2007 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Nissan's Entry Vehicle
By Commuter Man on 07/15/08 09:44 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

In short, great car! I bought this car for its features, price and mpg, in that order. At 16K in today's market I did not expect a performance vehicle. I wanted good transportation that was safe and economical. The ride is great for a compact econo-box. The engine is quiet most of the time and it performs well in city and on the highway. This would be a perfect car for a college student or a commuter of any age. My average mileage is 30 mpg and I am quite pleased with that. On occasion it is called on to carry 5 adults and it does so with reasonable comfort. The leg room in this car is amazing! I have had no mechanical issues and the fit and finish is excellent.

Versa versus others
By Jon DeWaal on 07/12/08 09:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We spent quite a bit of time looking over the Toyota Corolla, and the Honda Civic. What impressed us most about the Versa was the smooth ride, quality, price, and the roominess. It had the others beat hands down. Having had the Versa for about a year, we are very happy owners of this delightful car. It is a fun car to drive.

Best deal on the planet
By kzphil on 07/11/08 21:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My son and I both own 2007 Versas. Both are 4 dr "S" sedans that we purchased about 4 months apart from the same dealer. I have 14000 miles on mine and average 27 mpg. Everyone from the big to the little people in our family loves these cars and I am going to buy a 2008 model soon.

Fuel Mileage
By Susan Kite on 05/28/08 22:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

We traded in a 1998 Toyota Corolla to purchase our 2007 Nissan Versa in order to save gas. The sticker on the window indicated that we would be getting 28 city and 35 highway miles. We have now owned this car for almost a year and are barely getting 23 miles to the gallon, a far cry from our old toyota that ran perfect. So not only due we now have a car payment but a car that gets horrible gas mileage. We've tried several times to off load this to purchase a car that gets good gas mileage only to find out that a car we paid $14,000 for less than a year ago is only worth around 9 or 10 thousand dollars. I'm so sad that we no longer own our toyota. Cute car, fun to drive but don't buy it to save.

Poor Fuel Economy
By C. Townshend on 05/19/08 16:41 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car because I was persuaded by the dealer that the CVT sedan would get far better fuel economy than my Honda Civic. Having driven this car for almost a year and averaged little more than 21 miles per gallon, I feel cheated by both the dealership, and by Nissan who make the original claim in conjunction with the EPA. With gas prices as they are I cannot afford a vehicle that does not even come close to the advertized MPG, and I would warn anybody against buying a Nissan Versa if it's fuel economy you're after. I am not an aggressive driver and yet this car seems to drink gas like an SUV. I have a complaint in with Nissan and it has still not been resolved after 7 months!

Nice fit, bad ride
By Steve J on 04/26/08 18:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The interior space in this is amazing! I have a 36" inseam, not too many cars fit my legs. After time, the headroom is even more impressive. The hp is fine, more than enough, doesn't get great mileage for a small car. Bad speakers, replace those. Also the cornering at speeds over 50 is awful! Still a great value, but I will trade it in as soon as I have enough equity in it.

A car that's worth more than the price
By arumi84 on 03/05/08 10:00 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This is my very first car. For the price, this car has got everything. I had the car for about 10 month now and no problem so far. Smooth and quick corners, the car is very roomy both front, back, and trunk. Fuel economy is very good. Overall, it is worth more than the price :)

Great Family Car/Daily Driver in one
By Virginia Gentleman on 10/21/07 12:50 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Great car, cool looking, hatchback is cooler looking but I like the huge trunk room of the sedan. Rides great for econ car, better than most mid size cars. Lots of room for long legged people. Acceleration is good, not that I really care about that, the car has lots of options and standard options I like. Best looking car of its class, very modern look. It is Our 1st Nissan and so far we are very impressed. Easy to park, even in city. Ride is nice , I have a bad back so I feel all the bumps on the road and it is the only econ car that I have ridden in that doesn't cause me undue pain, and comfy seats, and head doesn't hit roof when on bumpy roads like some econ cars. THE BEST.

Better for families than Fit or Corolla
By jw on 10/16/07 11:23 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great little car. We looked at the Honda Fit and the Toyota Corolla. We were impressed with the versatility of the Fit and the reliability of the Corolla, but we're very glad we bought this Versa sedan. We're a family of 5: three kids between the ages of 6 and 11. Our Versa has the same rear legroom as our Mercury Sable, no kidding. It just seems so spacious! Much roomier & more comfortable than the Fit or Corolla. Rated safer than those cars too. We regularly get an average of 32 mpg in mixed driving (with 3 kids and their stuff!) -- no complaints there. True, resale value won't be as high as Honda or Toyota, but our Versa was at least $2000 less to buy!

Great Value
By gpez on 09/15/07 22:49 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Have driven the car for 2 months, nearly 1500 miles. You get a lot of value for your money. Gas mileage has been 31-32 mpg for mostly non-highway commute, very respectable. The car's got enough pep and great brakes with the ABS option. The interior exceeds expectations. It does have some quirks - gets a little loose at highway speeds (probably could improve with better tires), the rear suspension is soft (go slow over speed bumps) and oddities like no temp gauge (instead goofy LEDs) and the glove box light only comes on with the exterior lights. Not the sportiest car but for the price it has exceeded my expectations. If it yields long term reliability then Nissan's got a winner here.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.