2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Love my Versa
By survivorqueen on 01/20/10 13:04 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

In 2006, after much research, I was happy to decide on the Versa. I am tall and plus sized, the Versa is very spacious. The mileage seems to be the same as my previous Sentra. I did have problems with the vehicle. First there was a recall on the wiper arm (or in that area). Nissa didn't informed me. I found out about it online. Secondly, whenever I turned on the air conditioner, and turned off the car, there were problems when I tried to restart the car. The car wouldn't turn over. It took two years to finally repair. The fuel line had to be replaced. I too kept losing the hubcap. I lost two. I've never had that problem with any other vehicle.

121K and going strong!
By DL34119 on 01/05/10 17:44 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Company fleet car that was handed down to me. It chose me, not the other way around. This car is near perfect for its mission and price point. Comfortable, fun for an econobox, great visibility, and unbelievably roomy all around! Complaints about wheel covers flying off are true. Other than that,if you want maximum interior space and comfort,small footprint and bang for buck- this is it!

worst car ever
By RobD on 12/31/09 10:57 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

had car in shop over 26 times have had replaced:Steering column, struts, strut mount assembly, a pin in the steering column, steering rack, and an inner cv boot (which came torn from the factory). Along with the front end issue which has never been fixed we have had replaced: brake relay, AC blower motor (2x), Engine block (@ 25k miles), radiator and cvt transmission (both @50k mi somehow radiator fluid got in trans and trans fluid in radiator..go figure), ac relay (2x), fuel pump, fuel sending unit, and assorted interior plastic pieces which broke off. This car is a piece of crap, and so is Nissan customer service. I have had to retain an attorney because they will not fix my car.

2007 versa commuter
By garrett on 12/04/09 18:09 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I drive 100 miles daily and find the Versa to have good comfort. 4 big men can ride in it no problem. I like the 6 speed manual but a lot of time spent in stop and go traffic will leave you worn out. The only problems I've had is excessive cranking at startup. Took it to the dealer twice and they changed parts but couldn't fix the problem. I suspect a relay but it usually is no problem.

review
By dakota on 11/28/09 08:10 AM (PST)

Overall i love my car.

beware of gas economy
By Alan Mcsavage on 11/09/09 14:37 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

DO NOT BUY! I cannot even get 350kms per 50lt tank. My 1995 Toyota Corolla still gets over 450kms on a 40lt tank. How can a 4 cylinder with all the new technology get worse mileage than most 8 cylinder cars. I was totally deceived into believing I was getting a fuel efficient car. From now on I will stick to Toyota! DO NO BE DECEIVED!!!!

At 38,000 miles
By Ron on 11/05/09 14:04 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Purchased the SL CVT in Nov. 2007 and no problems except one wheel leaking air requiring weekly fill up. Tire sensor lets me know when to fill, but dealer cannot find or fix wheel leak. Totally reliable, no other fixes so far. Everything holding up well and no rattles yet. Car is garaged and kept clean in and out. Northwest weather is mild on vehicles. Tried Fit Corolla Civic and Scion but purchased Versa for smooth quiet ride and large passenger space. The Hondas were a better driver's car but too noisy and rougher riding. Mileage has averaged 30.2 to date. Suburban driving: 29mpg, High speed 70+ Hiway = only around 30 mpg. Worst city driving mileage was 26 mpg. Quiet at idle and hiway

Great Car
By bscanlan on 10/15/09 19:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Just sold my 2007 Versa after 39000 miles and 38 months. I am sad to see it go as it was a great car. Inexpensive to buy, great mileage (32 mpg), reliable, and fun. I have never had a car with as good a drivers position and/or visibility. As a fun and well-built people mover, it has no equal; certainly not the Fit or Yaris; it is in a class by itself. It served me well and never complained. Good job Nissan. Thanks Versa.

Does what I bought it to do.
By mattman on 10/02/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

While I haven't reached sticker highest is 35 lowest is 29 in 20K miles with routine service (in NJ with crappy winter gas, traffic & horrible roads). I've had a few trim piece issues but that's it (haven't lost a hub). Bought it to carry lots of stuff (does), get good hwy mpg for my commute (does), comfortable seats (yep), cheap payment (you bet), not breakdown (doesn't). One errant pass airbag rattle that only comes out in winter would be my only nagging complaint, but even that is seasonal. Keep tires @ correct pressure and light won't come on; duh. Easy oil changes for the DIY types like myself. A- from me.

2007 Nissan versa
By rotty on 08/17/09 13:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Had problems with a squeaky steering wheel, they covered it under warranty. Also had problems with front struts clunking noise, they replaced the parts under warranty. Gas mileage is not that great. Also have problems with paint coming away in both back doors, have to take it to Nissan to have repainted. Also weatherstripping coming off back doors.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.