2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Once it starts, it's great...
By Sandy M. on 08/15/09 12:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Everything is great on the vehicle, except the starting problems... has difficulty starting, it takes 2 cranks sometimes (not only in winter, but in all seasons). It has been in the dealership 5 times in the first 12 months I bought it. Nissan Corporation refuses to buy back the vehicle, because the dealership I bought it from keeps on replacing different parts (the dealership also don't report this to CARFAX either (bad dealership)). I am now going to take it to a different Nissan dealership and see what their mechanic says. Nissan has made me miss 5 days of work - not good! I have a manual and I am lucky if I get 27 mpg in the city, I don't drive it hard.

I Love My Car!
By ebolhafner on 06/22/08 15:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I test drove a Scion xD and a Honda Fit before this one, and I fell in love immediately with the Versa. It's amazingly roomy, drives very smoothly at highway speeds (compared to other cars in it's class) and is cute but not too cute like the Fit and Yaris are. I get good gas mileage, about 34 mpg with 60% highway 40% city driving. The model I bought has neat extras like audio and cruise controls on the steering wheel, armrest, etc. My fiancee loves how roomy it is, and I can fit both our bikes in the back easily. I think this is an underrated little car and a GREAT value!

2008 Nissan Versa... what a cool car!
By Jan Hill on 06/06/08 19:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Great car. I drove the Honda Fit, the Toyota Yaris, the Suzuki SX4, and the Nissan Versa won hands down. It's a great car. Has a lot of interior room. The Versa has tons of room and I can straighten my leg all the way out, which is great when you are commuting 2 hours round trip a day. The mileage is great. I'm getting 33 MPG and It's not even broken in yet. Very quiet ride (w/windows closed) and does great at highway speeds of 70 MPH. It feels stable and solid. Has a big car feel to it. The others felt like scary go-carts at high speeds.

Best for the money
By alli on 05/06/08 09:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Yaris was like driving a bubble, the Fit was nice but cost too much, my Versa is bigger has more power and better MPG. The only thing I would change would have been my color selection (2) which did not not make my head turn.

Excellent car, fair price
By Claire on 05/06/08 09:06 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I gave up my Suzuki Grand Vitara for this Versa SL Hatchback and it is impossible to be more happy. I cut my gas expenses a lot (you save more using cruise control), it has plenty of room, actually the back space is bigger than the SUV, my kids are more comfortable now, there are plenty room for legs. I feel pretty safe driving it, very stable on highways, very comfortable to ride (65 miles commute daily) with the back sit folded I have plenty of space to load almost everything, so I don't miss my SUV, without folding them you can fit 2 medium suitcases perfectly. Excellent car and very fair price

My Versa
By Ursula on 03/17/08 18:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car is just OK, but not comfortable at all. Very small trunk, can't fit a small suitcase. Very hard to take anything out of the trunk. Heating does not work well.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.