Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Fun car... gas mileage stinks!!
By ELIZABETH

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The car is just outright a fun car. I love the bluetooth capabilities considering the phone is my life. I especially love the CVT. It makes the car less noisy and its a smooth ride for the most part. I have not had the car for long but I am beginning to think the car doesn't really get 36 MPG. I am averaging about 28-31 MPG on the highway. The car tends to be a smooth ride with an occasional drifting. Not sure what that is about. I feel my 1999 Grand Am with over 200,000 still gets better gas mileage.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature by far is the intelligent key. Can't live without it now that I have it.

Suggested Improvements

I feel the suggested gas mileage is way off and needs to be corrected. I am not sure I need to break the car in but the whole reason for the purchase was for the gas mileage.

2007 Versa S Automatic, Power Package
By SamNC

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

It downshifts between 20-45 mph at which speeds to merge on highways are dangerous. There is a second or 2 delay in shifting gears, seems in neutral with high revs. It accelerates well from 60 to 70 mph and is equally well accelerating from 70 to 80 or 90 mph. Very good steering and handling when driving below 65 mph. Anything above 65 mph, steering becomes bad and sway a little within the driving lane. The car is now at 800 miles. With about 45% highway 55% city and I am easy on throttle and look way ahead for stop driving, I get about 25 mpg, way below the expected 32 mpg. Remotes and keys are quite bulky.

Favorite Features

It accelerates well from 60 mph to 90 mph. Small and compact, good seating design.

Suggested Improvements

1. MPG 2. When push pedal for gas to accelerate, it seems disengaging gears for about one second when downshifting automatically, needs urgent attention. 3. Acceleration from 20 to 50 downshift problem to be rectified.

Versa style
By cvs80

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have had the Versa for two weeks and I have enjoyed driving it both in the city and on the highway. It has great pick up entering, and I had no problem keeping up. It has a comfortable ride, and I didn't notice any noise problems while on the highway.

Favorite Features

My favorite features so far: the adjustable driver's side seat. I needed to be higher in the car. I like the convenience of the controls on the steering wheel, and even though I am still getting used to the Bluetooth, I like that option. Intel key is another favorite.

Suggested Improvements

I was very disapointed that a car with ABS was not available in my area on the SL hatchback. I am getting used to the disc brakes again without much problem however. The car I traded in had doors that automatically locked when the car was started, which is a nice safety feature for any car.

Old Blue
By Old Blue

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Bought it for a company car. Needed solid dependability and great gas mileage. Every one who drives it, loves it. Big enough to carry full size adult American males comfortably and go along with the traffic flow. Keyless entry and Bluetooth add to business ease of use. Owned it first month and put on 3,000 Florida highway miles with no additional problems other then fuel door release cable hangs down and was never properly installed.

Favorite Features

36.43 MPG on last tank of $2.80 gallon gas. Pumped up tires 5 lbs to 35 lbs and gas mileage went up 4 miles per gallon!

Suggested Improvements

Increase A/C capacity!! Takes a long time to cool down interior after sitting in the sun. I hope all is working right? Improve vague steering. Seems to wander slightly and never track straight on center??

Above average
By Steve J

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I looked for a year for a car I could fit in at 6'5", 225 pounds and with my limited budget. In the end, flipped a coin and went with resale value. Not nearly as much fun to drive as my 99 Accent, but it's nice to sit high so I don't have to change lanes for every truck that comes by. Top heavy car, tons of interior space, crappy speakers, looks cute, good color, good price. Haven't gotten used to the 6 speed yet, I have to shift down to third or fourth on all the corners, sluggish first year.

Favorite Features

Legroom, color.

Suggested Improvements

Lumbar support, glove box is really hard to reach from the driver's seat.