2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Best deal on the planet
By kzphil on 07/11/08 21:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My son and I both own 2007 Versas. Both are 4 dr "S" sedans that we purchased about 4 months apart from the same dealer. I have 14000 miles on mine and average 27 mpg. Everyone from the big to the little people in our family loves these cars and I am going to buy a 2008 model soon.

Good car
By Flex on 06/17/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I like almost everything about this car. I own Versa for 9 months and I didn't have any problem. I get 34 mpg highway and 30 city.

18000 fun miles
By bobgwynn on 06/10/08 18:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Had my Versa for almost two years and 18k trouble free miles. I get 30 in town and 35 on hwy (if you keep it under 70 mph). Drop air pressure to around 28-30psi and the bumpy ride disappears without hurting mileage. Big comfortable interior and very quiet ride. Enough engine power for high speed crusing unless you are carrying 4 people with luggage and ac on. Best hatchback on market and 2-3 grand cheaper than its competitors. Needs console armrest. Had aftermarket cruise added for $350.00 which works great. Good standard sound system. A baby Murano at half the price.

Best of both worlds
By alexg1268 on 06/09/08 18:13 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

The Nissan Versa gives near-SUV interior room along w/ subcompact fuel economy. The engine has good power. Trunk space is excellent. The hatchback version of the car has a very attractive exterior styling. Many of my friends give wanting glances to my beautiful little car. I've had the auto for sixteen months now. With 28000 miles, it's giving me 28 mpg. Considering this car is one of the three cheapest on the market, I'm an enormously satisfied customer.

Good Car
By Ike on 06/09/08 11:26 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased mine slightly used. This is my first car. I enjoy it and like it a lot. The only problem I've had so far is the hubcaps. They come off too easy. The fuel economy could be better but I get about 25-26. Which is nowhere near the posted. I have noticed the blind spot in the rear caused by the back window. It may just be mine but there is nearly no tint on my windows which causes a big problem with headlights blinding me at night, esp with bigger trucks.

Worst car I've ever owned
By Mary Ann on 06/07/08 14:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I get worse mileage than I got from the 17 year old Grand Am this car replaced. Can't even count the minor problems I've had. Wouldn't recommend this car at any price.

Best Economic Decision
By Prock on 05/29/08 01:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I traded in my 2003 Pathfinder LE for this vehicle. I was no longer towing heavy trailers so I didn't need it. I am 6'1" at 185 lbs, plenty of room. This car has much more head and leg room than my wife's 2003 Sentra. Fuel economy was much lower than the EPA estimates but still acceptable. The fit and finish is very good for this price category.

Fuel Mileage
By Susan Kite on 05/28/08 22:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We traded in a 1998 Toyota Corolla to purchase our 2007 Nissan Versa in order to save gas. The sticker on the window indicated that we would be getting 28 city and 35 highway miles. We have now owned this car for almost a year and are barely getting 23 miles to the gallon, a far cry from our old toyota that ran perfect. So not only due we now have a car payment but a car that gets horrible gas mileage. We've tried several times to off load this to purchase a car that gets good gas mileage only to find out that a car we paid $14,000 for less than a year ago is only worth around 9 or 10 thousand dollars. I'm so sad that we no longer own our toyota. Cute car, fun to drive but don't buy it to save.

Poor Fuel Economy
By C. Townshend on 05/19/08 16:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car because I was persuaded by the dealer that the CVT sedan would get far better fuel economy than my Honda Civic. Having driven this car for almost a year and averaged little more than 21 miles per gallon, I feel cheated by both the dealership, and by Nissan who make the original claim in conjunction with the EPA. With gas prices as they are I cannot afford a vehicle that does not even come close to the advertized MPG, and I would warn anybody against buying a Nissan Versa if it's fuel economy you're after. I am not an aggressive driver and yet this car seems to drink gas like an SUV. I have a complaint in with Nissan and it has still not been resolved after 7 months!

Disappointed with some things
By masonlane on 05/18/08 08:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

We've had our Versa for almost 2 years. Within the first 8 months, we lost a hubcap. No biggie, we replaced it. Three weeks later we lost another one. Nissan said it wasn't covered under the warranty! We've replaced a total of four BROKEN hubcaps (2 on the back passenger side fell off) and now a 5th one is ready to come off! The clips break & they don't go back on, except for the 2 that the center fell out and the ring stayed attached to the tire! Nissan says it's not a design flaw! Whatever!!! I've been driving for 20 years and prior to owning the Versa, I lost ONE hubcap after I had a tire changed & it wasn't put back on properly. But at least it didn't break, it went back on the car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.