Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Love my Versa
By JazyJc

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

It was between the Versa and the Honda Fit. I was impressed with the Versa from the beginning. Interior space and overall comfort can't be beat. Everyone who rides in my car comments on the comfort, even in the back seat. The ride is smooth and quiet, the interior feels high end. Plenty of power on fwy and hills. Sound system is good. Love the safety ratings. Didn't get the suggested MPG until about 900 miles in, so hang in there. I am very happy with this car.

Bluetooth phone is awesome. Love the intelligent key (but don't lose it $$$) CVT is really smooth.

Remote hatchback release. Getting picky here, but I wish there had been an available upgrade to GPS/DVD for the stereo.

2007 Nissan Versa CVT Hatchback
By Bill Holz

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I drive this car to work 3 days a week using my '96 Honda Civic coupe the other 2 days. I've had no problems with my Versa and I am very satisfied with it. It's much more comfortable and roomey than my Honda but the acceleration is not quick as the Honda which is manual shift. The Nissan Versa CVT Hatchback is a solid, quality, comfortable car. A sensible purchase well worth the price.

My favorite features are the distinctive exterior styling and comfortable and roomey interior. I like that the radio volume goes down slightly when you stop at a light. The CVT transmission can't be beat. It runs very smooth and quietly and when in idle you don't realize it's still running.

I would like it if the air conditioner could crank out the cold air quicker. My last car was a '96 Honda civic and the cold air came out instantly.

Great Family Car/Daily Driver in one
By Virginia Gentleman

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Great car, cool looking, hatchback is cooler looking but I like the huge trunk room of the sedan. Rides great for econ car, better than most mid size cars. Lots of room for long legged people. Acceleration is good, not that I really care about that, the car has lots of options and standard options I like. Best looking car of its class, very modern look. It is Our 1st Nissan and so far we are very impressed. Easy to park, even in city. Ride is nice , I have a bad back so I feel all the bumps on the road and it is the only econ car that I have ridden in that doesn't cause me undue pain, and comfy seats, and head doesn't hit roof when on bumpy roads like some econ cars. THE BEST.

Where should I start, there is so much, Leg room, tilt steering, stereo, remote keys, Trunk space, power windows/locks/mirrors, lots of standard options, that are extra on other cars. Ride, comfy seats don't feel like sitting on cloth covered bricks. Adjustable seat belts. Roomy feel.

Middle arm rests or partial console, as a standard feature would be nice. CVT, keyless/trunk/doors remote.

Better for families than Fit or Corolla
By jw

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great little car. We looked at the Honda Fit and the Toyota Corolla. We were impressed with the versatility of the Fit and the reliability of the Corolla, but we're very glad we bought this Versa sedan. We're a family of 5: three kids between the ages of 6 and 11. Our Versa has the same rear legroom as our Mercury Sable, no kidding. It just seems so spacious! Much roomier & more comfortable than the Fit or Corolla. Rated safer than those cars too. We regularly get an average of 32 mpg in mixed driving (with 3 kids and their stuff!) -- no complaints there. True, resale value won't be as high as Honda or Toyota, but our Versa was at least $2000 less to buy!

Comfortable seating, seems "high" for such a small car -- good visibility. Our kids actually found the S more comfortable than the SL. Interior quality noticeably higher than other subcompacts. Very good (but not excellent) gas mileage. Rides comfortably like a much larger car.

Why cruise control was not given as an option on 2007 S models is beyond me. Has been addressed in 2008 models, thankfully. Power Package really should be standard. I've driven stick shift for a long time and I have a love/hate relationship with this one... it's somewhat clunky.

Nissan Versa SL
By ciara hanley

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The main reason I bought this car was because of the advertised gas mileage on the sticker. I'm lucky if I get 20 miles per gallon in the city and I'm only getting 30 miles on the highway. The sales people emphasized how great the fuel economy was but I guess none of them own one. I think Nissan should give a more accurate fuel economy rating especially with the high cost of gas. They're misleading people. The car is comfortable to sit in and to drive.

The pump seat on the SL. Smooth ride.

Redesign the glove compartment so it is wider rather than deeper. It is hard to reach in and find things and the little cubicle in the front is too small to hold even a map. It's basically useless. Also, it would be much better to have the back seats fold down flat.