Used 2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

AVOID ALL VERSA'S AT ALL COST!!!
By Sandy M

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car new in 2008. I do all smooth country road driving and very little city driving. After 80,000 miles until now with 122,000 miles I have had to replace the rocker arm (cracked at 80,000 miles), new muffler (hole from corrosion at 80,000), front coil spring broke just sitting in the parking lot (110,000 miles - now they just put a recall on that, which entails Nissan taking off my much thicker new springs and replacing it with their's, if I want my $1,200 back that I had to payout.), my passenger handle paint is bubbling off, driver door handle sticks in the summer time (it won't spring back when pulled), have to replace the hood latch under the hood now, because it won't close after numerous times of even praying lubricant on it, back seat wouldn't go down until I had to lubricant that to death and many more little crap! I have never had a vehicle with so many problems that shouldn't be a problem until 200,000 miles. I can't change my own plugs... Because you have to drain the antifreeze to take off a cover to get to the #4 plug. AVOID ALL VERSA'S! Neighbors have a 2011 and 2013... Nothing but problems for them also.

Loved my Versa for the first 2 years...now...not so much
By beatchic

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Off the bat the first year I took it into the dealer multiple times before they replaced the fuel pump and I think there was a recall at the time. The muffler and exhaust system rod severed at 3 years. The horn quit at 3-4 years. The visor fell off, the rubber sealing around the doors fell off and the fabric around the back door peeled off. Lots of discoloration on the turn signal bar and other levers. Was told by mechanic that this is a Renault with a Nissan Logo on it.

I love the space in the car and all the storage in the hatch back. Love the seat height as well and the leg room.

Better quality overall.

NEVER HAD AN ALIGNMENT PROBLEM
By anthony87

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have read these reviews and I have to wonder if the people that have had alignment problems are just hitting too many potholes. I have over 70k on my car and have only had one alignment and I know it was due to the terrain. Nothing flimsy about this car. It's been an excellent car, I drive a lot and I highly recommend it. It's held up extremely well, no mechanical problems at all. I think it's all in how you drive.

A Fool is born everyday
By kpcole

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Yes, I'm the fool. I wish I could go back and get the Honda Fit I originally wanted but didn't get b/c Honda wouldn't come off $1,000 from the price. I purchased the 2008 Nissan Versa and have hated it from the 1st week of ownership. 64,000 miles and the windows won't go up and down smoothly, When accelerating going up an entry ramp to the hwy, I lose MPH and the RPM's redline. I have to pull over on the shoulder of the highway at 5:00pm traffic, put it in park, then back to drive to reset it. Only to have it happen again going up a hill slowly. Sometime I have to push the petal to the metal (floorboard) just to get it to move! And the steering wheel gets loosey goosey when I lose the MPH's.

NONE- Gas mileage is worse than husbands Ford 500!!!

Nissan....not again!
By grublet22

2008 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have been driving this vehicle from brand new from September 2007 and I very disappointed that at 68,000 miles, I have been nickled and dimed to death with vehicle. Tires replaced twice due to the super poor alignment! I have had it realigned twice now, working on a 3 rd time. Muffler rusted through and had to have that repaired. Now I am dealing with the fuel injectors.....just had to put out $350 to have them cleaned and coolant flush. Rear door seal falling off. Break lights needed replaced by mechanic because the average person can't do it by themselves.This will be my 1st and last Nissan.

Exterior and interior design with plenty of head room.

Improve on the quality of car that Nissan is putting out there.

• SUV