Used 2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Consumer Reviews - 33 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Nissa does not care about customer safety
By Bill Fitzgerald

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

2 years ago my passenger side front wheel fell off the wheel support structure. I was traveling 25mph and the car abruptly stopped dead in it's tracks, no rolling to a stop or skidding. 10 minutes later I would have been traveling 65mph heading to work & can imagine the potential for damage, injury, loss of life. The repair bill was $388. I contacted Nissan and requested that they reimburse me, after all this is a defect, wheels do not fall off. Nissan declined. In Jan 2016 I received a recall notice from Nissan indicating the the front wheel springs needed to be replaced because they were susceptible to corrosion due to the winter weather in the north east. The corrosion could cause the springs to fail and the wheel would fall off. I had Nissan replace the springs and sent them a letter with the $388 repair bill from 2014. After all, Nissan just admitted that the front wheels could fall off at any time! Nissan declined to pick up the tab for their wheel defect. During my conversation with the Nissan representative, I told them that Nissan does not care about customer safety. Nissan's refusal to reimburse me for the wheel structure defect repair enforces the point that Nissan does not care about customer safety. Any company which cared about customer safety would recognize their wheel structure defect and immediately take care of it. How many other unsuspecting Nissan owners are driving around in a vehicle in which the wheel could fall off at any time! Nissan does not care about customer safety!

i love this car
By peter f.

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

i keep reading how people have issues with power.have any of you ever driven a car with overdrive before?overdrive is like the fifth gear in a manual,it is only for highway driving.city driving and back roads you turn off overdrive.when i drive mine and am getting on the highway my overdrive is off until i get up to speed and think it has great pickup.i havent had any other problems like the muffler issue or bad allignment.did have to change fuel injectors but not in an amount of time that would make me think it is substandard.had a bad o2 sensor,same story.i would buy this car again

85000 and never changed anything but oil
By Anna

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Great car! ZERO PROBLEMS! Purchased most basic version and never had ANY problems with it. The only complain is picking up the speed -it is poor from the beginning but this car has small engine so no surprise here. I think I would drive it until the end of its life.

Awesome!
By Jdrv291

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is by far the most fun I have had driving a car.. I don't understand people saying it gets bad gas mileage.. i am averaging 26ish around the city I don't know about the highway but I bet its better. The only issue I don't think is great is the gas pedal is a little shaky at 2800+ rpm's but it's a 4cyl so what do you expect? I'll take the gas mileage all day over a little vibration! and it's got cruise so it's great!

6 speed, quiet, smooth acceleration!

more low end torque

A Sporty yet Sophisticated Vehicle
By shaynalp

2008 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I am a first time car buyer. My parents had bought me a Toyota for my first car, and I had been driving my dad's Lexus for a time. I decided to take my chances on a Nissan since my best friend's whole family loves, and drives, Nissans. I love the sporty look of the Versa. It has the large interior space of a mid-size sedan with the agile steering of a compact vehicle. The power is great for a 1.8L engine. However I did notice, as another reviewer had, the high RPMs at such a low speed. Every other 4 cylinder vehicle I have driven would be at 3,000 RPMs at 80 MPH- not 65 MPH like this vehicle. I thought it would affect gas mileage, but I have not seen any evidence of it.

The seats have great lumbar support, which was important for me since my lower back arches deeply. The interior doesn't look cheap, even with my base model. The large windows provide great visibility with next to no blind spots. Passengers have plenty of head & leg room in front, as well as the back

I would prefer a better stereo system. Call me picky, but it sounded like I had a blown speaker when I only had the bass +2 (+5 max). At 0 it sounds perfectly fine though. Also could use more storage space. There is no center console or arm rest but the glove compartment is a decent size.