Used 2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 119 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Nissa does not care about customer safety
By Bill Fitzgerald

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

2 years ago my passenger side front wheel fell off the wheel support structure. I was traveling 25mph and the car abruptly stopped dead in it's tracks, no rolling to a stop or skidding. 10 minutes later I would have been traveling 65mph heading to work & can imagine the potential for damage, injury, loss of life. The repair bill was $388. I contacted Nissan and requested that they reimburse me, after all this is a defect, wheels do not fall off. Nissan declined. In Jan 2016 I received a recall notice from Nissan indicating the the front wheel springs needed to be replaced because they were susceptible to corrosion due to the winter weather in the north east. The corrosion could cause the springs to fail and the wheel would fall off. I had Nissan replace the springs and sent them a letter with the $388 repair bill from 2014. After all, Nissan just admitted that the front wheels could fall off at any time! Nissan declined to pick up the tab for their wheel defect. During my conversation with the Nissan representative, I told them that Nissan does not care about customer safety. Nissan's refusal to reimburse me for the wheel structure defect repair enforces the point that Nissan does not care about customer safety. Any company which cared about customer safety would recognize their wheel structure defect and immediately take care of it. How many other unsuspecting Nissan owners are driving around in a vehicle in which the wheel could fall off at any time! Nissan does not care about customer safety!

i love this car
By peter f.

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

i keep reading how people have issues with power.have any of you ever driven a car with overdrive before?overdrive is like the fifth gear in a manual,it is only for highway driving.city driving and back roads you turn off overdrive.when i drive mine and am getting on the highway my overdrive is off until i get up to speed and think it has great pickup.i havent had any other problems like the muffler issue or bad allignment.did have to change fuel injectors but not in an amount of time that would make me think it is substandard.had a bad o2 sensor,same story.i would buy this car again

85000 and never changed anything but oil
By Anna

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Great car! ZERO PROBLEMS! Purchased most basic version and never had ANY problems with it. The only complain is picking up the speed -it is poor from the beginning but this car has small engine so no surprise here. I think I would drive it until the end of its life.

AVOID ALL VERSA'S AT ALL COST!!!
By Sandy M

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car new in 2008. I do all smooth country road driving and very little city driving. After 80,000 miles until now with 122,000 miles I have had to replace the rocker arm (cracked at 80,000 miles), new muffler (hole from corrosion at 80,000), front coil spring broke just sitting in the parking lot (110,000 miles - now they just put a recall on that, which entails Nissan taking off my much thicker new springs and replacing it with their's, if I want my $1,200 back that I had to payout.), my passenger handle paint is bubbling off, driver door handle sticks in the summer time (it won't spring back when pulled), have to replace the hood latch under the hood now, because it won't close after numerous times of even praying lubricant on it, back seat wouldn't go down until I had to lubricant that to death and many more little crap! I have never had a vehicle with so many problems that shouldn't be a problem until 200,000 miles. I can't change my own plugs... Because you have to drain the antifreeze to take off a cover to get to the #4 plug. AVOID ALL VERSA'S! Neighbors have a 2011 and 2013... Nothing but problems for them also.

Loved my Versa for the first 2 years...now...not so much
By beatchic

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Off the bat the first year I took it into the dealer multiple times before they replaced the fuel pump and I think there was a recall at the time.

The muffler and exhaust system rod severed at 3 years.
The horn quit at 3-4 years.

The visor fell off, the rubber sealing around the doors fell off and the fabric around the back door peeled off.

Lots of discoloration on the turn signal bar and other levers.
Was told by mechanic that this is a Renault with a Nissan Logo on it.

I love the space in the car and all the storage in the hatch back. Love the seat height as well and the leg room.

Better quality overall.