Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

The good the bad &the ugly!
By lee866

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Well,bought the car in January 07.Refused to buy the cvt transmission as it was untested. Man am i glad reading the other reviews. Seems these cvt's are junk!Our 5 speed auto runs great. We get 30mpg city summer/winter. Traded a5yr old Xterra which was a great car with bad mileage. The only trouble we have had is in getting the underbody wash at the car wash in the winter.Water got into the fuel tank breather and froze solid. Dealership replaced everything under warranty including the charcoal canister. Don't get the underbody spray anymore! Weird smell when you turn on heater. Taking it back for clunk in front end. Whole front just feels loose. All in all half the price of the Xterra twice the mileage

Good mileage, reliable

What do you want for a cheap car. We feel we got what we paid for.

Does what I bought it to do.
By mattman

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

While I haven't reached sticker highest is 35 lowest is 29 in 20K miles with routine service (in NJ with crappy winter gas, traffic & horrible roads). I've had a few trim piece issues but that's it (haven't lost a hub). Bought it to carry lots of stuff (does), get good hwy mpg for my commute (does), comfortable seats (yep), cheap payment (you bet), not breakdown (doesn't). One errant pass airbag rattle that only comes out in winter would be my only nagging complaint, but even that is seasonal. Keep tires @ correct pressure and light won't come on; duh. Easy oil changes for the DIY types like myself. A- from me.

Radio/speakers - I upgraded to the SL only CD changer/aux - brilliant. Light years ahead of my '97 Jag system. Seats are WAY comfortable. My commute + old Hyundai led to lower back problem - gone now. Easy fold rear seats.

Sun visor needs to block more than 5% of side window. More cargo room if seats could fold flat into floor a la Fit. Bulb swap should NOT require removal of entire assembly...I mean really? Standard side airbags but no standard armrest? Sheesh-totally worth the $40 aftermarket.

2007 Nissan versa
By rotty

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Had problems with a squeaky steering wheel, they covered it under warranty. Also had problems with front struts clunking noise, they replaced the parts under warranty. Gas mileage is not that great. Also have problems with paint coming away in both back doors, have to take it to Nissan to have repainted. Also weatherstripping coming off back doors.

Lots of room and nice to drive.

good car but could use improvement
By Nancy

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Versa hatchback in 9/06 after looking at the Matrix, Fit and Mazda 3. I have never had a problem starting the car, and I find it quite peppy and fun to drive. There are, however, the "little things" that have bothered me about this car that even an economy car shouldn't fall short on: 1. the tire pressure warning light has been on since day 2; 2. 4 wheel covers have fallen off due to low quality plastic pins; 3. the interior cabin gets quite hot from (i'm guessing) engine heat coming thru the ventilation system; and 4. trim pieces have come unglued. Finally, like other reviewers, I have also been disappointed by the gas mileage from this small car: typically 27 city; 30 hwy.

Interior passenger room, peppy ride, six speed manual transmission, reliability

Exterior quality (wheel cover pins, trim pieces); temperature in interior cabin

40 Thousand and going
By SEChpman

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Use this car as my get to work car( 60 miles) and tight parking car. Have a Nissan Quest also. Have driven this car hard, and at 40,000 miles it is going great. I got it at a good price, just like my other Nissan. This car is designed to be left alone( except for fluid changes) for a long time. Oh, and if you lose a hubcap it will cost you over 60 dollars ( rip)!

Handles great, does not seem to light in heavy weather. I get 30 miles to gallon all around miles of hard driving. Six gears does the job!I would buy all of my teenage drivers ( 3 in all) one of these if I had the cash.

Windows should come tinted a little more. Better hub cap design( don't use plastic clips).