Used 2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

AVOID ALL VERSA'S AT ALL COST!!!
By Sandy M

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car new in 2008. I do all smooth country road driving and very little city driving. After 80,000 miles until now with 122,000 miles I have had to replace the rocker arm (cracked at 80,000 miles), new muffler (hole from corrosion at 80,000), front coil spring broke just sitting in the parking lot (110,000 miles - now they just put a recall on that, which entails Nissan taking off my much thicker new springs and replacing it with their's, if I want my $1,200 back that I had to payout.), my passenger handle paint is bubbling off, driver door handle sticks in the summer time (it won't spring back when pulled), have to replace the hood latch under the hood now, because it won't close after numerous times of even praying lubricant on it, back seat wouldn't go down until I had to lubricant that to death and many more little crap! I have never had a vehicle with so many problems that shouldn't be a problem until 200,000 miles. I can't change my own plugs... Because you have to drain the antifreeze to take off a cover to get to the #4 plug. AVOID ALL VERSA'S! Neighbors have a 2011 and 2013... Nothing but problems for them also.

Once it starts, it's great...
By Sandy M.

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Everything is great on the vehicle, except the starting problems... has difficulty starting, it takes 2 cranks sometimes (not only in winter, but in all seasons). It has been in the dealership 5 times in the first 12 months I bought it. Nissan Corporation refuses to buy back the vehicle, because the dealership I bought it from keeps on replacing different parts (the dealership also don't report this to CARFAX either (bad dealership)). I am now going to take it to a different Nissan dealership and see what their mechanic says. Nissan has made me miss 5 days of work - not good! I have a manual and I am lucky if I get 27 mpg in the city, I don't drive it hard.

The hatchback can hold a lot of stuff, worth the extra $$$! Nice clutch and stick, very easy to find gears and shift. Great car over all.

Nissan Corporation needs to back their products better!!!

I Love My Car!
By ebolhafner

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I test drove a Scion xD and a Honda Fit before this one, and I fell in love immediately with the Versa. It's amazingly roomy, drives very smoothly at highway speeds (compared to other cars in it's class) and is cute but not too cute like the Fit and Yaris are. I get good gas mileage, about 34 mpg with 60% highway 40% city driving. The model I bought has neat extras like audio and cruise controls on the steering wheel, armrest, etc. My fiancee loves how roomy it is, and I can fit both our bikes in the back easily. I think this is an underrated little car and a GREAT value!

Gas mileage, premium stereo, roomy interior, LOTS of storage spaces incl. armrest and cupholders

A hybrid or electric option would make this car a perfect commuter vehicle.

2008 Nissan Versa... what a cool car!
By Jan Hill

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Great car. I drove the Honda Fit, the Toyota Yaris, the Suzuki SX4, and the Nissan Versa won hands down. It's a great car. Has a lot of interior room. The Versa has tons of room and I can straighten my leg all the way out, which is great when you are commuting 2 hours round trip a day. The mileage is great. I'm getting 33 MPG and It's not even broken in yet. Very quiet ride (w/windows closed) and does great at highway speeds of 70 MPH. It feels stable and solid. Has a big car feel to it. The others felt like scary go-carts at high speeds.

My favorite feature is the cruise control. Wouldn't buy a car without it. Also like the way the cruise is set up on the stearing wheel. Very easy to access. The car also has great pick up. It has quite a surprising amount of power for a small gas efficient car.

Very noisy with the windows down. Can't leave both rear windows all the way down or your ear drums get blown out. It creates a type of baffle sound in the back of the hatchback.

Best for the money
By alli

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The Yaris was like driving a bubble, the Fit was nice but cost too much, my Versa is bigger has more power and better MPG. The only thing I would change would have been my color selection (2) which did not not make my head turn.

Six speed is fun