2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
A good car at a great price
By bstern92 on 08/23/12 18:55 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought the Versa from the original owner and it now has 84,000 miles on it. All in all it was a great buy. You can't beat the price of the Versa. Since I have a bad back it was hard to find a car with a seat that was super comfortable besides my friend's Volvo, but obviously I couldn't afford that and the Versa is the only other car that gives me complete pain relief. Has more interior room than my dad's Acura TSX. Gas mileage is great, but the gas tank is small so don't let the gas gauge fool you. Some negatives are the acceleration and has lots of body roll. The thing I hate the most is not having a middle armrest. Cup holders are awkward. Cruise control isn't standard. No trunk button

DON'T EVER BUY A VERSA!
By horriableversa on 11/17/11 14:03 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My mom got this car brand new in 2007 with less than 20 miles on it. I got the car when I was 16. It was an ok car at first than my mom hit a tire busted the oil pan and transmission pan. After that I lost two hub caps, my key was stuck in the ignition, my front bumper had fallen off numerous of times. It's made of pure plastic I will say that much. The 3 button on the radio fell off, my dash got stuck shut, the car sucks in the rain, it eats tires on the front two, sucks gas, you need to change the oil more often than usual. Some guy backed into my front end the other week tore it plum off. insurance says their is no way the car was in park, I would say more but their is not enough room!

Great First Car
By sublex on 06/30/11 13:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car for my high school-aged daughter in July 2007. It is approaching four years old and she has put only 25K miles on it. It has held up well to her abuse. The first year, she blew two tires running into curbs, bent one rim, and backed into another car at the grocery store. We did have problems losing hubcaps. After replacing two and losing two more, I decided to invest in a set of alloy wheels. Well worth the $350 investment not having to worry about those hubcaps anymore. Considering all this, the car has been to the dealer only for normal maintenance (except for the visit to the body shop). Although, the last few months, I've noticed the white paint is starting to yellow.

Versa has many problems!
By birdgirl999 on 05/12/11 16:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a new, 2007 Nissan Versa in July 2007. One month later, I experienced trouble starting the car. It took at least 5 cranks at a few seconds each to get the engine to turn over. They replaced the fuel pump assembly six times between Aug 2007 and May 2011. I sent Nissan a letter and only received a voicemail response. I noticed the problem would occur on cold starts, after the car sat for at least a couple hours. And was more common during cold weather months. Nonetheless, a new car should not have problems like this! I've also had other problems - all the hubcaps have been replaced, as they fell off! Don't buy a Versa. Do some research and save your time and money.

HOW DOES THIS EVEN HAPPEN?
By mpf2007 on 01/25/11 01:33 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

okay so I received a 2007 Nissan Versa for christmas in 2006 - nice gift huh? WRONG. I drove the car to the grocery store and was dropping my fiance off at the house. He grabbed the bags & when he shut the door ALL OF THE AIRBAGS IN MYCAR DEPLOYED IN MY FACE! I was pissed went to the nissan dealership & it took 9 MONTHS TO FIX IT To make matters even worse when I got to the nissan dealership they tried to hand me the bill & make me pay it when the corporate office said it was warrantied add that to the jacked up transmission horrible quality of the plastic & metal,broken tire pressure sensor & o2 sensor brake light wiring issues and nissan & theyre cheap car can go to you know where

love my versa
By barb2783 on 01/22/11 07:49 AM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought my versa 3.5 years ago & have put 100,000 miles on it. Get 30 to 32 miles per gallon on inner state. Things I like about the versa are its smooth ride, easy handling, & space. Feel like you are in a midsize car. Back seats fold down so there's alot of room for hauling things. Only expenses we have experienced are regular maintenance costs. Problems we have experienced are losing the wheel covers & low tire pressure stays on all the time. Remedied wheel cover problem by removing wheel covers ourselves. The plastic clips are cheap & break easily when not removed carefully. Haven't lost a wheel cover since. Low tire pressure stays on even though tire pressure is correct. Love my versa

Best car I ever owned
By Magida on 10/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My son, who owned a GM car that always ends up in a garage, would always borrow my car when his is not available. He said my Versa drives like a go-cart! He said the comment's a compliment--meaning the car handles the road very well, even when turning tight corners. I have to agree that this car handles the road well. That's just one of the great things about this car. It also saves gas, comfortable and the visibility inside while driving is just so great! Ever since I got it, the only thing that has been change were filters and oil. Probably,I have to change brake pads according to the manual. I'll definitely going to buy another one when the time comes.

Great Car all around
By Shawnn on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I'm in real estate and needed something to get me all over the place. I selected the Versa because I have always liked a hatchback, and it's gas mileage is top notch. I purchased the SL and it was worth the extra for the keyless ignition, CVT transmission and alloys. I really enjoy this car. I see lesser competition all over, the Fit is TINY in comparison, my parents purchased a Chevy Aveo, and that car is cheap. The Yaris doesn't have the interior room. I routinely average 33.5 MPG and that is with a mix of city and freeway driving, has (knock on wood) never wanted to go visit the service department, except for oil, and tires!! I love this car.

Versa/Kenny Ross
By Heflynn on 08/24/10 13:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Bought new with 17 miles on it. I drive it back and forth to work, no off road, nor do I have a passenger the majority of the time. Here is what has been replaced. Strut bearings, struts, intermediate steering column (noise came back so it is going back again) rotors, rotors turned, fuel pressure regulator, oxygen sensor, rear defrost (twice), muffler has rusted off. This part is not covered under my extended warranty and it will cost around 2000.00 to fix. I have had no issue with the dealership that I bought it from, they are great just a bad product to be selling. The servicing dealership Kenny Ross, horrible service. There is not enough space to explain how terrible my experience was.

Good, but not great
By Ron R on 05/25/10 08:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this for my daughter to drive in the future, and it has a lot of good things, but as we use it, find a few disappointments. After only three years (just out of warranty) I learn that replacing a taillight costs over $100. Replace or add a key: $200. Scuff marks are hard to remove, there is a lot of plastic. We like the features, although selection was limited, I guess this is common now. It also advertised a little better mileage than I get which is @27 mpg.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.