Used 2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

No-hassle, Low-cost Daily Driver
By SanDiego999

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my Versa for about seven months, and I have been delighted with it so far. My previous car was a BMW 3, which was getting too expensive to own. Obviously the Versa doesn't have the performance capabilities of the BMW, but I still find it fun to drive in daily use. I special-ordered mine with ABS, and I am glad I did -- I have felt it kick-in when stopping quickly on wet pavement. I test-drove the auto transmission and liked it, but the CVT makes the engine nearly silent in city driving and makes the process of going up hills much more pleasant. My gas mileage averages 28 in 50% heavy city traffic and hilly terrain. Our other car, a VW Golf auto, gets 22 mpg on the same routes.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats; high stance provides a secure feel on the SUV-populated road; quiet and smooth ride; easiest car to parallel-park I have ever owned; good sounding and easy to use stereo; spacious back seat; large side mirrors contribute to good visibility; CVT feel; high ground clearance.

Suggested Improvements

Make ABS standard; improve interior lighting (difficult to put key into the ignition at night); add option for fold down rear seat cushions to provide a flat cargo area; make dashboard in fewer pieces to reduce creaks and reduce chances of future rattles; make front headrest more adjustable fore/aft.

Good Purchase
By Charlene

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the SL with the CVT. It is so much fun to drive this car. I am already getting 32 MPG. I love the interior room too. I have only had the car for 3 days but I can already tell this was a smart decision to buy this car. If you're looking for good mileage and reliability, this little gem is worth a look.

Favorite Features

The CVT and the seats are really comfortable!!

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I could suggest is that the cup holder is a little awkwardly placed to reach the drinks but that is not a big deal for me!

A great little car
By Peter

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Probably the best small car I have ever owned - and in my 80+ years I have owned a lot. It's fun to drive, as evidenced by the fact that I have driven it 5000 miles in 4 months. Rides well, handles well, lots of extras for its price. I can't say enough good things about it.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride; 6 disk CD player; radio control on steering wheel; Bluetooth ready; lots of pep when you need it.

Suggested Improvements

Mileage disappointing, not as advertised. Have trouble getting 30 MPG. Blind spot on left side.

Happy we got it!
By alb&rav

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Our 5dr SL is a very comfortable car. The rear seat legroom is excellent! I really enjoy the smoothness of the CVT. The handling is surprising also. I'm used to driving high performance sports cars, and this vehicle makes me feel at home behind the wheel. BRAVO Nissan!

Favorite Features

Roominess, fuel economy, iPod connector, CVT.

Suggested Improvements

Could use 4-wheel disc brakes.

Fun, Peppy, Economical, Just What I Need
By stormee

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I've only had my Versa for a week. 774 miles on it so far. I needed economy and comfort for my commute to work and traded in my NIssan Quest minivan that I bought new in 1996. It had 193,000 miles on it. I hope I can get as many miles on the Versa. I drove in the hills and hollows of Indiana last week and the power for getting up the steep hills was phenomenal. I have had other 4 cylinder vehicles that didn't perform on those same hills nearly as well. I was hoping to get better mileage than 25 but perhaps on my next tank I will do better. I need to slow down to 65 mph instead of driving 80 which is very easy to do in this car without even realizing it. I think I'm driving a racecar.

Favorite Features

Quietness inside, 6 speed manual, comfort, cargo space, leg room both front and back seats, economy.

Suggested Improvements

Quiet the motor.