2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
no start
By rotty on 03/23/09 06:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have a 2007 Nissan versa, I am having problems with it starting, very intermittent, turn key for about 10 seconds, just cranks over and won't start, wife embarrassed trying to start it also, also am having probems with weatherstripping falling off back doors in the same place, not overly impressed with gas mileage as what the sticker says.

Good little car, bad starting, tire leak
By tire sensor on 03/21/09 18:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We bought a used Versa with 10,000 miles on it. We drove some other smaller cars and liked the ride and space of the versa. Have been to the dealer or tire shop three times so far to get the tire sensor leak fixed. Have also had inconsistent starting, takes three times to start sometimes. Am taking to dealer to fix.

I love my Versa more every day!
By Jessica on 03/16/09 22:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought mine preowned with 9500 miles, and have put 10K more miles on it. I looked at the Yaris, Matrix, Fit, Corolla, xD and Mazda 3, and the Versa hit the sweet spot for features and price. The Fit had a cheap-looking interior, the Yaris had that dashboard in the center (yuck!) and the others cost more or got poorer mileage. As others have said, the comfort, leg room, options, gas mileage and overall solidity of the car is awesome. If you're thinking of a Versa, get the SL. The Intellikey, CVT, additional storage and upgrades are absolutely worth it. The ride is so quiet and smooth that I've thought I was going 60 when I was really going 80! Lead feet beware.

Great little car...
By curegirl0421 on 03/02/09 08:40 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Unfortunately it looks as if the other reviewer got a bit of a lemon; I have enjoyed driving this car, although I will agree it's a bit on the loud side. The only thing I truly have had issue with is the interior seems to be just snapped together and I often have to smack panels back in place, but for a cheap car, I can't complain. Gas mileage... well, I made it from Denver to Tucson and back on 4 1/2 tanks of gas... you do the math!

Horrible little car!!
By Evan Grant on 01/27/09 05:50 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had this car for 2 years. Of those two years, both were riddled with problems. The factory tires needed replacing at 8,000 miles, the brake rotors needed replacing at 14,000 miles, the check engine light came on at 18,000 miles, and the CVT is wayyy over-rated. It's not fun being on a highway at 70mph and not being able to hear people in the same car! The mpg is way worse than predicted by the window sticker, the best I got for city was 25, but highway mileage was ok at about 30. The sticker said 31 city and 34 highway. I wouldn't suggest this car for someone buying new in order to avoid repair costs. This thing is like an iceberg in snow. You go with the road.

Great in Winter too!
By fpl1972 on 12/30/08 12:44 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I just got back from a 1700 mile winter road trip through Montana, Idaho, Washington and Oregon. My Versa started without a single problem in -26 weather. Out performed a 4Runner in the snow and only had to put chains on because the state troopers made everyone! Transmission was seamless and enabled me to get out of deep snow without spinning out of control. Even with the low profile, it still went through deep snow easily.

Nissan Versa 2007
By Marc Weissman on 12/21/08 19:41 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Overall very satisfied with handling and comfort of drive, especially in the snow. My wife loves it!

Great small car
By Roberto on 12/12/08 06:13 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Although being small, the car is roomy. It doesn't feel powerful, but it is very pleasant to drive and it has a very smooth drive. The trunk has space for two big pieces of luggage and there is room left for some other stuff. Fit and finish is great. It has lots of headroom.

You get what you pay for
By asnb3ar on 11/18/08 03:55 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Pros: cheap car, roomy interior, pretty cute exterior. Cons: too many cupholders but nowhere to put change. My tire pressure light came on TWICE and I've only owned the car for 1 year and half even though my car is well maintained (regularly serviced & 15k done). Really loud engine noise when you gas it to go uphill. Its not as gas efficient as I thought, since I'm only getting about 27-28 mpg even when I first purchased the car. Also, something smells weird when I turn on the fan, and it's been like that since I first bought the car.

Ages fast
By unhappy with versa on 11/17/08 12:30 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I have had the car 15 months and in that time the fuel pressure regulator was replaced. At 14 months the car developed a rough idle and strong vibration that could not be repaired and I have been told this is "within normal" for this car. I have never had a rougher idling car in all the small cars I have owned.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.