2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:
Good starter car but never again!
By werolln_dyhatn on 10/28/13 08:34 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Been driving the 07 hatchback for 7 years now- this was my first new car that I paid for myself. It's fun to drive (as are all manual transmission cars) but it lacks hp & zip. Mpg is good if you stay under 60 mph but if you have a lead foot like me, good luck. Hubcaps flew off after year 1. Someone stole the antenna tip on year 2. Tires seem to have the insane will to stay flat- I don't know how often I've had to patch them up and they have the propensity to find all sharp objects and impale themselves on it. Tires have been routinely changed every year because of that. Rotors changed after 4 years. Battery after 3 years. Immaculate maintenance on my part can't help this vehicle.

Versa/Kenny Ross
By Heflynn on 08/24/10 13:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Bought new with 17 miles on it. I drive it back and forth to work, no off road, nor do I have a passenger the majority of the time. Here is what has been replaced. Strut bearings, struts, intermediate steering column (noise came back so it is going back again) rotors, rotors turned, fuel pressure regulator, oxygen sensor, rear defrost (twice), muffler has rusted off. This part is not covered under my extended warranty and it will cost around 2000.00 to fix. I have had no issue with the dealership that I bought it from, they are great just a bad product to be selling. The servicing dealership Kenny Ross, horrible service. There is not enough space to explain how terrible my experience was.

Completely AWESOME
By zbaerenlovesme on 05/10/10 18:14 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Versa, and I'll be sad when I have to trade it in soon due to having another child. The one thing I don't like is that it won't fit three car seats ha ha ha. I have had negligible problems with my Versa. I have never "lost" a hubcap due to fly off or fall off, just to other versa owners STEALING them. I am surprised that another owner has expressed problem with the interior noise as I sometimes cannot tell if it is on or not it is so quiet. I have had it in the shop only for Nissan notified issues and regular maintenance. I agree, replacements hubcaps are too expensive. I get a reasonable gas mileage at 27 city, 33 highway.

2007 versa commuter
By garrett on 12/04/09 18:09 PM (PST)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I drive 100 miles daily and find the Versa to have good comfort. 4 big men can ride in it no problem. I like the 6 speed manual but a lot of time spent in stop and go traffic will leave you worn out. The only problems I've had is excessive cranking at startup. Took it to the dealer twice and they changed parts but couldn't fix the problem. I suspect a relay but it usually is no problem.

Great Car
By bscanlan on 10/15/09 19:48 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Just sold my 2007 Versa after 39000 miles and 38 months. I am sad to see it go as it was a great car. Inexpensive to buy, great mileage (32 mpg), reliable, and fun. I have never had a car with as good a drivers position and/or visibility. As a fun and well-built people mover, it has no equal; certainly not the Fit or Yaris; it is in a class by itself. It served me well and never complained. Good job Nissan. Thanks Versa.

Does what I bought it to do.
By mattman on 10/02/09 12:29 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

While I haven't reached sticker highest is 35 lowest is 29 in 20K miles with routine service (in NJ with crappy winter gas, traffic & horrible roads). I've had a few trim piece issues but that's it (haven't lost a hub). Bought it to carry lots of stuff (does), get good hwy mpg for my commute (does), comfortable seats (yep), cheap payment (you bet), not breakdown (doesn't). One errant pass airbag rattle that only comes out in winter would be my only nagging complaint, but even that is seasonal. Keep tires @ correct pressure and light won't come on; duh. Easy oil changes for the DIY types like myself. A- from me.

2007 Nissan versa
By rotty on 08/17/09 13:51 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Had problems with a squeaky steering wheel, they covered it under warranty. Also had problems with front struts clunking noise, they replaced the parts under warranty. Gas mileage is not that great. Also have problems with paint coming away in both back doors, have to take it to Nissan to have repainted. Also weatherstripping coming off back doors.

good car but could use improvement
By Nancy on 08/11/09 18:34 PM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my Versa hatchback in 9/06 after looking at the Matrix, Fit and Mazda 3. I have never had a problem starting the car, and I find it quite peppy and fun to drive. There are, however, the "little things" that have bothered me about this car that even an economy car shouldn't fall short on: 1. the tire pressure warning light has been on since day 2; 2. 4 wheel covers have fallen off due to low quality plastic pins; 3. the interior cabin gets quite hot from (i'm guessing) engine heat coming thru the ventilation system; and 4. trim pieces have come unglued. Finally, like other reviewers, I have also been disappointed by the gas mileage from this small car: typically 27 city; 30 hwy.

A very good car
By Didier on 08/16/08 07:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this car last year. After one year, I can say that I'm very very satisfying. Handling is good, even on snow, comfort excellent and gas mileage good too. I just replaced the air filter 3 days ago and the fuel economy is much better. The Versa is the best car I had in my life.

Disappointed with some things
By masonlane on 05/18/08 08:59 AM (PDT)

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

We've had our Versa for almost 2 years. Within the first 8 months, we lost a hubcap. No biggie, we replaced it. Three weeks later we lost another one. Nissan said it wasn't covered under the warranty! We've replaced a total of four BROKEN hubcaps (2 on the back passenger side fell off) and now a 5th one is ready to come off! The clips break & they don't go back on, except for the 2 that the center fell out and the ring stayed attached to the tire! Nissan says it's not a design flaw! Whatever!!! I've been driving for 20 years and prior to owning the Versa, I lost ONE hubcap after I had a tire changed & it wasn't put back on properly. But at least it didn't break, it went back on the car!

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.