2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Loved my Versa for the first 2 years...now...not so much
By beatchic on 10/01/13 23:31 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Off the bat the first year I took it into the dealer multiple times before they replaced the fuel pump and I think there was a recall at the time. The muffler and exhaust system rod severed at 3 years. The horn quit at 3-4 years. The visor fell off, the rubber sealing around the doors fell off and the fabric around the back door peeled off. Lots of discoloration on the turn signal bar and other levers. Was told by mechanic that this is a Renault with a Nissan Logo on it.

NEVER HAD AN ALIGNMENT PROBLEM
By anthony87 on 05/05/13 06:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have read these reviews and I have to wonder if the people that have had alignment problems are just hitting too many potholes. I have over 70k on my car and have only had one alignment and I know it was due to the terrain. Nothing flimsy about this car. It's been an excellent car, I drive a lot and I highly recommend it. It's held up extremely well, no mechanical problems at all. I think it's all in how you drive.

A Fool is born everyday
By kpcole on 06/14/12 10:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Yes, I'm the fool. I wish I could go back and get the Honda Fit I originally wanted but didn't get b/c Honda wouldn't come off $1,000 from the price. I purchased the 2008 Nissan Versa and have hated it from the 1st week of ownership. 64,000 miles and the windows won't go up and down smoothly, When accelerating going up an entry ramp to the hwy, I lose MPH and the RPM's redline. I have to pull over on the shoulder of the highway at 5:00pm traffic, put it in park, then back to drive to reset it. Only to have it happen again going up a hill slowly. Sometime I have to push the petal to the metal (floorboard) just to get it to move! And the steering wheel gets loosey goosey when I lose the MPH's.

Nissan....not again!
By grublet22 on 01/02/12 18:56 PM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have been driving this vehicle from brand new from September 2007 and I very disappointed that at 68,000 miles, I have been nickled and dimed to death with vehicle. Tires replaced twice due to the super poor alignment! I have had it realigned twice now, working on a 3 rd time. Muffler rusted through and had to have that repaired. Now I am dealing with the fuel injectors.....just had to put out $350 to have them cleaned and coolant flush. Rear door seal falling off. Break lights needed replaced by mechanic because the average person can't do it by themselves.This will be my 1st and last Nissan.

We've had more bad times than good
By jpease3984 on 10/12/11 06:08 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We bought this car brand new. In three years we have replaced 6 tires, and we buy good quality tires. The car needs an alignment more often than normal. We had to replace the fuel pump (the car just died on the middle of a busy highway). Now we are replacing the entire muffler system because it has rotted. We have done routine tune ups, oil changes, and have taken good car of this car. The power windows don't work in cold weather, they go down but don't go back up. Overall we give this car a 2/5 stars. It does hail alot of stuff which we like and gets good gas milage.

08 Versa Hatchback (CVT)
By alan600 on 04/05/11 13:44 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Overall, I have been very happy with the car. It handles well, is easy to drive and has a lot of interior room and comfort. Good value too. The one caveat is that my transmission failed after 40,000. It was replaced under warranty with no problems. I am not sure how common this is or if I was just unlucky. Since the replacement transmission was installed the car has run great. The gas mileage estimates are not as high as stated by Nissan.

I love it
By pompocho on 03/15/11 23:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the 2008 Versa SL on May 2008 and I really like it. I had to take it to the dealership for services because the air sensor keeps coming up. I took it back 4 times and they were not able to find the problem. I finally took it to SEARS and they were able to fix it. It is very economic and roomy. I have been reading about some ABS problem, thanks god I haven't had any issue yet. The car has 28000 miles. Lets see when it reach the 50K. For now I enjoying it and I am planning to give it to my daughter who is turning 18 pretty soon.

old blue
By thedmk55 on 02/23/11 09:14 AM (PST)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Its was a good car but there is better out there. replaced it with new 2011 civic lx.

Excellent Value
By conigogo on 08/13/10 04:39 AM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I traded in a minivan for the Versa when gas prices neared $4 a gallon in 2008. I researched hatchbacks and visited countless dealerships & was impressed with the Versa's features for the price. My husband was impressed with the get-up-and-go acceleration. We have a 13-year-old son and he finds the back seat roomy even with all his school gear and gaming supplies. I think the exterior is appealing & have even had 3 different people ask me for information about the car in parking lots. We told our boy that when he turns 16 he can choose between my Versa or my husband's Frontier truck & he can't make up his mind!

Capitan de los mosquitos
By carlos on 07/26/10 22:07 PM (PDT)

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Owning a versa is the best thing that has ever happened to me. Its power has me baffled, it packs a mean Punch especially on the expressway when you drop out of overdrive. Its overall appearance is sexy, it makes me want to drop it into second at about sixty miles an hour with full open butterfly. The first gear ratio is what I like best it is long and strong. Its take of speed can be deceiving unless you help it out with the neutralizer, ( it is very simple, step on the gas with a quick stab, keep the gas pedal on the floor, within two seconds shift car into neutral for a fraction of a second and back into drive. This allows revolution to accumulate thus creating a sharp and sudden pull

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.