2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Great small car - Poor MPG's
By Dean on 10/19/06 07:56 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

We bought this after looking at the Corolla, Vibe, Fit and Yaris. By far the most room and comparable ADVERTISED MPG's. First 30 miles the tire pressure light came on. Dealer fixed and never came back on. Up to 1500 miles now and only averaging 25.5 MPG overall. Never got more than 27 mpg. We consciously never go over 3000 rpms in an attempt to get better mpg but to no avail. Fuel economy is why we bought a new car and this one does not add up. Everything else is great but without the mpgs I'm very disappointed. I have the CVT and maybe it would be better if the transmission was tightened up some?

It will do
By Kansan on 10/17/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Just turned over 5,000 miles on my Versa equiped with 6spd and power package. Interior room is great. Kids like the back seat. Layout is functional for a car of this price. No defects so far. Gas mileage is a real disappointment. Rarely get 30 mpg in mixed driving i.e 50% hwy 50% city. No way will this care get 30 mpg with the AC on no matter how you drive it. Performance isn't great, but as expected for a car this size. But, for $14K with front and side airbags, it will do.

driving 2007 VERSA
By lili on 10/15/06 05:06 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

fantastic, drives like a dream, sturdy noise free, sophisticated, could use arm rest shoulder and back seats pockets as a standard bonus.

Tiida good pick
By zaahir on 10/13/06 08:40 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

The Nissan Tiida offers alot for a small car. It gives good horsepower with an excellent fuel economy. It is extremely roomy and fill with alot of storage spaces. It certainly has redefined the small family sedan/car. I'll recmommend it to anyone.

all the bells, w/o the stupid whistles
By LLDavis on 10/10/06 18:58 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I really like this car. I drove a similar, but smaller model in Spain and was thrilled to see that Nissan was putting out a subcompact in the USA. I was looking for a car that rode a little higher than the average sedan, but still got good gas mileage, and didn't cost too much. I got all those things in the Versa, and I haven't been disappointed in any of its quirks (e.g. audible shifting noises, loose handling, flimsy velcro attachment for the hatch cover). Plus, I love the upholstery (microfibery), the tire pressure monitoring system, the touch- sensitive hatch lifter, and the interior room with an adorable, easy to park exterior.

Pretty nice car, but...
By faction on 10/02/06 18:52 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Had been looking for a year for a 4 door hatchback to replace a lemon I had been doomed with for 4 years. It was an easy one! Love the spacious interior, CVT, cute body and how it zips around. It is an entry level car, so doesn't have all the luxury that some people might be used to, but I'm a simple gal with simple needs. Bad news: MPG isn't what they claim(yet?) and that was THE major reason I bought the car. Also after 2 weeks, my ignition started acting up and it has been in the shop for over a week now and they can't figure out what is wrong with it. New car, I figure there will be some bugs to work out, so I can be understanding--for a while.

Love this car, but...
By Rich on 10/01/06 01:33 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The GOOD: Wife was sold on a Scion Xa before I insisted she take a Versa test drive. She bought the first Versa the dealer sold. Impressive power w/6spd, fun to drive & great interior room & materials. The BAD: A/C compressor failed 2nd day. Took factory 1 month to replace. A/C now sounds like a dentist's drill @3000 RPM. TIRE PRESSURE MONITORING SYSTEM {TPM):Has been in Dealer shop for re- set 3 times in 2 months w/no low/high tire pressure detected. Consider an extended warranty if this problem is not addressed under a Nissan re-call. Online correspondence reflects an ongoing TPM problem among Versa owners. Hopefully Nissan will address this ongoing problem. $100 cost per re-set.

I love my new Versa!
By Melissa on 09/28/06 08:10 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I took my 2005 Nissan Sentra 1.8 in for warranty service (rear brake drums needed replaced at 8563 miles! =( ) and walked over to the showroom while waiting for my car to be worked on. I took a test drive of the new Versa, and fell in love! I brought my new Versa home last night, and can't wait to get in it and drive some more! The shifter takes some getting used to as I have only ever driven a standard-H pattern manual before, but it's so much fun! My children have more room in the backseat now, and the seats are very cushy and comfy! I had to go with a lower model - no cruise control like I had in the Sentra - but since I hardly used it anyway, no major loss! Great job Nissan!

Great Small Car
By NJ Versa on 09/27/06 16:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Affordable. Packed with features, space, and technology/amenities you won't find anywhere else... and trust me I looked. Unbelievable value for the money.

Love it!
By jmagill on 09/26/06 09:18 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I researched all the small hatchbacks/wagons. Vibe, Scion, Fit. The Versa gets good gas mileage. I drive mostly highway at around 70 and am averaging 32 MPG. I live in the mountains and have no problem with power or curves. This car is roomy and comfortable/ My 6'5" husband has no problems with fit. I am more than pleased and would make the purchase again. Loved the price!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.