Used 2007 Nissan Versa Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Good starter car but never again!
By werolln_dyhatn

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Been driving the 07 hatchback for 7 years now- this was my first new car that I paid for myself. It's fun to drive (as are all manual transmission cars) but it lacks hp & zip. Mpg is good if you stay under 60 mph but if you have a lead foot like me, good luck. Hubcaps flew off after year 1. Someone stole the antenna tip on year 2. Tires seem to have the insane will to stay flat- I don't know how often I've had to patch them up and they have the propensity to find all sharp objects and impale themselves on it. Tires have been routinely changed every year because of that. Rotors changed after 4 years. Battery after 3 years. Immaculate maintenance on my part can't help this vehicle.

6 speed manual transmission. Roomy back seat.

Bigger tires. Muffler and gas flap are both crappy- had to change the muffler at year 5 (it fell off), the gas flap won't completely close. More zip!

A HOT car...as in on fire....
By rhaines

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

#1 - 2 days ago this car spontaneously combusted. It appears something went wrong in the electrical. #2 Previously replaced drive shaft sensor and fuel pump in the 1.5 years I owned it. #3 wife backed into car @ less than 5 mph....caused $1,500 + damage. Easily falls apart. No get up and go. Left my family sitting watching it burn up. Wish I never bought this car. Also no heat / AC for the rear. My son nearly froze / over heated because there is no air vent in the back. The front air vents do not produce enough air to supply the back seats with the proper temperature. He had to ride with blankets in the winter with the heat on.

Bluetooth Other than previously listed problems, reliable car.

Not so easy to fall apart. Don't randomly catch ablaze. Maybe come with a fire extinguisher. More power - many other 4 cylinder vehicles have plenty more power. Something is wrong here. Have air for the rear seats.

My second review
By bstern92

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Okay, so it's been a little less than a year since my first review and I felt like giving an update. I get 27 mpg with mixed driving and some hard accelerating and I get 35 mpg with a light foot. The steering wheel's lowest setting is too high for my liking and the material is really slippery; it makes it hard to turn with one hand. There isn't a lot of leg room in the driver's seat for me. I have 90k on it and not one problem. Am I still happy with my Versa? Yes, even with these drawbacks, I still like my Versa a lot. I get great MPG and despite the leg room, it is very comfy. I get great use out of the hatch and the folding rear seats. Also, you can't beat the price of it.

Folding rear seats. Hatch.

Cup holder placement. Steering wheel position and material. More leg room.

Love the car
By bobjeeps

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Love the car after 60,000 miles 5 & 1/2 years. I'm still amazed how smooth it runs with the CVT transmission. I've had to replaced the a/c heater blower motor, OAD alternator wheel pulley. I had a condensation leak inside the car. It cost me $560 to fix it. They needed to extend the condensation pipe to draw out the condensation. This is the only item, I feel was no fault of mine, that Nissan should have fixed it for free.

Ride, gas millage, comfort. Having a bad back it's very easy to get in and out of this small car.

Would like to see more room in the hatchback. When folding down the back seat it doesn't lay flat with the back floor, the rear door opening is such an odd shape can't get anything big and square inside. Cargo net? Forget the tachometer, give me a temperature gauge.

very reliable
By rm68818

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

this is a great car for the price. i bought mine at 50k and now have over 100k on it and have only had ONE issue the muffler broke at the pipe it would have cost 150 for a new stock muffler or 30 to repair the original but i went to ebay and got an after market crome muffler for 30 deliverd. ive done regular maintenace and ive changed front brakes. i use synthetic oil and only change it every 10-12 thousand miles.the car even has the original battery. one thing i think could be better is gas mileage i only get about 26-27 avg. and for a 1.8L engine it could be better but it runs great and has no problems. doesnt have cruise control which i find very odd for a 2007 but oh well great car

very dependable very!!!

cruise control as a standard option