2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
40,000 miles in 1.5yrs
By jrw1621 on 04/28/08 12:23 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We purchased the Versa for my wife about 1.5 years ago and it already has 40,000 miles on it. The plan was for a reliable economical car that we could load the miles onto. We are very happy with the Versa. We shopped everything in the "Scion Class" of vehicles but found the Versa to offer the nicest interior, quietest ride and best highway manners of anything in the class. In 40k miles it has needed nothing more than regular oil changes and is showing no signs of wear. I think i will even get 60k miles out of the original tires with proper tire rotation.

I love my car
By marm on 04/15/08 16:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

It has been the first new car I have owned and I love it! I have had it about a year and a half and I still love driving it. I haven't had a problem with it yet.

Great MPG, Comfort and Performance
By Hooboggled on 04/03/08 02:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Everyone complains about the MPG but driving 70 miles RT in Los Angeles traffic I have never averaged less than 30 MPG and that is with traffic. Without traffic I've been getting 35 MPG. I couldn't be happier with its performance. In 16 months I have driven 28000 miles. I have a boat in Long Beach at sea level and a cabin in Big Bear Lake at 7500 feet above sea level. The Versa climbs the multiple 8000 plus foot peaks with ease and the manual transmission is great for going down the mountains. I've had chains on it and almost slid through an intersection on some black ice. That was scary. I've also taken it off road on dirt mountain roads and have had no problems.

The truth about the MPGs
By VersaVersaVersa on 03/30/08 08:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We've had our 07 Versa S Hatchback for 7 months now and couldn't be happier. I keep detailed mpg records and so far we've averaged 28.8 mpg driving 1000 mi/month of about 40% hwy, 60% city. When we get out on the highway for a long trip, we always get at least 31-32 mpg and that's driving it 70+ mph. We had one fill-up of almost all city driving during the winter and still got 27 mpg! If you get less than 27, it's broken!

Nice Versa
By Nice Versa on 03/26/08 01:32 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Considering 2008 versa 1.8S and 2008 Hyundai elantra SE, purchased 1.8SL from very nice private party for a good deal, however it came with new car smell. It had just front ABS, however brake was good. Roomy back seat. A bit noisy on windy day. The noise also has to do with the type of hard tire for better MPG. Soft tire would reduce tire noise for less MPG. I need to adjust my driving habit to handle small engine for better mileage and durability. Good handling and adequate power (not ample power) on highway for 70-80 mph cruise w/3 adults. Passing trucks on highway was ok. Did not feel dangerous. Not tested for any rain or snow condition yet. Better than Honda Fit.

Nissan Can't Determine Cause of Problem
By cathy8 on 03/22/08 17:56 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I've owned my Versa for almost 1 1/2 years and my problems began almost immediately. During cold weather the car will occasionally start in safe mode where no gas goes to the engine. The car will only drive 20 KM/hr. Another problem is that the engine will begin to race and rev higher than normal and the car will speed up on its own. I love so much about the car but could really do without the problems no one seems able to fix.

Suspension
By ken on 03/22/08 15:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The second week took it back for alignment and tail light assembly. Third month replaced l/f strut. Now tires are cracking. Bumpy ride, dealer says it is normal. The car is too high, hard to control on a highway in wind. Try to pass on a highway,you hear the engine too loud and take a will to get to the next gear. I was ok buying used nissan. Now I spend more time in the shop than on the road. Bought it for my wife,I wish I hadn't. Have a car problem and a wife problem. Gas mileage is decent but not worth the hassle.I should have bought something else. Hard to imagine keeping his for few more years. Hope this is helpful.

36 MPG!? HA!
By CKS on 03/19/08 10:47 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car for 8 months now and am averaging 24 MPG! Most of my travel is highway so I would expect much better mileage than that. I've already had to have the fuel pump and O2 sensor replaced at the dealership after the check engine light came on. And the interior starting making rattling noises 2 months after owning the vehicle. The ride is pretty comfortable, but the seats can get pretty uncomfortable after a few hours driving. The biggest problem I have with this car is the horrible fuel mileage I'm getting. I bought this car to save gas mileage, not get the same as my '96 Nissan Maxima or my '05 Toyota Sienna.

Would buy it again!
By RA on 03/11/08 22:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my 2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback S for a little over half a year now and if I had to do it over I'd buy it again. Have been very impressed with the car and would recommend it highly. I also investigated the Honda Fit, Chevy Cobalt, Saturn Ion and just felt that the Versa represented the best value for the money. I just love that it is an "economy car" that doesn't look economy. The value of the interior space cannot be overstated. I have an infant carseat in the back and my wife can still sit comfortable in front passenger's seat. It isn't the sexiest car on the road, but it does the job well.

I love my Versa, and my daughter does too
By Red on 02/29/08 17:01 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I was hoping for 36 mpg, but I consistently get 33-34. I can't complain. The defroster leaves something to be desired and the air conditioning doesn't cool the back seats well. Otherwise; it is fun to drive, peppy, easy on the eyes both inside and out,and good in the snow. When this car wears out I will get another.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.