Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Completely AWESOME
By zbaerenlovesme

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Versa, and I'll be sad when I have to trade it in soon due to having another child. The one thing I don't like is that it won't fit three car seats ha ha ha. I have had negligible problems with my Versa. I have never "lost" a hubcap due to fly off or fall off, just to other versa owners STEALING them. I am surprised that another owner has expressed problem with the interior noise as I sometimes cannot tell if it is on or not it is so quiet. I have had it in the shop only for Nissan notified issues and regular maintenance. I agree, replacements hubcaps are too expensive. I get a reasonable gas mileage at 27 city, 33 highway.

Manual Transmission, Gas Mileage

Better owner notification for problems with the car. Better hubcaps.

WARNING!!! Do NOT Buy
By Me and my 2 Dollies

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this car and drove it off the lot w/ under 50 miles on it. Was told would get 41 MPG even going 80 MPH. Most Ive gotten is 32 and that was 1 time. Hub caps broke off w/in 6 months. TOO expensive to replace. Most miles are freeway miles. Tires had to be replaced after 20000 miles. Serviced engine as required and engine went out on me at around 40000. Wasn't covered under warranty because I couldn't find 2 receipts. Paid $4800+ for new engine. 20000 miles later replacing it again. This time warranty is covering it. Car is not reliable. Very noisy inside even w/ the windows up. Would not recommend purchasing if wanting something reliable. Engine not reliable.

Better warranty coverage. Cheaper plastic hub caps. Truth on the gas mileage. Quieter inside. Better engine in general. Just rebuild the whole thing from scratch.

Major and Minor issues
By EJM

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

OK for the first year. Issues with quality include a broken gas latch and hood release, which the dealership said wasn't under warranty. No big problem until the CVT started acting up with less than 40K miles. Seems to get stuck in a high gear and has NO acceleration/power when starting out and sometimes after I've stopped at a light. Makes left turns very dangerous as there is literally no acceleration despite my foot being on the floor, RPMs up near red line. My wife couldn't even back out of our drive as it didn't have enough power to make it up the hill despite trying for almost 10 minutes. Dealer won't fix the problem b/c they can't get it to register a problem on the computer.

bluetooth is nice and gas mileage is okay (I get 28-30 city and 30-35 highway)

better build quality; fix the transmission; better yet, dump the CVT as they don't seem very reliable despite Nissan recently increasing their CVT warranty to 100K miles, doesn't help when service dept won't honor the warranty. This will likely be my last Nissan. We've had better luck with Kia!

Worst car I've ever owned
By R. Northcott

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Nissan Versa the first year it came out. I was looking for good gas mileage and the sticker said 28 city, 35 highway. The mileage was good at first but then I noticed that I was going to the gas station more often so I started tracking my mileage again. Well, I then discovered that I was getting 19 miles to a gallon instead of the 26 or so I got when I first bought the car. I brought it to the dealership where I bought it and another local Nissan dealership and was told nothing was wrong with the car. I'm not happy and will never buy another Nissan.

Gas mileage

Fool me once...
By twicescrewed

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've owned TWO 2007 Versas, probably the worst cars I have ever owned (and that includes GM products). The first one was in the shop 5 times for TPMS issues in 8,000 miles before, mercifully, it was destroyed in an accident. Unfortunately, I was set up with another, and that one was worse. In the shop 14 times for 23 separate issues over 32,000 miles. The dealer never fixed it right, including simple things like gluing the rear door seals in place. I got rid of this (on my own, and my own expense) when they refused to fix a problem where the transmission (6-sp manual) occasionally went into 1st when you put it in reverse. NO THANKS, NEVER AGAIN will I own a Nissan.

Seats very comfortable, great passenger room, bluetooth system worked great, great gas mileage (when it ran)

Redesign the whole thing from the ground up, TEST the final product thoroughly, and then don't assemble it in Mexico. Even lazy UAW workers put things together better.