2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Fun to drive and good stability
By Luis Estupinian on 09/17/06 20:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I drove for about three hours in variable conditions and I felt this car comfortable and safe in many driving situations, nice turning in curves on the highways and good turns in the city, it has wide windshield that provides good visibility.

Small car with a big car feel
By Charlie Jensen on 09/12/06 09:58 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I was looking for a good gas mileage car to replace my old gas hog, and hadn't even heard about the Versa. After driving a Sentra (which I thought was cramped and slow) the salesman suggested the Versa. I loved this car as soon as I drove it. Others in the class don't even compare in terms of interior room, quiet & smooth ride, and a surprisingly peppy 1.8L engine. I chose the SL line with 6M, but I also drove the CVT, which was very cool. Lots standard features on the SL. The convenience package & audio upgrade package are worth considering. Materials and workmanship are excellent. If you're looking for a great commuter car that's a great ride and fun to drive, the Versa is a great choice.

mostly pleased, but...
By tab00 on 09/11/06 16:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Being my first ever new car (I'm 34) I did not know what to expect, overall I have been very pleased, with one caveat. The interior is really quite great. The fabric and materials are very good. The audio (standard package for the SL) is nice, it wont blow you away but it sounds very good. The ride is generally very quiet. The Sound Sensitive Audio is a great feature as is the Bluetooth and keyless entry/ignition. The phone mike needs to be more sensitive to pick up my voice. The keyless ignition and entry took some getting used to but it is well worth the bucks. My big complaint is mileage, sticker says 30/34. After 2500 miles and a dealer check up I get 22/26, sub-par for a car of this size

Husband stole my car!
By sherikay26 on 09/10/06 07:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I bought this car for a run around car since it has great gas mileage. My Husband drives a Truck and has said he would never down size to a car I have had this car for a little over a month and I have only driven it three times because my husband had to take it one day while his truck tire was being fixed and now he takes it every day. He is considering trading his truck in for another Versa. We are very pleased with the power it has.

From a Buick to a Versa
By Jack Beun on 08/31/06 12:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I traded an '03 Buick Century for the Versa and I don't feel that I've given up much in the way of comfort. I am a young 64 years old and I enjoy the way the car handles. The ride is surprisingly smooth and quiet and the build quality is excellent. My only disappointment so far is the gas mileage. I have only used one tank, but my combined city-highway mileage was 25.5 mpg. Hopefully this will improve a bit. All in all though, I am very happy with this car.

Good News; Bad News
By Beatnoe on 08/28/06 15:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

First the good news: 1. The CVT transmission is fantastic. 2. Abundant interior room. 3. Good sound system. 4. Superb comfort. Now the bad news: 1. There is a serious blind spot caused by the design and slope of the roofline. One must use extreme caution backing out of parking spaces and/or swithching lanes. 2. I have not been able to achieve better than 25 mpg around town or 31 mpg on the highway. This is a major disappointment. 3. At 1,100 miles the low tire warning light malfunctioned and will not go off. I have waited over a month for a replacement module. Will other parts be difficult for my dealer to obtain? Bottom line: My next car will be a Toyota.

Great Car!
By HevyDevyHead on 08/28/06 07:01 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I absolutely love this car. Had one on order for longer than a month and now that I finally have it, I know I made a great decision. It feels more like a car that should cost $27k and is the smoothest riding vehicle I have even ridden in. Seats are nice and plush. Stereo sounds great and I love the aux input jack. The driver's seat offers a great view of the road and the backseat is huge.

Super Fun Ride!!!
By Connecticut on 08/27/06 11:15 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This car is so much fun to drive! Every time I get in it I am smiling!! It has plenty of get up and go, and you need to keep your eye on the speedometer, or you will be exceeding the speed limit without knowing it!! Smooth, quiet ride, and handles great!!! LOVE IT!!!

Excellent
By Gajas on 08/24/06 17:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The car engine is very good. Mileage is not that what they advertise but it is definitely worth buying the car especially if you are not looking for anything which is fancy. Interior is very comfortable and airy and has lots of space. The car design is different than new versions like Fit and 2007 Hatchback of Hyundai but it is different and unique.

Nissan winning me over
By Wilkesboro on 08/23/06 10:53 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 SL 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

2007 Versa 1.8SL is good value for the money. I rated all 9's on survey but reserving final rating until I have driven 3k miles. Compared Civic and the Yaris. We didn't like the base model and the upgrade to SL gave us the power features and the sweet CVT transmission. Felt weird at first driving the new transmission (no winding of the transmission gears) but I like it now. I had my first 126 mile road trip yesterday and it was even better on the highway. Safety features are really nice with all the airbags and antilock breaks. Car lines are good and backseat has plenty of leg room for an adult. The 6 CD stereo sounds excellent with nice button layout. Handling and ride is above average

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.