Used 2007 Nissan Versa Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa - Consumer Reviews

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Most Helpful|
DON'T EVER BUY A VERSA!
By horriableversa

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

My mom got this car brand new in 2007 with less than 20 miles on it. I got the car when I was 16. It was an ok car at first than my mom hit a tire busted the oil pan and transmission pan. After that I lost two hub caps, my key was stuck in the ignition, my front bumper had fallen off numerous of times. It's made of pure plastic I will say that much. The 3 button on the radio fell off, my dash got stuck shut, the car sucks in the rain, it eats tires on the front two, sucks gas, you need to change the oil more often than usual. Some guy backed into my front end the other week tore it plum off. insurance says their is no way the car was in park, I would say more but their is not enough room!

Favorite Features

Nothing, this car isn't worth the time nor money!

Suggested Improvements

Everything, axles are bad, dont make it out of plastic!!

Versa has many problems!
By birdgirl999

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased a new, 2007 Nissan Versa in July 2007. One month later, I experienced trouble starting the car. It took at least 5 cranks at a few seconds each to get the engine to turn over. They replaced the fuel pump assembly six times between Aug 2007 and May 2011. I sent Nissan a letter and only received a voicemail response. I noticed the problem would occur on cold starts, after the car sat for at least a couple hours. And was more common during cold weather months. Nonetheless, a new car should not have problems like this! I've also had other problems - all the hubcaps have been replaced, as they fell off! Don't buy a Versa. Do some research and save your time and money.

Favorite Features

The car looks awesome. The inside is roomy for its size.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the fuel pump issues, Nissan! Many drivers of the Versa are experiencing similar symptoms as the ones described above. A recall is in order. They need to treat their customers right, or they can expect to lose many of their otherwise loyal customers.

Major and Minor issues
By EJM

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 SL 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

OK for the first year. Issues with quality include a broken gas latch and hood release, which the dealership said wasn't under warranty. No big problem until the CVT started acting up with less than 40K miles. Seems to get stuck in a high gear and has NO acceleration/power when starting out and sometimes after I've stopped at a light. Makes left turns very dangerous as there is literally no acceleration despite my foot being on the floor, RPMs up near red line. My wife couldn't even back out of our drive as it didn't have enough power to make it up the hill despite trying for almost 10 minutes. Dealer won't fix the problem b/c they can't get it to register a problem on the computer.

Favorite Features

bluetooth is nice and gas mileage is okay (I get 28-30 city and 30-35 highway)

Suggested Improvements

better build quality; fix the transmission; better yet, dump the CVT as they don't seem very reliable despite Nissan recently increasing their CVT warranty to 100K miles, doesn't help when service dept won't honor the warranty. This will likely be my last Nissan. We've had better luck with Kia!

WARNING!!! Do NOT Buy
By Me and my 2 Dollies

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Purchased this car and drove it off the lot w/ under 50 miles on it. Was told would get 41 MPG even going 80 MPH. Most Ive gotten is 32 and that was 1 time. Hub caps broke off w/in 6 months. TOO expensive to replace. Most miles are freeway miles. Tires had to be replaced after 20000 miles. Serviced engine as required and engine went out on me at around 40000. Wasn't covered under warranty because I couldn't find 2 receipts. Paid $4800+ for new engine. 20000 miles later replacing it again. This time warranty is covering it. Car is not reliable. Very noisy inside even w/ the windows up. Would not recommend purchasing if wanting something reliable. Engine not reliable.

Suggested Improvements

Better warranty coverage. Cheaper plastic hub caps. Truth on the gas mileage. Quieter inside. Better engine in general. Just rebuild the whole thing from scratch.

Great First Car
By sublex

2007 Nissan Versa Sedan 1.8 S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 4A)

Bought this car for my high school-aged daughter in July 2007. It is approaching four years old and she has put only 25K miles on it. It has held up well to her abuse. The first year, she blew two tires running into curbs, bent one rim, and backed into another car at the grocery store. We did have problems losing hubcaps. After replacing two and losing two more, I decided to invest in a set of alloy wheels. Well worth the $350 investment not having to worry about those hubcaps anymore. Considering all this, the car has been to the dealer only for normal maintenance (except for the visit to the body shop). Although, the last few months, I've noticed the white paint is starting to yellow.

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage....plenty of interior room...good visibility

Suggested Improvements

Seems to be a problem with discoloring of the white paint. Also, would suggest including cruise control on the 'S' model. Assumed the car had this feature when I bought it, and was surprised when I discovered it didn't.