Used 2007 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Major and Minor issues
By EJM

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

OK for the first year. Issues with quality include a broken gas latch and hood release, which the dealership said wasn't under warranty. No big problem until the CVT started acting up with less than 40K miles. Seems to get stuck in a high gear and has NO acceleration/power when starting out and sometimes after I've stopped at a light. Makes left turns very dangerous as there is literally no acceleration despite my foot being on the floor, RPMs up near red line. My wife couldn't even back out of our drive as it didn't have enough power to make it up the hill despite trying for almost 10 minutes. Dealer won't fix the problem b/c they can't get it to register a problem on the computer.

bluetooth is nice and gas mileage is okay (I get 28-30 city and 30-35 highway)

better build quality; fix the transmission; better yet, dump the CVT as they don't seem very reliable despite Nissan recently increasing their CVT warranty to 100K miles, doesn't help when service dept won't honor the warranty. This will likely be my last Nissan. We've had better luck with Kia!

From 98 Corolla to 07 Versa
By Bill

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Wanted to update my car into this decade before it's too late...Didn't like the Corolla design this time and the Versa just felt right.

Loved the look of the interior and the size of the exterior for tight parking.

HUBCAPS! Bought my car on Friday and lost the hubcap on my Monday freeway commute..Never had this problem with Toyota! Also needs better gas mileage. 98 Corolla got better MPGs than a smaller car 9 years newer! Turn signals need to be more prominent as have had problems on freeway with lane changes.

The good the bad &the ugly!
By lee866

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Well,bought the car in January 07.Refused to buy the cvt transmission as it was untested. Man am i glad reading the other reviews. Seems these cvt's are junk!Our 5 speed auto runs great. We get 30mpg city summer/winter. Traded a5yr old Xterra which was a great car with bad mileage. The only trouble we have had is in getting the underbody wash at the car wash in the winter.Water got into the fuel tank breather and froze solid. Dealership replaced everything under warranty including the charcoal canister. Don't get the underbody spray anymore! Weird smell when you turn on heater. Taking it back for clunk in front end. Whole front just feels loose. All in all half the price of the Xterra twice the mileage

Good mileage, reliable

What do you want for a cheap car. We feel we got what we paid for.

40 Thousand and going
By SEChpman

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Use this car as my get to work car( 60 miles) and tight parking car. Have a Nissan Quest also. Have driven this car hard, and at 40,000 miles it is going great. I got it at a good price, just like my other Nissan. This car is designed to be left alone( except for fluid changes) for a long time. Oh, and if you lose a hubcap it will cost you over 60 dollars ( rip)!

Handles great, does not seem to light in heavy weather. I get 30 miles to gallon all around miles of hard driving. Six gears does the job!I would buy all of my teenage drivers ( 3 in all) one of these if I had the cash.

Windows should come tinted a little more. Better hub cap design( don't use plastic clips).

DON'T BUY IT!
By iadss77

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with fuel mileage in mind. I sacrificed ride and comfort for what I thought was going to be great mileage. Bottom line, big mistake! I live in Iowa and during winter my average mileage was 16 city and 24 hwy, now that it's summer I am getting 18 city, 26 hwy which is a full 10 mpg under what it was suppose to be. I am also experiencing problems with the check engine light coming on and losing power at higher speeds. I can not trust this car on the interstates. It rides rough too. Bottom line very bad mistake!

The radio is good!

Keep the radio, send the rest to the crusher!