2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2007 Versa Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Sort Reviews by

Excellent
By Gajas

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The car engine is very good. Mileage is not that what they advertise but it is definitely worth buying the car especially if you are not looking for anything which is fancy. Interior is very comfortable and airy and has lots of space. The car design is different than new versions like Fit and 2007 Hatchback of Hyundai but it is different and unique.

Nissan winning me over
By Wilkesboro

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

2007 Versa 1.8SL is good value for the money. I rated all 9's on survey but reserving final rating until I have driven 3k miles. Compared Civic and the Yaris. We didn't like the base model and the upgrade to SL gave us the power features and the sweet CVT transmission. Felt weird at first driving the new transmission (no winding of the transmission gears) but I like it now. I had my first 126 mile road trip yesterday and it was even better on the highway. Safety features are really nice with all the airbags and antilock breaks. Car lines are good and backseat has plenty of leg room for an adult. The 6 CD stereo sounds excellent with nice button layout. Handling and ride is above average

Favorite Features

Steering and suspension and smooth and peppy engine. The cockpit feels comfortable. The doors sound solid when they shut. All the safety features were a big bonus.

Suggested Improvements

Still reviewing. Insurance may be a little higher. I called my agent to add to policy and he wasy checking on the repair ratings. Appears that it may be a little more costlier to repair but I haven't seen the new bill from Agent but suggest you review this part of ownership cost.

found versa very comfortable
By don moore

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Car is realy enjoyable to drive and have passengers in back seat say there was ample room.

rockin lil car
By danielsan

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

i love it. so far so good. i was going to get a fit, but then i test drove the versa, and its a much better deal for the price.

Favorite Features

mileage, size, power everything

Suggested Improvements

restyle on the outside appearance of the trunk.

zshan
By zshn

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I was looking for great commuting car and i test drove versa and right away i orderd this car, i got 1800 miles on it right now and i love driving this car because its drive like a midsize car and with SL package you can't go wrong , which has bluetooth and inteligent key get you in and out and even you can start your car without taking your key out from the pocket, 36 miles per gallon with CVT transmission, this is a overall better car than Honda Fit and Toyota Yaris.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth

Suggested Improvements

None

Smooth, Quick, Efficient, and Fun
By Brandon

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

with a sleek looking exterior and solid built interior, i am proud to cruise around in this car. It has impressive acceleration and handling that always surprises me when i'm cruising. The interior is comfortable, solid, and very inviting. my first tank of fuel lasted 410 miles which is always a plus, and filling it back up at $2.89 a gallon only cost me around $28. all together i am extremely pleased with my Versa!

Favorite Features

six speed, large interior, dash controls are displayed nicely, i personally prefer the body style over all comparable makes and models

Suggested Improvements

seats need better arch support

love at first sight
By Bruce G. Pope

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I went in to just shop for a price of the sentra. I had been looking and pricing the Kia's, Hondas, Toyotas. When I saw the Versa I was amazed how roomy it was inside. I test drove it for about 1/2 hour; High speed hwy and city. It was responsive, quick and fun to drive. It has a high headroom even from the outside. Its very European looking. Its unusually long too. It was cheaper than the Sentra and I bought the only one on the lot with no second thoughts. I am sure I'm going to love this car for a long time. So far there doesn't seem to be much written on it yet. But Nissan has a sure fire hit on their hands. Its fun and sporty. Well done Nissan!!!!

More power and luxury for less!
By Suzie

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I was very surprised at the quality interior and space this car has to offer. The exterior has beautiful clean lines. I had a 2002 echo w/manual transmission before I bought this car. I definitely noticed the difference in horse power. I think this car has only 14 to 17 more horsepower, but you can feel it. This would definitely be a plus to the yaris's or fit's 108ish horse power. On the down side, my echo got an average of about 37 mpg. This doesn't hit that mark. You're giving up some economy as far as gas is concerned for greater luxury and power over the fit and especially the yaris.

Favorite Features

luxurious interior for the class, very comfortable, lot's of power compared to others in class,

Suggested Improvements

more storage space (like what the echo and now yaris offer)

Best vehicle in this class, hands down!
By Eric G.

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I looked at the Fit, Yaris, Scion and the Versa. As a huge Honda fan, I was leaning toward the Fit. That was, until the Versa was released! After one drive it was no question which car I wanted! Very high quality textured plastics and fabrics, excellent fit and finish, and a more upscale look than the others made the Versa purchase and easy decision! Even the power of the engine and the CVT make it so that I don't miss the V6 of my Accord!

Favorite Features

CVD transmission is butter smooth. Strong engine. Convenience package with Bluetooth and keyless start worth every penny!

Suggested Improvements

Little stiffer suspension for cornering. Seats that fold flat with the trunk floor.

Versa is best in class
By Bill

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Tested Fit, Yaris, Scion. none had the power or room that the Versa has. Took it on a 600 mile trip right after getting it and it was as comfortable as cars much bigger. 6 speed is tight and quick. So far so good.

Favorite Features

Headroom, power, great manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

lights that go out when ignition is turned off. nothing else I miss at this point.