2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews 8

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

2007 Versa Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Pretty good car
By IGGYPOPPER

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Lease since Sept 2007. Car is good, roomy enough, no arm rest which was terrible, had to buy one online. No power at all though, put foot completely down on pedal with the AC on, has no pickup at all. Must be careful passing people, make sure you have 50 free car lengths before you do. But car is dependable so far, stereo ok, look is cute, rides good.

Favorite Features

Funny exterior look, gas mileage great.

Suggested Improvements

More power. Better quality sunvisors.

Much more than meets the eye
By awm

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought it 10 months ago mainly because I liked the extremely roomy interior and it was a great value for the price. Overall I've liked it, it's been good basic transportation with no major faults. It now has over 15k miles on it and still holding up well. Fuel economy has been decent. We get about 400 miles per tank on the highway, 320ish per tank with just in-town driving. Ride and handling are good, road noise noticeable but not terrible. I dont think it's as stylish as a VW Golf/Rabbit or the upcoming '09 Fit, but it's not bad looking either. Beware that the price can go from reasonable to expensive with options.

Favorite Features

Great handling in the snow. Very comfortable/high quality seat fabric. High end interior. LOTS of cupholders (yet I still find a way to use them all). This car is super roomy - much more room all around than the FJ Cruiser suv it replaced. High safety ratings are impressive.

Suggested Improvements

4 speed auto is slow to shift and is noisy. Engine is sluggish (but I concede that it's an automatic economy car, not a hot rod). Needs a center arm rest for the driver. Seat fabric is great, but the seats can be unsupportive and uncomfortable. Rear seats that fold flat would be nice.

Queen of the castle
By Michel Chapleau

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I used to drive an Infiniti G35 coupe wich is very expensive on maintenance, tires and gas. I made a compromise with my wife that with a cheaper car we would travel twice a year instead of 1. I changed my coupe for the versa SL hatchback 6 speeds with convenience, sound and sport package and my surprise is that ok I must admit that I miss the power of the G35 coupe but overhall I am pretty satisfied with my Versa and find it surprisingly fun to drive. And let me tell you that for the gas, brake and tires maintenance it is day and night hehe!! Also the interior is really big and the place in the back too!!! So leaving soon for 3 weeks in the Bahamas at Staniel Key's Island :)

Favorite Features

Rockford Fostgate sound system Bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

heated seats

First Year
By Jean

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We were a little disappointed with the fuel mileage in the beginning. We did not get the 30/36 mpg. It was closer to 22 mpg. Our Altima gets 26 mpg. The dealer said Nissan has a breaking in period. We now are getting 30 mpg average after driving it almost 12 months. It is mostly city or short trips. We really like the way it handles and it has not been a problem in the snow. It handles the snow like a bigger car. People who ride in the back are always amazed at how much room there is. Even with a child's safety seat, there is still room for two adults.

Favorite Features

Style of car roominess in back seat ease of getting in and out.

Suggested Improvements

Faster defosting of windows.

Satisfied Owner
By sapulpabaptist

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I have put nearly 27K miles on my Versa since July 06. I average 27 mpg in town and 33 on the highway. This is a great little car for the money.

Favorite Features

I love the back seat legroom and overall comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

I would love to see the handling improved. Does well, but could be better.

Love the car, disappointing gas mileage
By Drivingmom

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the car new in May 2007, mainly for the comfort and the projected gas mileage. However, we have seen the gas mileage drop from a high of 31 MPG to present low of 25 MPG. The sticker advertised 29-38 MPG. Big disappoinment since I do mostly highway driving during the week, errands on weekends. The horn button is hard to find quickly - I usually end up changing the CD instead of getting the horn.

Favorite Features

Love the sound system, one-push sunroof, and the intelligent key! The seats are tall and super comfortable, which is very important to my bad back. I love that you don't have to drop down to sit, you just move onto the seat.

Suggested Improvements

I would like to see the rear seats fold down flat. Although large items can be loaded into the back, it requires a second person to lift the object over the hump.

Versa is okay but...
By Andy

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've had the vehicle for 4 months and these are the things I've found: The vehicle gets no where near the mpg advertised, I'm averaging 22 mpg. I was also told that the back seat folds flat and it does fold down but leaves a hump so large that most of the useful storage space in the rear is taken up with it. I've also found that the vehicle is underpowered, but then it is a 1.8 L engine so I can accept that. I'm hoping that my choice of a Nissan will turn out that I've purchased a reliable car. We bought this vehicle to keep for the 3 years in the hope that in that time the fuel saving technology will have improved

Favorite Features

Great steering, comfortable driver's seat, better gas mileage than my SUV, good exterior lines.

Suggested Improvements

Was hoping for better gas mileage, wish the back seat folded down flat so the back storage area was more useful, exterior do handles should be indented so that moisture runnels won't form as a stain down the doors from the handles.

Not al that it's cracked up to be
By BlueVersa

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This car has several advantages compared to other small hatchbacks: well equipped for the price, comfort, engine performance. But you have to pay dearly for these perks as the fuel economoy is very disappointing and you will struggle to get better than 28 MPG on the highway and 25 in the city. Also this car is not well built: Nissan has cut a few of the wrong corners. The bumpers are held on with plastic rivets and will come off or dent at the slightest touch (this is ridiculous in what is supposed to be a city car) and worse the windshield washer fluid tank is located underneath the flimsy bumper with practically no protection. Drinving out of snowbank resulted in its complete destruction!

Favorite Features

Powerful engine. Comfortable seats. 6 speed manual transmission. Good size trunk. 60-40 back seats allow transport of large objects (even a dishwasher!).

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy is quite bad (higher gearing might help). Seats are comfortable but offer no lateral support. Build quality often lacking (see review). Cheap hard plastic interior.

Love my Versa
By JazyJc

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

It was between the Versa and the Honda Fit. I was impressed with the Versa from the beginning. Interior space and overall comfort can't be beat. Everyone who rides in my car comments on the comfort, even in the back seat. The ride is smooth and quiet, the interior feels high end. Plenty of power on fwy and hills. Sound system is good. Love the safety ratings. Didn't get the suggested MPG until about 900 miles in, so hang in there. I am very happy with this car.

Favorite Features

Bluetooth phone is awesome. Love the intelligent key (but don't lose it $$$) CVT is really smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Remote hatchback release. Getting picky here, but I wish there had been an available upgrade to GPS/DVD for the stereo.

2007 Nissan Versa CVT Hatchback
By Bill Holz

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I drive this car to work 3 days a week using my '96 Honda Civic coupe the other 2 days. I've had no problems with my Versa and I am very satisfied with it. It's much more comfortable and roomey than my Honda but the acceleration is not quick as the Honda which is manual shift. The Nissan Versa CVT Hatchback is a solid, quality, comfortable car. A sensible purchase well worth the price.

Favorite Features

My favorite features are the distinctive exterior styling and comfortable and roomey interior. I like that the radio volume goes down slightly when you stop at a light. The CVT transmission can't be beat. It runs very smooth and quietly and when in idle you don't realize it's still running.

Suggested Improvements

I would like it if the air conditioner could crank out the cold air quicker. My last car was a '96 Honda civic and the cold air came out instantly.