Let's hear it for entry level cars!
By PF FLyer on
2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)
It's about time that the market starts giving us cars that we don't need a second mortgage to own. The Versa is stylish and practical. Not a sports car by any stretch, but fun to drive. With over 1.5 million combined miles on our manual shift Nissans since 1979, I'll be very surpsied if any major issues crop up with the Versa. Feels very solid and positive on the road, and I'm getting 31 MPG combined. The leg room, front and back, is very surprising to everyone who has taken a drive with me. You sacrifice a bit of trunk space, but the fold down rear seats let you expand your storage when you need to. If solid, economical transportation is what you're after, the Versa might fit your bill.
Favorite Features
I like the functionality of the hatchback. Gas mileage does not disappoint! Interior space, both front and back is fantastic. I feel a bit more cramped behind the wheel of my 2001 Altima now.
Suggested Improvements
6th gear could be geared a bit higher. It just feels like I want to go into 7th gear at times. The gear shift itself could be a bit smoother and less clunky. Gas filler door on the right side of the car is something I'm adjusting to.