Used 2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Nice small Car...BUT....
By Viktorio

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought a new car and after 18 month a start hearing noisy inside of my car, transmission goes very noisy until RPMs goes down, service check engine light comes on very offter, sendos replaced, tire blow up, transmission goes 20m/p then went up without pressing excelator almost, horn went down after 2 years. I had issue with transmission but technician was not be able to find the issue plus charge me $95 for diagnostic and next month the transmission is went down.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth, stereo, smooth ride

Suggested Improvements

interios noise should be isolated and specially where a passenger air bag. Technician should be more guide how to fix the issue.

Excellent Value
By Phil/Carmen

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

For the money, best value on the street. I am ex football player for the size of the car this vehicle is very comfortable. When we first purchased our Versa the brake lights kept blowing out every week, our interior cabin seems to be hot all of time. However fun car to drive, gas mileage gets better as it breaks in. Love the sound system, but they need to correct rear seat belt issue mine is so tight you can't slip your fingers between the belt and the rear back support portion of the seat. Remember this is a economy car, we are very Happy. Make it easier for us to work on the car Nissan, at least to change oil/filters and make a better key and hub caps the holders are plastic (Weak).

Favorite Features

Comfort of seating, handling, steering, sound system, storage

Suggested Improvements

tire warning light, break lights go out all of the time, find out why the interior cabin stays so warm, air conditioning needs more Freeze power. Use hub caps with metal grips versus the plastic ones that break off so that we dont lose so many hub caps.

A small car with large space like magic
By Lynn Chen

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have owned Nissan Versa for 2 years. Although it has some small disadvantages, its advantages are more than disadvantages. In my experience, my tire pressure light has come on several times even though my car is well maintained, and there is loud engine noise when I gas it to go uphill. However, those incidents have never cut down my pleasure on driving this car. Versa is totally fit for me because it looks young, and it has a lot of advantages. I would say Versa is cheaper, larger and more comfortable than other entry-level hatchbacks and sedans.

Favorite Features

The look and large space.

Suggested Improvements

Tire pressure light and the engine noise.

no start
By rotty

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2007 Nissan versa, I am having problems with it starting, very intermittent, turn key for about 10 seconds, just cranks over and won't start, wife embarrassed trying to start it also, also am having probems with weatherstripping falling off back doors in the same place, not overly impressed with gas mileage as what the sticker says.

Favorite Features

I like the power,never have any problems passing

Suggested Improvements

better gas mileage better weatherstripping on back doors

Good little car, bad starting, tire leak
By tire sensor

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a used Versa with 10,000 miles on it. We drove some other smaller cars and liked the ride and space of the versa. Have been to the dealer or tire shop three times so far to get the tire sensor leak fixed. Have also had inconsistent starting, takes three times to start sometimes. Am taking to dealer to fix.

Favorite Features

Big inside, good on gas, hatchback

Suggested Improvements

tire leak detectors leak doesn't start always