Has anyone else had this problem?
By missmyversa on
2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)
My 2007 Versa ran like a champ until 4-6 months ago when suddenly while driving would feel as if the car was not responding or had changed gears by itself. I would shift the automatic setting from D to N and back again and that would seem to correct it for awhile. Brakes replaced 2 months ago. Never did feel right, at times had to stomp on brake and still feel occasional loss of control. 12/24/2013 was slowing to a stop as traffic piled up, some ice on road. Car did not respond. With pedal all the way down, no response. Did not spin or fishtail, did not slow, just silently slid under bumper of SUV in front and was destroyed. Never happened for husband or mechanic. Me or car?
Favorite Features
Other than the problem above, I loved the ceiling height. Even my tall son could sit in the back seat and have head room. The seats folded down for a lot of cargo space for a small car, and it made many trips to Menards for my house projects lugging. Never could get the bluetooth aspect to work but didn't worry about it. Good gas mileage. Not bad pickup for a small car. Great visibility, few blind spots. Small irritating problem with putting windows down. If putting back windows down, had to crack open one of front windows or there would be a loud annoying noise the whole time. Seated 4 very comfortably. I test drove a 2014 Versa yesterday and preferred my 2007 but may just be missing it.
Suggested Improvements
In the 2007, I would have liked the hatch open to be less rounded. It was more like an oval, which cut down on some of the things I could haul in it. In the 2014, they got rid of a couple of small things I really liked: the vanity mirror on the driver's side for us women. The center console that was big enough for all kinds of things and readily available. The ride was really bumpy on the 2014 and not sure why. The dealer told me it should be better than the 2007. The visibility didn't feel as good and it felt narrower, though the dealer showed me the specs and it said it actually had a little more cubic space. I would like to have kept the 2007 another 7 or 8 years instead!