2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Review: Great MPG, Comfort and Perform

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Review

1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Great MPG, Comfort and Performance
By Hooboggled on

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Everyone complains about the MPG but driving 70 miles RT in Los Angeles traffic I have never averaged less than 30 MPG and that is with traffic. Without traffic I've been getting 35 MPG. I couldn't be happier with its performance. In 16 months I have driven 28000 miles. I have a boat in Long Beach at sea level and a cabin in Big Bear Lake at 7500 feet above sea level. The Versa climbs the multiple 8000 plus foot peaks with ease and the manual transmission is great for going down the mountains. I've had chains on it and almost slid through an intersection on some black ice. That was scary. I've also taken it off road on dirt mountain roads and have had no problems.

Six speed, but it needs to have more of an overdrive gear to get the car up around 40 to 45 miles per gallon. I find the seats comfortable and the AC is cold.

The bumpers are poorly constructed. I scraped a curb while parking and did minimal damage to the bumper, but my washer fluid reservoir somehow punctured and completely drained. This should be a recall as I have heard of similar complaints. Hopefully, Nissan will repair this under the warranty.