Used 2007 Nissan Versa 1.8 S Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Versa model:

Good starter car but never again!
By werolln_dyhatn

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Been driving the 07 hatchback for 7 years now- this was my first new car that I paid for myself. It's fun to drive (as are all manual transmission cars) but it lacks hp & zip. Mpg is good if you stay under 60 mph but if you have a lead foot like me, good luck. Hubcaps flew off after year 1. Someone stole the antenna tip on year 2. Tires seem to have the insane will to stay flat- I don't know how often I've had to patch them up and they have the propensity to find all sharp objects and impale themselves on it. Tires have been routinely changed every year because of that. Rotors changed after 4 years. Battery after 3 years. Immaculate maintenance on my part can't help this vehicle.

6 speed manual transmission. Roomy back seat.

Bigger tires. Muffler and gas flap are both crappy- had to change the muffler at year 5 (it fell off), the gas flap won't completely close. More zip!

Versa/Kenny Ross
By Heflynn

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Bought new with 17 miles on it. I drive it back and forth to work, no off road, nor do I have a passenger the majority of the time. Here is what has been replaced. Strut bearings, struts, intermediate steering column (noise came back so it is going back again) rotors, rotors turned, fuel pressure regulator, oxygen sensor, rear defrost (twice), muffler has rusted off. This part is not covered under my extended warranty and it will cost around 2000.00 to fix. I have had no issue with the dealership that I bought it from, they are great just a bad product to be selling. The servicing dealership Kenny Ross, horrible service. There is not enough space to explain how terrible my experience was.

It has round tires.

Build the car with material that will not wear out as soon as it hits the air.

Completely AWESOME
By zbaerenlovesme

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Versa, and I'll be sad when I have to trade it in soon due to having another child. The one thing I don't like is that it won't fit three car seats ha ha ha. I have had negligible problems with my Versa. I have never "lost" a hubcap due to fly off or fall off, just to other versa owners STEALING them. I am surprised that another owner has expressed problem with the interior noise as I sometimes cannot tell if it is on or not it is so quiet. I have had it in the shop only for Nissan notified issues and regular maintenance. I agree, replacements hubcaps are too expensive. I get a reasonable gas mileage at 27 city, 33 highway.

Manual Transmission, Gas Mileage

Better owner notification for problems with the car. Better hubcaps.

2007 versa commuter
By garrett

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I drive 100 miles daily and find the Versa to have good comfort. 4 big men can ride in it no problem. I like the 6 speed manual but a lot of time spent in stop and go traffic will leave you worn out. The only problems I've had is excessive cranking at startup. Took it to the dealer twice and they changed parts but couldn't fix the problem. I suspect a relay but it usually is no problem.

Big interior, comfortable seats, well optioned for a strippy car

A taller gear final ratio on the 6 speed trans would be nice, also a dealership that has mechanics that know what they are doing would be nice.

Great Car
By bscanlan

2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback 1.8 S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

Just sold my 2007 Versa after 39000 miles and 38 months. I am sad to see it go as it was a great car. Inexpensive to buy, great mileage (32 mpg), reliable, and fun. I have never had a car with as good a drivers position and/or visibility. As a fun and well-built people mover, it has no equal; certainly not the Fit or Yaris; it is in a class by itself. It served me well and never complained. Good job Nissan. Thanks Versa.

Drivers position and visibility, auto express up and down, huge cabin, quality interior materials for the segment, steering feel, true versa-tility.

None