Used 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

40 Thousand and going
By SEChpman

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Use this car as my get to work car( 60 miles) and tight parking car. Have a Nissan Quest also. Have driven this car hard, and at 40,000 miles it is going great. I got it at a good price, just like my other Nissan. This car is designed to be left alone( except for fluid changes) for a long time. Oh, and if you lose a hubcap it will cost you over 60 dollars ( rip)!

Favorite Features

Handles great, does not seem to light in heavy weather. I get 30 miles to gallon all around miles of hard driving. Six gears does the job!I would buy all of my teenage drivers ( 3 in all) one of these if I had the cash.

Suggested Improvements

Windows should come tinted a little more. Better hub cap design( don't use plastic clips).

This Car is OKAY....
By adensmommie

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I was searching for a car for two weeks and came up on this 07' Versa...I test drove it(not having driven manual in awhile) and I liked the feel of the car. I also got a good deal on it too. After the first week, the car felt like it was gonna die on me when I would turned on the AC and it shook a lot. Also the engine is REALLY LOUD!!! I was in 6th gear at 3500 RPMS doing 70 MPH and the engine sounded even more loud. My 92' eclipse had better gas mileage than this car, I would need to fill my tank every week and I only work 10 minutes away from my house. I like the look of this car but not for gas mileage and for a manual vehicle. I am currently looking to trade this car in...

Favorite Features

inside interior looks nice, lots of room space for a car that looks small on the outside. Sound system sounds good.

Suggested Improvements

engine is too loud, gas mileage needs to be improved and also needs to improve manual engine.

Nice fit, bad ride
By Steve J

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

The interior space in this is amazing! I have a 36" inseam, not too many cars fit my legs. After time, the headroom is even more impressive. The hp is fine, more than enough, doesn't get great mileage for a small car. Bad speakers, replace those. Also the cornering at speeds over 50 is awful! Still a great value, but I will trade it in as soon as I have enough equity in it.

Favorite Features

Headroom, price, power.

Suggested Improvements

Better speakers in the front, they need to offer a stability package.

Better for families than Fit or Corolla
By jw

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

This is a great little car. We looked at the Honda Fit and the Toyota Corolla. We were impressed with the versatility of the Fit and the reliability of the Corolla, but we're very glad we bought this Versa sedan. We're a family of 5: three kids between the ages of 6 and 11. Our Versa has the same rear legroom as our Mercury Sable, no kidding. It just seems so spacious! Much roomier & more comfortable than the Fit or Corolla. Rated safer than those cars too. We regularly get an average of 32 mpg in mixed driving (with 3 kids and their stuff!) -- no complaints there. True, resale value won't be as high as Honda or Toyota, but our Versa was at least $2000 less to buy!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating, seems "high" for such a small car -- good visibility. Our kids actually found the S more comfortable than the SL. Interior quality noticeably higher than other subcompacts. Very good (but not excellent) gas mileage. Rides comfortably like a much larger car.

Suggested Improvements

Why cruise control was not given as an option on 2007 S models is beyond me. Has been addressed in 2008 models, thankfully. Power Package really should be standard. I've driven stick shift for a long time and I have a love/hate relationship with this one... it's somewhat clunky.

Let's hear it for entry level cars!
By PF FLyer

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

It's about time that the market starts giving us cars that we don't need a second mortgage to own. The Versa is stylish and practical. Not a sports car by any stretch, but fun to drive. With over 1.5 million combined miles on our manual shift Nissans since 1979, I'll be very surpsied if any major issues crop up with the Versa. Feels very solid and positive on the road, and I'm getting 31 MPG combined. The leg room, front and back, is very surprising to everyone who has taken a drive with me. You sacrifice a bit of trunk space, but the fold down rear seats let you expand your storage when you need to. If solid, economical transportation is what you're after, the Versa might fit your bill.

Favorite Features

I like the functionality of the hatchback. Gas mileage does not disappoint! Interior space, both front and back is fantastic. I feel a bit more cramped behind the wheel of my 2001 Altima now.

Suggested Improvements

6th gear could be geared a bit higher. It just feels like I want to go into 7th gear at times. The gear shift itself could be a bit smoother and less clunky. Gas filler door on the right side of the car is something I'm adjusting to.