Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews - 263 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Great Car
By bscanlan

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Just sold my 2007 Versa after 39000 miles and 38 months. I am sad to see it go as it was a great car. Inexpensive to buy, great mileage (32 mpg), reliable, and fun. I have never had a car with as good a drivers position and/or visibility. As a fun and well-built people mover, it has no equal; certainly not the Fit or Yaris; it is in a class by itself. It served me well and never complained. Good job Nissan. Thanks Versa.

Drivers position and visibility, auto express up and down, huge cabin, quality interior materials for the segment, steering feel, true versa-tility.

None

From 98 Corolla to 07 Versa
By Bill

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Wanted to update my car into this decade before it's too late...Didn't like the Corolla design this time and the Versa just felt right.

Loved the look of the interior and the size of the exterior for tight parking.

HUBCAPS! Bought my car on Friday and lost the hubcap on my Monday freeway commute..Never had this problem with Toyota! Also needs better gas mileage. 98 Corolla got better MPGs than a smaller car 9 years newer! Turn signals need to be more prominent as have had problems on freeway with lane changes.

The good the bad &the ugly!
By lee866

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Well,bought the car in January 07.Refused to buy the cvt transmission as it was untested. Man am i glad reading the other reviews. Seems these cvt's are junk!Our 5 speed auto runs great. We get 30mpg city summer/winter. Traded a5yr old Xterra which was a great car with bad mileage. The only trouble we have had is in getting the underbody wash at the car wash in the winter.Water got into the fuel tank breather and froze solid. Dealership replaced everything under warranty including the charcoal canister. Don't get the underbody spray anymore! Weird smell when you turn on heater. Taking it back for clunk in front end. Whole front just feels loose. All in all half the price of the Xterra twice the mileage

Good mileage, reliable

What do you want for a cheap car. We feel we got what we paid for.

Does what I bought it to do.
By mattman

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

While I haven't reached sticker highest is 35 lowest is 29 in 20K miles with routine service (in NJ with crappy winter gas, traffic & horrible roads). I've had a few trim piece issues but that's it (haven't lost a hub). Bought it to carry lots of stuff (does), get good hwy mpg for my commute (does), comfortable seats (yep), cheap payment (you bet), not breakdown (doesn't). One errant pass airbag rattle that only comes out in winter would be my only nagging complaint, but even that is seasonal. Keep tires @ correct pressure and light won't come on; duh. Easy oil changes for the DIY types like myself. A- from me.

Radio/speakers - I upgraded to the SL only CD changer/aux - brilliant. Light years ahead of my '97 Jag system. Seats are WAY comfortable. My commute + old Hyundai led to lower back problem - gone now. Easy fold rear seats.

Sun visor needs to block more than 5% of side window. More cargo room if seats could fold flat into floor a la Fit. Bulb swap should NOT require removal of entire assembly...I mean really? Standard side airbags but no standard armrest? Sheesh-totally worth the $40 aftermarket.

2007 Nissan versa
By rotty

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Had problems with a squeaky steering wheel, they covered it under warranty. Also had problems with front struts clunking noise, they replaced the parts under warranty. Gas mileage is not that great. Also have problems with paint coming away in both back doors, have to take it to Nissan to have repainted. Also weatherstripping coming off back doors.

Lots of room and nice to drive.