2007 Nissan Versa Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
DON'T EVER BUY A VERSA!
By horriableversa on 11/17/11 14:03 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My mom got this car brand new in 2007 with less than 20 miles on it. I got the car when I was 16. It was an ok car at first than my mom hit a tire busted the oil pan and transmission pan. After that I lost two hub caps, my key was stuck in the ignition, my front bumper had fallen off numerous of times. It's made of pure plastic I will say that much. The 3 button on the radio fell off, my dash got stuck shut, the car sucks in the rain, it eats tires on the front two, sucks gas, you need to change the oil more often than usual. Some guy backed into my front end the other week tore it plum off. insurance says their is no way the car was in park, I would say more but their is not enough room!

Great First Car
By sublex on 06/30/11 13:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car for my high school-aged daughter in July 2007. It is approaching four years old and she has put only 25K miles on it. It has held up well to her abuse. The first year, she blew two tires running into curbs, bent one rim, and backed into another car at the grocery store. We did have problems losing hubcaps. After replacing two and losing two more, I decided to invest in a set of alloy wheels. Well worth the $350 investment not having to worry about those hubcaps anymore. Considering all this, the car has been to the dealer only for normal maintenance (except for the visit to the body shop). Although, the last few months, I've noticed the white paint is starting to yellow.

Versa has many problems!
By birdgirl999 on 05/12/11 16:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a new, 2007 Nissan Versa in July 2007. One month later, I experienced trouble starting the car. It took at least 5 cranks at a few seconds each to get the engine to turn over. They replaced the fuel pump assembly six times between Aug 2007 and May 2011. I sent Nissan a letter and only received a voicemail response. I noticed the problem would occur on cold starts, after the car sat for at least a couple hours. And was more common during cold weather months. Nonetheless, a new car should not have problems like this! I've also had other problems - all the hubcaps have been replaced, as they fell off! Don't buy a Versa. Do some research and save your time and money.

WARNING!!! Do NOT Buy
By Me and my 2 Dollies on 03/14/10 20:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this car and drove it off the lot w/ under 50 miles on it. Was told would get 41 MPG even going 80 MPH. Most Ive gotten is 32 and that was 1 time. Hub caps broke off w/in 6 months. TOO expensive to replace. Most miles are freeway miles. Tires had to be replaced after 20000 miles. Serviced engine as required and engine went out on me at around 40000. Wasn't covered under warranty because I couldn't find 2 receipts. Paid $4800+ for new engine. 20000 miles later replacing it again. This time warranty is covering it. Car is not reliable. Very noisy inside even w/ the windows up. Would not recommend purchasing if wanting something reliable. Engine not reliable.

Major and Minor issues
By EJM on 02/27/10 14:51 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

OK for the first year. Issues with quality include a broken gas latch and hood release, which the dealership said wasn't under warranty. No big problem until the CVT started acting up with less than 40K miles. Seems to get stuck in a high gear and has NO acceleration/power when starting out and sometimes after I've stopped at a light. Makes left turns very dangerous as there is literally no acceleration despite my foot being on the floor, RPMs up near red line. My wife couldn't even back out of our drive as it didn't have enough power to make it up the hill despite trying for almost 10 minutes. Dealer won't fix the problem b/c they can't get it to register a problem on the computer.

From 98 Corolla to 07 Versa
By Bill on 10/04/09 11:04 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Wanted to update my car into this decade before it's too late...Didn't like the Corolla design this time and the Versa just felt right.

The good the bad &the ugly!
By lee866 on 10/02/09 21:10 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Well,bought the car in January 07.Refused to buy the cvt transmission as it was untested. Man am i glad reading the other reviews. Seems these cvt's are junk!Our 5 speed auto runs great. We get 30mpg city summer/winter. Traded a5yr old Xterra which was a great car with bad mileage. The only trouble we have had is in getting the underbody wash at the car wash in the winter.Water got into the fuel tank breather and froze solid. Dealership replaced everything under warranty including the charcoal canister. Don't get the underbody spray anymore! Weird smell when you turn on heater. Taking it back for clunk in front end. Whole front just feels loose. All in all half the price of the Xterra twice the mileage

40 Thousand and going
By SEChpman on 08/06/09 11:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Use this car as my get to work car( 60 miles) and tight parking car. Have a Nissan Quest also. Have driven this car hard, and at 40,000 miles it is going great. I got it at a good price, just like my other Nissan. This car is designed to be left alone( except for fluid changes) for a long time. Oh, and if you lose a hubcap it will cost you over 60 dollars ( rip)!

DON'T BUY IT!
By iadss77 on 08/04/09 13:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I bought this car with fuel mileage in mind. I sacrificed ride and comfort for what I thought was going to be great mileage. Bottom line, big mistake! I live in Iowa and during winter my average mileage was 16 city and 24 hwy, now that it's summer I am getting 18 city, 26 hwy which is a full 10 mpg under what it was suppose to be. I am also experiencing problems with the check engine light coming on and losing power at higher speeds. I can not trust this car on the interstates. It rides rough too. Bottom line very bad mistake!

Nice At First But Two Years Later.......
By Rebecca on 07/13/09 10:52 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

This was the first car I ever bought brand new. I wanted something roomy that got good gas mileage. The car was great at first but after 15,000 miles the breaks create massive amounts of dust that make the car squeal loud everytime I break. The hubcaps are cheap and fall off and the dealership took advantage of the fact that I did not know how much hubcaps cost and charged me $65.... for one. Every now and then the car won't start. I try again and then it will start. The MPG is okay but has decreased severly at 37,000 miles. My biggest issue is the tire pressure. My tires loose about 8 pounds every week. I refill them and within a week they have lost pressure again. Very Aggravating.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.