Used 2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 220 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

The great Nissan
By Russ

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Well, this is my first new car, and I chose this one. I love it. It drives great, looks sexy and it is so safe. I think that I'll be very happy in this car for a long, long time!

The feel of it.

More standard selections for the S model.

No-hassle, Low-cost Daily Driver
By SanDiego999

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I have owned my Versa for about seven months, and I have been delighted with it so far. My previous car was a BMW 3, which was getting too expensive to own. Obviously the Versa doesn't have the performance capabilities of the BMW, but I still find it fun to drive in daily use. I special-ordered mine with ABS, and I am glad I did -- I have felt it kick-in when stopping quickly on wet pavement. I test-drove the auto transmission and liked it, but the CVT makes the engine nearly silent in city driving and makes the process of going up hills much more pleasant. My gas mileage averages 28 in 50% heavy city traffic and hilly terrain. Our other car, a VW Golf auto, gets 22 mpg on the same routes.

Comfortable seats; high stance provides a secure feel on the SUV-populated road; quiet and smooth ride; easiest car to parallel-park I have ever owned; good sounding and easy to use stereo; spacious back seat; large side mirrors contribute to good visibility; CVT feel; high ground clearance.

Make ABS standard; improve interior lighting (difficult to put key into the ignition at night); add option for fold down rear seat cushions to provide a flat cargo area; make dashboard in fewer pieces to reduce creaks and reduce chances of future rattles; make front headrest more adjustable fore/aft.

Good Purchase
By Charlene

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought the SL with the CVT. It is so much fun to drive this car. I am already getting 32 MPG. I love the interior room too. I have only had the car for 3 days but I can already tell this was a smart decision to buy this car. If you're looking for good mileage and reliability, this little gem is worth a look.

The CVT and the seats are really comfortable!!

The only thing that I could suggest is that the cup holder is a little awkwardly placed to reach the drinks but that is not a big deal for me!

A great little car
By Peter

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Probably the best small car I have ever owned - and in my 80+ years I have owned a lot. It's fun to drive, as evidenced by the fact that I have driven it 5000 miles in 4 months. Rides well, handles well, lots of extras for its price. I can't say enough good things about it.

Comfortable ride; 6 disk CD player; radio control on steering wheel; Bluetooth ready; lots of pep when you need it.

Mileage disappointing, not as advertised. Have trouble getting 30 MPG. Blind spot on left side.

Happy we got it!
By alb&rav

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Our 5dr SL is a very comfortable car. The rear seat legroom is excellent! I really enjoy the smoothness of the CVT. The handling is surprising also. I'm used to driving high performance sports cars, and this vehicle makes me feel at home behind the wheel. BRAVO Nissan!

Roominess, fuel economy, iPod connector, CVT.

Could use 4-wheel disc brakes.