Used 2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

2007 Nissan versa
By rotty

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Had problems with a squeaky steering wheel, they covered it under warranty. Also had problems with front struts clunking noise, they replaced the parts under warranty. Gas mileage is not that great. Also have problems with paint coming away in both back doors, have to take it to Nissan to have repainted. Also weatherstripping coming off back doors.

Lots of room and nice to drive.

good car but could use improvement
By Nancy

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Versa hatchback in 9/06 after looking at the Matrix, Fit and Mazda 3. I have never had a problem starting the car, and I find it quite peppy and fun to drive. There are, however, the "little things" that have bothered me about this car that even an economy car shouldn't fall short on: 1. the tire pressure warning light has been on since day 2; 2. 4 wheel covers have fallen off due to low quality plastic pins; 3. the interior cabin gets quite hot from (i'm guessing) engine heat coming thru the ventilation system; and 4. trim pieces have come unglued. Finally, like other reviewers, I have also been disappointed by the gas mileage from this small car: typically 27 city; 30 hwy.

Interior passenger room, peppy ride, six speed manual transmission, reliability

Exterior quality (wheel cover pins, trim pieces); temperature in interior cabin

Gus Guzzler
By ciara

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car because Nissan stated that it got 36 mph and 30 miles per gallon in the city. I only get 16 miles per gallon in the city and 29 on the freeway. The auto fuel sensor has broken twice and it has been replaced under warranty. I was told the repair would improve mileage but it did not. It's a comfortable car to drive if you can afford the gas.

Pump seats in front, leg room, comfortable.

Improve the gas mileage or stop lying about it.

ok if $17K is disposable income
By Maria B. Perez

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car brand new on 5/23/07. After 2 months, I called the dealership & said I was unhappy with the mpg. I paid extra for CVT transmission to get 33/36 mpg. On any given day (even while using synthetic oil), my best is 30 mpg. He said no one twisted my arm to buy the car. (no Wonder Nissan yanked their contract from this dealership.) upholstery is rubbed where the child seat sometimes sits. Carpet where the clutch would be if it was manual, looks like I took a razor to it. Molding on the rear right window is coming off. A/c stopped working just past warranty. They won't help to fix a/c system on 2-year-old car. Too bad-was going to upgrade to murano in 2 yrs. When daycare expenses decrease.

I really miss my Isuzu Rodeo, but was often pleasantly surprised at how much I could fit in this little car.

I know it's an economy car, but that doesn't mean the upholstery & carpeting should wear out faster than a $10 Target t-shirt.

DON'T BUY A VERSA
By ddirschell

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bought this car new. Driven mostly highway miles to/from work. Bluetooth module didn't work when I bought it. Fit & finish items at 5k, same issues now but it's no longer under warranty. Interior rattles out the wazoo. New Engine 24K. Tires 30K. New Transmission 59K. Replaced CV boots 59K. Days in shop since I've owned it, 68. Still making the vibrations in the drivetrain & "they can't figure it out". Only 500 miles left on the warranty. Bet they'll figure it out as soon as I have to pay for it. Best mpg 30, worst mpg 22, average mpg 26. Owned Nissans before but NEVER AGAIN!!

Bluetooth, keyless entry/starting.