Used 2007 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

From 98 Corolla to 07 Versa
By Bill

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Wanted to update my car into this decade before it's too late...Didn't like the Corolla design this time and the Versa just felt right.

Favorite Features

Loved the look of the interior and the size of the exterior for tight parking.

Suggested Improvements

HUBCAPS! Bought my car on Friday and lost the hubcap on my Monday freeway commute..Never had this problem with Toyota! Also needs better gas mileage. 98 Corolla got better MPGs than a smaller car 9 years newer! Turn signals need to be more prominent as have had problems on freeway with lane changes.

The good the bad &the ugly!
By lee866

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Well,bought the car in January 07.Refused to buy the cvt transmission as it was untested. Man am i glad reading the other reviews. Seems these cvt's are junk!Our 5 speed auto runs great. We get 30mpg city summer/winter. Traded a5yr old Xterra which was a great car with bad mileage. The only trouble we have had is in getting the underbody wash at the car wash in the winter.Water got into the fuel tank breather and froze solid. Dealership replaced everything under warranty including the charcoal canister. Don't get the underbody spray anymore! Weird smell when you turn on heater. Taking it back for clunk in front end. Whole front just feels loose. All in all half the price of the Xterra twice the mileage

Favorite Features

Good mileage, reliable

Suggested Improvements

What do you want for a cheap car. We feel we got what we paid for.

40 Thousand and going
By SEChpman

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Use this car as my get to work car( 60 miles) and tight parking car. Have a Nissan Quest also. Have driven this car hard, and at 40,000 miles it is going great. I got it at a good price, just like my other Nissan. This car is designed to be left alone( except for fluid changes) for a long time. Oh, and if you lose a hubcap it will cost you over 60 dollars ( rip)!

Favorite Features

Handles great, does not seem to light in heavy weather. I get 30 miles to gallon all around miles of hard driving. Six gears does the job!I would buy all of my teenage drivers ( 3 in all) one of these if I had the cash.

Suggested Improvements

Windows should come tinted a little more. Better hub cap design( don't use plastic clips).

DON'T BUY IT!
By iadss77

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with fuel mileage in mind. I sacrificed ride and comfort for what I thought was going to be great mileage. Bottom line, big mistake! I live in Iowa and during winter my average mileage was 16 city and 24 hwy, now that it's summer I am getting 18 city, 26 hwy which is a full 10 mpg under what it was suppose to be. I am also experiencing problems with the check engine light coming on and losing power at higher speeds. I can not trust this car on the interstates. It rides rough too. Bottom line very bad mistake!

Favorite Features

The radio is good!

Suggested Improvements

Keep the radio, send the rest to the crusher!

Nice At First But Two Years Later.......
By Rebecca

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This was the first car I ever bought brand new. I wanted something roomy that got good gas mileage. The car was great at first but after 15,000 miles the breaks create massive amounts of dust that make the car squeal loud everytime I break. The hubcaps are cheap and fall off and the dealership took advantage of the fact that I did not know how much hubcaps cost and charged me $65.... for one. Every now and then the car won't start. I try again and then it will start. The MPG is okay but has decreased severly at 37,000 miles. My biggest issue is the tire pressure. My tires loose about 8 pounds every week. I refill them and within a week they have lost pressure again. Very Aggravating.

Favorite Features

I like the interior and trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

Better Tires, Ceramic Breaks that don't create break dust, and Quality Hubcaps. Make the sedans have the availability of folding the seats down too.