2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Much more than meets the eye
By awm on 01/15/08 02:11 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it 10 months ago mainly because I liked the extremely roomy interior and it was a great value for the price. Overall I've liked it, it's been good basic transportation with no major faults. It now has over 15k miles on it and still holding up well. Fuel economy has been decent. We get about 400 miles per tank on the highway, 320ish per tank with just in-town driving. Ride and handling are good, road noise noticeable but not terrible. I dont think it's as stylish as a VW Golf/Rabbit or the upcoming '09 Fit, but it's not bad looking either. Beware that the price can go from reasonable to expensive with options.

Queen of the castle
By Michel Chapleau on 01/07/08 16:18 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I used to drive an Infiniti G35 coupe wich is very expensive on maintenance, tires and gas. I made a compromise with my wife that with a cheaper car we would travel twice a year instead of 1. I changed my coupe for the versa SL hatchback 6 speeds with convenience, sound and sport package and my surprise is that ok I must admit that I miss the power of the G35 coupe but overhall I am pretty satisfied with my Versa and find it surprisingly fun to drive. And let me tell you that for the gas, brake and tires maintenance it is day and night hehe!! Also the interior is really big and the place in the back too!!! So leaving soon for 3 weeks in the Bahamas at Staniel Key's Island :)

First Year
By Jean on 12/29/07 09:41 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We were a little disappointed with the fuel mileage in the beginning. We did not get the 30/36 mpg. It was closer to 22 mpg. Our Altima gets 26 mpg. The dealer said Nissan has a breaking in period. We now are getting 30 mpg average after driving it almost 12 months. It is mostly city or short trips. We really like the way it handles and it has not been a problem in the snow. It handles the snow like a bigger car. People who ride in the back are always amazed at how much room there is. Even with a child's safety seat, there is still room for two adults.

Satisfied Owner
By sapulpabaptist on 12/25/07 13:46 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have put nearly 27K miles on my Versa since July 06. I average 27 mpg in town and 33 on the highway. This is a great little car for the money.

Love the car, disappointing gas mileage
By Drivingmom on 12/07/07 08:44 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the car new in May 2007, mainly for the comfort and the projected gas mileage. However, we have seen the gas mileage drop from a high of 31 MPG to present low of 25 MPG. The sticker advertised 29-38 MPG. Big disappoinment since I do mostly highway driving during the week, errands on weekends. The horn button is hard to find quickly - I usually end up changing the CD instead of getting the horn.

Versa is okay but...
By Andy on 12/02/07 05:59 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the vehicle for 4 months and these are the things I've found: The vehicle gets no where near the mpg advertised, I'm averaging 22 mpg. I was also told that the back seat folds flat and it does fold down but leaves a hump so large that most of the useful storage space in the rear is taken up with it. I've also found that the vehicle is underpowered, but then it is a 1.8 L engine so I can accept that. I'm hoping that my choice of a Nissan will turn out that I've purchased a reliable car. We bought this vehicle to keep for the 3 years in the hope that in that time the fuel saving technology will have improved

Not al that it's cracked up to be
By BlueVersa on 11/27/07 10:21 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car has several advantages compared to other small hatchbacks: well equipped for the price, comfort, engine performance. But you have to pay dearly for these perks as the fuel economoy is very disappointing and you will struggle to get better than 28 MPG on the highway and 25 in the city. Also this car is not well built: Nissan has cut a few of the wrong corners. The bumpers are held on with plastic rivets and will come off or dent at the slightest touch (this is ridiculous in what is supposed to be a city car) and worse the windshield washer fluid tank is located underneath the flimsy bumper with practically no protection. Drinving out of snowbank resulted in its complete destruction!

Love my Versa
By JazyJc on 11/21/07 08:52 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

It was between the Versa and the Honda Fit. I was impressed with the Versa from the beginning. Interior space and overall comfort can't be beat. Everyone who rides in my car comments on the comfort, even in the back seat. The ride is smooth and quiet, the interior feels high end. Plenty of power on fwy and hills. Sound system is good. Love the safety ratings. Didn't get the suggested MPG until about 900 miles in, so hang in there. I am very happy with this car.

2007 Nissan Versa CVT Hatchback
By Bill Holz on 11/11/07 21:52 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I drive this car to work 3 days a week using my '96 Honda Civic coupe the other 2 days. I've had no problems with my Versa and I am very satisfied with it. It's much more comfortable and roomey than my Honda but the acceleration is not quick as the Honda which is manual shift. The Nissan Versa CVT Hatchback is a solid, quality, comfortable car. A sensible purchase well worth the price.

Nissan Versa SL
By ciara hanley on 09/18/07 11:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The main reason I bought this car was because of the advertised gas mileage on the sticker. I'm lucky if I get 20 miles per gallon in the city and I'm only getting 30 miles on the highway. The sales people emphasized how great the fuel economy was but I guess none of them own one. I think Nissan should give a more accurate fuel economy rating especially with the high cost of gas. They're misleading people. The car is comfortable to sit in and to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.