a subcompact. Very comfortable, 1.8 engine has alot of pep and the car does not feel cheap. it feels well built. I bought it with 55k miles and it rides and handles like a new car. Very reliable, had it for over a year and it drives very well. Tons of cargo room in the trunk. The back seats have room like a full size car!

My 1st Car=Amazing 2nd review(3 years)
By andymb on 01/03/11 23:28 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I wrote a review that I previously posted. Having had my car for about 3 years, with about 52,500 miles driven in the pot-hole, brake-fast city of NY to long distance road-trips to the suburbs and countryness of FL back & forth I can say this car is a trooper! Average gas mileage as advertised. Low maintenance, cause I take good care of my car. The only thing I would complain about is the aerodynamics, but other than that, all is still well! :)

versa
By versucks on 07/06/10 21:14 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought my versa new and actually liked my versa for the first 20,000 miles. Then my CD player stopped working, and was replaced, but now at 2 yrs the a/c compressor is fried, but no longer under warranty. I bought this car to save $ on repairs. I had a great car for 16 years until it became costly, so this is shocking to have to shell out nearly 2 grand for a car that's practically new.

Major flaw
By hogheavenfarm on 06/09/10 07:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Gas mileage 33 as advertised, tank is small though, requiring frequent refills. Defroster barely adequate in cold weather, road noise a big problem with windows down. Biggest problem is that is gets blown around the road in the wind. Anything over 35 mph and you need two hands on the wheel, especially when a truck passes. Won't buy this car again, and road tests should include wind tests for this problem.

My 1st Car = AMAZING
By andyMB on 05/16/10 15:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I love how the car is smooth for the most part. Slower acceleration than some cars, then again it isn't a sports car nor is the road a race track! It keeps up with fast highway traffic -140 max and on the one way roads it is small enough to squeeze on the side when passing other cars as opposed to most cars. Engine can be a bit noisy at times, but it is def. not loud when driving at high speeds like a lot of other cars, including luxury cars, like those buzzing sounds. In all fairness to this car, which I read a lot of minor or just plain stupid comments about, the car is an amazing one for the price, performance, and overall quality! (*It also depends on the driver and how s/he drives & car).

Perfect for 47,000 then problems
By byers on 05/11/10 09:02 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Car really performs great in the hills. Fun to drive and good ride for a compact. Gas mileage in hot weather is 34 mpg. No problems at all until 45,000 miles, then the fuel pressure regulator started leaking and resulted in hard starting. Now at 48,000 miles the ABS warning light is on and I have been told the repair could be over $2,000. The ABS option was only a fraction of that. Makes you wonder what may come next. Drove my last 2 LeSabres and Silverado for a total of 275,000miles with no failures.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.