2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Ages fast
By unhappy with versa on 11/17/08 12:30 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the car 15 months and in that time the fuel pressure regulator was replaced. At 14 months the car developed a rough idle and strong vibration that could not be repaired and I have been told this is "within normal" for this car. I have never had a rougher idling car in all the small cars I have owned.

Get it all at a small price
By Bethanie Hollister on 11/12/08 13:30 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

By far the best car that I have owned so far! I have only had minor problems with my Versa since purchase and all have been fixed quickly by warranty. The dealership I went to in Beaver County, Pennsylvania, "Beaver County Auto," was amazing and I would recommend them and the Versa to everyone. If you can swing it the SL with the CRV transmission is great! No more feeling your car shift into gears and with all the extra features you feel like you're driving a sports car. I will be a Nissan driver for life!

Poor user replaceable items.
By Davewave on 09/25/08 11:17 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It is very well made, economical vehicle. However, if you are used to doing your own basic maintenance, like replacing rear stop lights or topping off brake fluid, it is a nightmare. Nissan does not supply an instruction manual on how to replace a tail light, and they are so deeply recessed into the plastic that it is very difficult to get at. Same for brake fluid. Nissan's solution? Bring it in for a very expensive light bulb change. Same for brake fluid. These kind of items should easily be driver replaceable items. They are not, and I am NOT happy about this.

07 Nissan Versa
By Darien on 09/12/08 07:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Great car, but loses a lot of acceleration when using A/C

A very good car
By Didier on 08/16/08 07:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car last year. After one year, I can say that I'm very very satisfying. Handling is good, even on snow, comfort excellent and gas mileage good too. I just replaced the air filter 3 days ago and the fuel economy is much better. The Versa is the best car I had in my life.

Not my first choice.
By shanp25 on 08/14/08 13:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Nissan Versa was not my first choice but when I saw it on the lot I thought it was cute. When I test drove it I fell in love. I also tried the Honda Fit which I felt was made cheaply and could be blown over by 5 mph winds. I get exceptional mileage but have only one complaint. I needed new brakes after only having the car for 6 months, plus there was a re-call with the air bag for the passenger seat. Very roomy in the backseat. Could fit a bike in the trunk with one of the back seats folded. Great gas mileage, comfy seats. There are more positives than negatives :) Great hatchback for a great price.

Great gas mileage
By Great Summer vehicle on 08/01/08 10:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

When I first saw this vehicle I fell in love with its body style. The interior is great and I love how spacious it is. This vehicle gives great gas mileage. However,I live on Long Island and during the winter months it is very difficult to drive on ice and snow. It is also hard to control on windy days. It is a great vehicle for long summer drives.

07 Versa
By DNClark on 07/29/08 05:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Only 2 complaints. Car has no pickup when using the AC, and the shift from 1st to 2nd feels like a manual tranny even though it's an automatic. Other than that it's a great car.

Nissan's Entry Vehicle
By Commuter Man on 07/15/08 09:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

In short, great car! I bought this car for its features, price and mpg, in that order. At 16K in today's market I did not expect a performance vehicle. I wanted good transportation that was safe and economical. The ride is great for a compact econo-box. The engine is quiet most of the time and it performs well in city and on the highway. This would be a perfect car for a college student or a commuter of any age. My average mileage is 30 mpg and I am quite pleased with that. On occasion it is called on to carry 5 adults and it does so with reasonable comfort. The leg room in this car is amazing! I have had no mechanical issues and the fit and finish is excellent.

Versa versus others
By Jon DeWaal on 07/12/08 09:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We spent quite a bit of time looking over the Toyota Corolla, and the Honda Civic. What impressed us most about the Versa was the smooth ride, quality, price, and the roominess. It had the others beat hands down. Having had the Versa for about a year, we are very happy owners of this delightful car. It is a fun car to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.