2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Review: Major and Minor issues

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Review

Major and Minor issues
By EJM on

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

OK for the first year. Issues with quality include a broken gas latch and hood release, which the dealership said wasn't under warranty. No big problem until the CVT started acting up with less than 40K miles. Seems to get stuck in a high gear and has NO acceleration/power when starting out and sometimes after I've stopped at a light. Makes left turns very dangerous as there is literally no acceleration despite my foot being on the floor, RPMs up near red line. My wife couldn't even back out of our drive as it didn't have enough power to make it up the hill despite trying for almost 10 minutes. Dealer won't fix the problem b/c they can't get it to register a problem on the computer.

bluetooth is nice and gas mileage is okay (I get 28-30 city and 30-35 highway)

better build quality; fix the transmission; better yet, dump the CVT as they don't seem very reliable despite Nissan recently increasing their CVT warranty to 100K miles, doesn't help when service dept won't honor the warranty. This will likely be my last Nissan. We've had better luck with Kia!